Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 09-13-2017, 02:51 PM
Speaker

Seriously amazing work on that loading screen! The details are incredible, especially the aether storm. The woman in question is very regal looking and I love her renaissance/victorian look~

If only our female characters could look that bad ass I seriously have no idea what people are complaining about...

If you think that's cleavage, don't ever to go a renfair...might give you a heart attack

For some reason she makes me think of a witch..mainly because of the dagger and severed head in the other hand (ritualistic). Or she's part of the craze of that city, just going out on her daily monster hunt :P

Her eyes aren't glowing aether green, so hopefully she's not a taken

This is definitely my new desktop picture

Last edited by Silvist; 09-13-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:45 PM
Lord Advocate

I am glad the discussion has been more or less civil and even more glad that the picture sparked some kind of controversy it'd have been shocking if it hadn't considering it's 2017
Really though, discussions like this aren't harmful imo just a bunch of people disagreeing with one another. Not the usual tumblr/facebook pissing contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe View Post
That's an easy one:

This guy made bows look like the most badass ranged weapons

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumshoe View Post
Marc Laidlaw posted the plot of Half-Life 2: Episode 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Reskill Mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Reign of Terror Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 09-13-2017 at 06:54 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 09:23 PM
Herald

Why settle for Rambo when you can have:

Old 09-13-2017, 10:41 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
Why settle for Rambo when you can have:

Excuse me Sir, but this is way too much eye candy!
Old 09-14-2017, 03:44 AM
Counsel

Boy, you know were nerds when the debate is loading screen boob art.

Can't wait to hear what happens if she turns into some aetherial succubi and her undead boobs are too big.

Lol, why is this even being talked about. Lord, we do need the expansion to drop soon so we can talk about the actual game play again

Grim Dawn Early Alpha access player
Old 09-14-2017, 04:35 AM
Initiate

I like the boobs, as well as the rest of the picture.

Actually, one of the things that has really jumped out at me about Grim Dawn and female NPCs is that almost all of them (I have not seen every female character in the game yet) have extremely short hair - as in, it's often difficult to tell from just the picture and hairstyle that it is even a female. I don't get that. Would at least 90% of females really have started cropping their hair to crew-cut length after the Grim Dawn and kept it that way?
Old 09-14-2017, 05:28 AM
Acolyte

Question Please more .... different loading screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambria View Post
Very nice art.
And great to see a new load screen.

My main problem with the current loadscreen isn't the art itself but the fact that it's the same one every time.
It would be really nice if this and the original one could rotate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
New loading screen, eh? Loving it Not saying the regular one got annoying but it's def a good addition
Thats a good news for sure and good job to the artist. I would be glad if NPC or even character would seems more female that what we have now.

Next to it, it looks that some people are asking for more variety with the current load screen and I enjoying this post to request why it is still the same load screen after all that time ?

I am sure that some artist on this forum would be happy if crate ask for some pictures from them and maybe make contest to have more variety in load screen.

We have right now, 5 (thx for fix) 6 different masteries and 15 possibilities but sill only one class represented on loading screen. Why is that ?

Last edited by Kathleen; 09-14-2017 at 06:00 AM. Reason: fix
Old 09-14-2017, 05:45 AM
Praetorian

6 different masteries, not 5. Soldier, Occultist, Demolitionist, Nightblade, Arcanist and Shaman.

As to why, well it's more important to get the expansion finished and out to the fans than updating loading screens to give a bit of variety.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:04 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
As to why, well it's more important to get the expansion finished and out to the fans than updating loading screens to give a bit of variety.
Thanks for fix and I fully agree about the need to have this expansion done when it will be ... done.

But still, before the expansion was announced and during all updates game received, I am just curious about having only one load screen.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:40 AM
Praetorian

As said, working on the expansion. Although it did get officially announced a while back, it's always been the plan to have one as it was part of the Kickstarter goals. So I suspect work was already being done it on at the same time the base game was being finished off and fully released. Plus as Zantai's said several times the expansion has outgrown the original vision/plan for it so a lot more work to be done to get it finished.

More variety in the load screens is one of those "things on the wish list" to be done - eventually, maybe.