Old 03-15-2017, 10:07 PM
Initiate

There was a new patch today, do I need to reinstall over every patch for it to still work correctly?

Love this mod btw, for being able to access scrap for gold, and to pick up some fast devotion points and EXP in the beginning!
Old 09-13-2017, 04:59 AM
Initiate

Default Drop Rates

Thank you for an awesome mod! Sorry if this is necroing the project, but has anyone found a way to modify drop rates of crucible and/or crucible LT?
Old 09-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandenPlause View Post
There was a new patch today, do I need to reinstall over every patch for it to still work correctly?

Love this mod btw, for being able to access scrap for gold, and to pick up some fast devotion points and EXP in the beginning!
let me get back to you after the expansion
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoberingUndertow View Post
Thank you for an awesome mod! Sorry if this is necroing the project, but has anyone found a way to modify drop rates of crucible and/or crucible LT?
I realize its been some time and you probably don't need this anymore, but since I have time and nobody has answered, here goes

heres someone asking me that a year ago and increasing the loot for himself: https://www.reddit.com/r/Grimdawn/co...s_the/d6z9z2w/

for posterity, its the rewards.lua in Scripts.arc:
Quote:
dispenseReward seems to be the function for that, ...
"Entity.Create(checkpointTable[rewardTier][id])" [is] the one spawning the chests, and the indexes for chests are at the top of the file, up to line 160. so I assume you can just find a good chest record and replace all of the lesser ones with that, this may take a long time, we don't know what are in those chests and there are a lot of them.
You can also try extracting the arz and repacking it, changing the loottables for chests. But I haven't done this myself either, so this is all I know in regard to those

Well, rewards.lua in Scripts.arc contains the chest information, each chest being a .dbr file in the database.arz. To modify the actual chest information, you would need to unpack and repack the database.arz file.

Alternatively, if you are okay with having only a basic level of control, you could extract the Scripts.arc, modify the rewards.lua (like replace the worse chests with the better chests, and only keep the good and better chests in the code), and pack the Scripts.arc back. This will take a few hours, and give you a very broad control. You won't be able to change what a chest may contain, but you will be able to control which chest spawns.

I found this snippet of mine to compile the .arc file back,
Code:
"ArchiveTool.exe" "D:\cruciblext\build\Scripts.arc"  -add "game" "D:\cruciblext\build\Scripts\"
"ArchiveTool.exe" "D:\cruciblext\build\Scripts.arc"  -add "main.lua" "D:\cruciblext\build\Scripts\"
and this thread should assist you with unpacking it, http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39952

If you want a finer control, you'd need to unpack and repack the database.arz of this mod. I don't know how to use the official tooling to do that(you'd probably be using the database.arz in place of the base games arz, so it would be lots of copy paste each time you want to do this and test it -- I have no idea really.) Personally, I've used ArzBaller for that, which isn't updated anymore, so if you use it on the current database.arz file of the game, it may blow up, or complain a ton. There have been a few threads and a few people packing the crucible back, with the official tools, though I couldn't find the threads right now.

And if you don't care breaking a few parts of the game:
  • download this mod
  • make sure this mod still works, play with it for like an hour (a few parts of the game may break, that'd be the issue here)
  • unpack this mod with arzballer
  • make the desired changes
  • pack it back with arzballer

if it works, this is probably the easiest way of modding the crucible right now.

If it doesn't, arzballer will likely be completely useless, which means you would need to figure out how to do this with the official tooling.

On top of this, the chest file will refer you to a loot file, which will contain more loot files in it. Each of which look like this when you get to the loot lists: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49132 -- this sadly made the process of finding the drop chance of an item tedious, so this isn't the most fun job in the world and changing the rates and making exact changes will take some time.

Also this mod was based on an earlier version of GD, and since then they have decreased the drop rates(this was a documented change in some changelog, like a year ago), so if this mod still works, you may just use this.

this post is based on my blurry memory from the last time I touched modding -- things may have changed --, consider this post a work of fiction and don't release something based on something you do by following this post without doing serious tests first
To those that ask, yes I still fuck with grim dawn, I enjoy it, especially with grimmalion/diablo 3 mods(rip after extension?). and no, grimcalc is obsolote. Use grimtools. Its better. I can update grimcalc right now, but I am not sure if I should, or if I should keep it at v1009 since there is not much reason to create new builds in gc.
The remainder of this page is intentionally left blank ╮(︶︿︶)╭
Old 10-13-2017, 11:59 AM
Supporter

I hope you consider updating your mod for the xpac!
Old 10-28-2017, 12:09 PM
Initiate

Hmmm unfortunately one of the last patches seem to have disabled the mod. I have not reinstalled it in hopes there was a new version. Is it worth waiting for an update or should I just reinstall an older version?
Old 10-30-2017, 04:18 AM
Emissary

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max1405 View Post
I hope you consider updating your mod for the xpac!
Hey, I feel the same way about your retaliation mod!

