Old 09-13-2017, 05:25 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojotek View Post
Uroboruuk is a lore hype baloon that's about to pop. He's not a smart man.
When Arkovian's came for him he forgot how to "undead army". Then he went full-retard with cursing whole of Arkovians into unlife (nobles did deserve what they got, but average citizen Joe from Arkovia had no idea what's up), and wait, it got even better, Arkovian newborn children got turned into flesh eating harpies that still attack travelers hundreds of years after Arkovia fell, even more innocent bystanders to throw onto the body pile.
Truly the master of necromancy is not the master of logical thinking
Did you complete a Dalia's quest chain? There is more to Uroboruuk than just Arkovia.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 09-13-2017, 06:13 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
When Arkovian's came for him he forgot how to "undead army". Then he went full-retard with cursing whole of Arkovians into unlife (nobles did deserve what they got, but average citizen Joe from Arkovia had no idea what's up), and wait, it got even better, Arkovian newborn children got turned into flesh eating harpies that still attack travelers hundreds of years after Arkovia fell, even more innocent bystanders to throw onto the body pile.
Don't really see what's not smart about this. Uroboruuk doesn't care for anyone except himself and his followers and some bystanders being killed by the curse he put on Arkovia don't really matter to him.

He also put the curse in Arkovia to just kill them all or drive them insane, regardless if they were innocent or not. He was just fed up with Arkovia hunting him down and killing his followers.

Also, it was several lords of Arkovia that capture him, not just a few men, Highly doubt an undead army would do much against several Arkovian armies. He also most likely let himself get captured to curse Alkamos and by extension Arkovia.

Last edited by Norzan; 09-13-2017 at 06:15 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 06:40 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Don't really see what's not smart about this. Uroboruuk doesn't care for anyone except himself and his followers and some bystanders being killed by the curse he put on Arkovia don't really matter to him.

He also put the curse in Arkovia to just kill them all or drive them insane, regardless if they were innocent or not. He was just fed up with Arkovia hunting him down and killing his followers.

Also, it was several lords of Arkovia that capture him, not just a few men, Highly doubt an undead army would do much against several Arkovian armies. He also most likely let himself get captured to curse Alkamos and by extension Arkovia.
Interesting perspective, I like this take on things
Only have to comment on the last part, I think he got captured since he was confident (a little too much) that Arkovians couldn't do anything to him

My views on him are ambivalent, on one end I think he's a pure bad-ass but on the other hand there's Mogdrogen's comments, a bunch of pansy ass chthonians stealing his personal guardian and him being not actually immortal (from what I gather he is more or less like Alucard)

Quote:
Not really. True about Covenant being also outside of inquisitions grasp, but the members of the Covenant were more about teaching and harnessing the power of the eldritch realm for use in the Cairn world. They weren't the same threat level like the Cult who wanted a literal end of the world, with everyone dead and their blood unified with Ch'thon in some sort of spiritual commune.
True, indeed
One is a cult focused on exploring the unknown and is therefore hunted down for their eccentric beliefs
The other is a cult that wants to exsanguinate everyone

Quote:
Maybe not all chips, but certainly most of them. All the blood they have drained from the Darkvale refugees and residents to summon Log, won't be easy to gather again with the world as it is.
Ah yes, Darkvale it's a shame so many resources went to waste because of the Black Legion
Jokes aside i'm very curious exactly how the cult plans to strike now considering their out of resources to harvest.

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 09-13-2017 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 07:39 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
The other is a cult that wants to exsanguinate everyone.
Excuse me, the cult merely wants to return the blood to its rightful owner.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 09-13-2017, 09:05 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigvir View Post
Excuse me, the cult merely wants to return the blood to its rightful owner.
You do realize supporting my grand design doesn't grant you complete immunity right?

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 09-13-2017, 09:20 PM
Herald

About Ulto Treig which we have discussed before in the Lore Discussion thread. I think Uroboruuk could have met this group or part of it in East March, which can be read in his 2nd journal. I think we will meet that camp or what remained of it somewhere near Ugdenbog.

I am also confident that he's not really a bad guy, although the curse was a little overdone

It all seems that everything is somehow connected: Mogdrogen, Arkovian gods, Witch gods and Uroboruuk. I really wonder what he expansion will reveal and how much is connected.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:14 PM
Emissary

Quote:
I certainly think that he was not smart in that he misjudged his power.

From his note (Forbidden Art - Part 1), it is no doubt that Uroboruuk had anticipated that he would be tormented by torture. But he decided to annihilate the enemy, so he dared to stay at his home in Arkovia (Forbidden Art - Part 3).

However, since the power of his ritual was so strong, it was effective in the whole country and harmed to those who were innocent. He regretted it and made his Order after wandering (The Keeper of Tomes). It is a big tragedy. However, thanks to that, the game is interesting.