Old 09-06-2018, 03:57 AM
Campaigner

Well that was fucking annoying.

Turns out the SD association SD formatting tool doesn't give you an option for formatting microSD cards bigger than 32GB as FAT32, which the current version of Rockbox needs to be able to read the contents of card. Instead it does it as exFAT, so cue one confused Mess wondering where the fuck his music is.

The it's hello to the 50 minute wait for stuff to copy over to the back up folder + another 50+ minutes to copy back. And of course that's not accounting for the usual screwy windows file copy time estimation...

Though I'm happy to note read/write speeds are higher doing this through my mp3 player that via the card reader. Probably because SanDisk equipped the Clip with a decent chipset that can handle the I/O stuff easily.
Old 09-10-2018, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator

Steam thinks I've been posting too much on the GD forum there and won't let me now. Well, sorry for wanting to join in.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 09-10-2018, 03:35 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Steam thinks I've been posting too much on the GD forum there and won't let me now. Well, sorry for wanting to join in.
The irony of you running into a spam prevention system (I think that's it) is delicious
Old 09-10-2018, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Well guess it is funny at that. I can lay claim to having over 19,000 posts on one of my forums since I joined in July 2011.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Praetorian

Never posted on any steam 'forums' yet. Waste of space for people that can't use google to find simplest solutions, and dominated by people schooling game developers, about how they should reconsider their vision of the game. Moderating there must be like cleaning an ocean full of crap with a teaspoon. It's trash so compacted it glows. Only value it has is in buyers remorse critical reviews, or for comedic relief, to laugh how overzealous people can be with defending their games, writing in exalted pseudo intelligent gibberish, thinking they are devs best pals and clinging for their friendship like a rat in the gutters.
Old 09-10-2018, 09:31 PM
Champion

Sometimes you get lucky with steam forums, in my experience it happens sometimes with either independent or very niche games. When the crowd is small enough and specific enough it can happen that steam forums are actually ok. I can count the times this has happened on one hand, and I've been on steam for over 8 years now.
Old 09-11-2018, 05:52 AM
Super Moderator

Well, only the GD one I'm interested in and it seems pretty good overall. I only have two games on Steam anyway: GD for playtesting and Banished.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:25 PM
Praetorian

Triggered super hard, but also very perplexed.

I guess I'm a bit uptight over all this and should probably get over it... the train left the station years ago, so nothing I say could ever make a difference. Better find another hill to die for because this one is being leveled to the ground.

Snobbery and self-righteousness is alive and well... common sense seems to have gone AWOL nowadays?

Condescending fuckers..just remember, you are a pie on a shelf.. an easy kill... there when i want you...
Old 09-15-2018, 01:33 AM
Counsel

You guys should head over to the Sekiro Steam discussion board. You'll find people there actually BEGGING Activision to put Denuvo in the game claiming otherwise everybody is going to pirate it.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:44 AM
Praetorian

Because people are idiots and don't know what they are talking about. The point of Denuvo is to just save the initial sales. I can't find article which discussed that, where they admitted themselves that anything can be pirated and that's why most AAA titles use something that takes longer to crack (if it's worth it to even crack).

At least in gaming industry, because in music industry most good programs are hardware protected and you need hardware eLicenser USB dongle.
You cannot crack or bypass McFACT crypto unlike PACE/iLok stuff there. Bypassing cryptography is technically impossible. That's why big industries use it, because to defeat it, you have to do emulators which would take so much time it's not worth it to even try. It's like trying to "crack" the password protected zip archive without valid password. Denuvo is childs plays in comparison.
Closed Thread