That reminds me, I think its time for a foreclosure on this. Mostly its just me being not active, so even if I made something I know I just wouldn't bother keeping it updated/improved constantly. Something like this should be made by someone more willing to stick with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDrakE View Post
Hmmm unfortunately one of the last patches seem to have disabled the mod. I have not reinstalled it in hopes there was a new version. Is it worth waiting for an update or should I just reinstall an older version?
You should try it. If it doesn't work, bummer. I don't think I will be making a new version of this, sadly. Thanks for using it for so long, its good knowing it was useful to people while it was being developed. ^_^

Not an answer to anything in specific, but the ending. I will link this in the main thread, just the stuff I have been telling people asking me about this when they asked, in one place:

I posted the entire source/toolset I used to make this mod in the first post. Its compiled by @jiacos tool(thanks again!) and includes the old database, I imagine its unusable post-expansion and/or obsolote. The files I uploaded include every tool that was made public and is available for the game. No piracy/binary stuff for the game, just tools that were already available on public facing links, thats the extent of those files.

Keep in mind, this is just for posterity, if you are trying to make something similar, don't expect this to be very useful. Then again, if I asked someone for source on something and they said "it wouldn't be useful", I wouldn't believe them and still want to see it for myself, and so everyone else should have the right to decide for themselves. Just don't get your hopes up. It should run on older versions before the expansion, and thats it.

For any newer players, which is most people here at this point, I should make it clear why something like this existed in the first place since it may seem reduntant. It was created just after the release of crucible, because I was hooked on it(love the TD/Survival genres!) and I had problems with few parts of it. Namely, some monsters would either get stuck or hang out in their pits(theres a bug report thread I made on this). The rewards felt too low and forced you to play the main game as they became harder in terms of tribute costs, the loot was actually decent, but you lacked the gold to buy potions between waves on a new char, and some of the crafting supplies wasn't available for purchase, even though they were in the main game. It was created just so I didn't have to play the main game, really

And so, I solved these issues. "Solved", in the easiest way possible. The worst I think was the solution for the stuck monsters, which was solved with by decreasing their hp to a point such that you could kill them in a time you could stand in their pits. You see, the changes went in a pendulum pattern and a lot of those were "over-corrected". A lazy solution was still better than nothing, though. In later patches, those were fixed by the devs, in better ways.

The conclusion being, for anyone wanting to develop a similar mod:
* The dev team for this game is quite good, and these issues are mostly gone now. It doesn't need such drastic changes anymore. A new mod should have higher quality than this one did for it to be meaningful.
* This mod wasn't very smart in dealing with those issues, it wasn't polished enough for my taste.
* It stagnated for a long time, so I doubt people even check this thread anymore, a new thing should have a new purpose/name/everything.

so anyway, I shared everything I had in relation to this mod including the files and the thoughts, that should be about it.

R.I.P.

I'd play something that just makes everything progress faster, though. I feel like thats actually something missing, though the mods that increase the monsters end up being similar in the end.

Now that this is done, I will just stalk the profiles of people I used to hang out with around here for a bit.

edit: if someone is making something new they can pm me and ill put it in the main thread to redirect people checking this out, let me know.
To those that ask, yes I still fuck with grim dawn, I enjoy it, especially with grimmalion/diablo 3 mods(rip after extension?). and no, grimcalc is obsolote. Use grimtools. Its better. I can update grimcalc right now, but I am not sure if I should, or if I should keep it at v1009 since there is not much reason to create new builds in gc.
The remainder of this page is intentionally left blank ╮(︶︿︶)╭

Last edited by Stormcaller; 10-30-2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:40 PM
Emissary

First of all, thank you for entertaining us for a long time. And it's a pity that I do not have program knowledge. For the past few days, I received inquiries about your MOD from my local users. But I could not help anything.

Well, all good things come to an end. Today, I erased your MOD link from my page. However, both this mod and your calc will be in our memories forever.

Tags
crucible, experience, mod, modding, mods