Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
I read somewhere that builds weren't going to buffed or nerfed based on Crucible perfomance. Well if this is true, then it's a lie then, because i'm sure some builds were nerfed due to their performance in the Crucible.
Wait what ? did they really nerfed BWC & Physical S&B build because its was overperforming into the Crucible ?

Spoiler!
Old 04-06-2017, 12:31 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Nice one

Im really glad to see so much people posting new build lately

Tho I will have to disappoint you, I have a similar build and its not so strong in cruci like commando or DEE WB, it unfortunately lacks single target dmg and fer chunk of survivability when compared to them
Me too.

I always loved Holy Freeze, in Diablo 2.

I'm determined to make a killer out of her, though - despite the pitfalls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzto View Post
Wait what ? did they really nerfed BWC & Physical S&B build because its was overperforming into the Crucible ?

Spoiler!
Yes.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:37 AM
Praetorian

Quote:

Spoiler!
It was something along the lines that Crucible wasn't going to affect the main game in terms of balance. Well, it sure as hell did because BWC and SB Withcblade/Commando were nerfed after people posted vids of them crushing Gladiator with them.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:40 AM
Herald

With Gladiator being (for some reason) so much harder than anything Vanilla can offer... Anything that can solo Gladiator, must be insanely OP in Vanilla. So if that IS why they were nerfed, it's less because it's an issue in Crucible, and more because that indicates a large problem in Vanilla.

If Gladiator wasn't so massively ahead of Vanilla, then perhaps this wouldn't be an issue.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:41 AM
Advocate

I guess i failed the trolling aspect feelsbadman.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:44 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
With Gladiator being (for some reason) so much harder than anything Vanilla can offer... Anything that can solo Gladiator, must be insanely OP in Vanilla. So if that IS why they were nerfed, it's less because it's an issue in Crucible, and more because that indicates a large problem in Vanilla.

If Gladiator wasn't so massively ahead of Vanilla, then perhaps this wouldn't be an issue.
This is untrue, Vanilla & Crucible have 2 different meta, Crucible build are way to slow for my Vanilla standard.
Actually i started to post *Crucible build* because the forum was lacking in this part.
Old 04-06-2017, 12:56 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
This is untrue, Vanilla & Crucible have 2 different meta, Crucible build are way to slow for my Vanilla standard.
Actually i started to post *Crucible build* because the forum was lacking in this part.
This has always been my impression, too.

Thermite Meteors... what a waste in Vanilla.
Old 04-06-2017, 01:07 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabs View Post
Thermite Meteors...
Does it even beat the current thermite + reckless tempest ?

Spoiler!
Old 04-06-2017, 10:06 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
It isn't so massively ahead than vanilla

Pretty much what Drizzto mentioned

Crucible builds require extreme amounts of defensive stacking a lot more than vanilla builds.
While Single target is important but having powerful AoE in the form of skills/procs/devotions is much more preferable

Currently crucible builds have been backed in a corner and not many are free to use offensive options (i said "not many", so there are some)

Obviously a build that can perform in Gladiator can do so in Vanilla and the same goes for Vanilla meta builds performing in Crucible
But their kill speed and survivability and ultimately their success rates would be different

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabs View Post
Thermite Meteors... what a waste in Vanilla.
Calling it a waste is exaggerating it

Vanilla had pretty big enemies as well

Quote:
Sad but true

Speaking of Physical S&B, I still don't think Targo is as good pre-nerf, not sure why you still use it Drizzto. I could be wrong since i might have picked the wrong place to test it (Plains of Strife)

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 04-06-2017 at 10:10 AM.
Old 04-06-2017, 10:24 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Speaking of Physical S&B, I still don't think Targo is as good pre-nerf, not sure why you still use it Drizzto. I could be wrong since i might have picked the wrong place to test it (Plains of Strife)
Ofc targo its not as godlike as before , it is still at a reasonable level damage for a T1 devo proc, tho you are swarmed a lot into the crucible (i dont play S&B into Vanilla), so the effectiveness of the proc is probably more consistent for cruci purpose than Vanilla.

Tags
blademaster