Old 03-21-2019, 11:35 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samael187 View Post
The main idea of my suggestion was to give projectile skill (i.e. projectile spell) to all new wands (as they can't have inherit projectile).
As so, ranged wand builds with WPS will not be possible, but wands still will be able to provide ranged attacks (if necessary).
Ok sure, in the case where I can't modify the template, this might work. Adding a skill to every wand will be a pain.

Quote:
And if we have the necessity to compensate somehow inefficient ranged attack (via skill) of new wands, you could make those skills with different effects by damage types. So, you may create only 1 ranged spell per damage type. The effects are obvious, e.g. fire = % of splash/ignite, lightning = % of arc/stun, ice = % of slow/freeze and so on.
Not really sure what you're trying to suggest here. Some kind of modifier for wand skills? Eh, dunno how that would be possible.

Quote:
Once again, the result is the new weapon type with the new builds possibilities (via new wand spells) and a free slot for bows.
Still, it's an incredible amount of work for (imo) minimal gain. I'm with mamba, I don't see the need to have both crossbows and bows. If it was a simple addition, sure but to have to rework sooo much stuff just to add it... it's just not worth my time.
Old Yesterday, 12:16 AM
Initiate

Many thanks for this mod, I love all the classes in it.

Is it possible to make tweaks to the mod for my own play style (I prefer grab and smash' increased skill points and shrine devotion points for instance)

I assume it's not possible for me to modify this mod without the source? (I'm new at this, so bear with me hehe)
Old Yesterday, 07:50 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPD View Post
Many thanks for this mod, I love all the classes in it.

Is it possible to make tweaks to the mod for my own play style (I prefer grab and smash' increased skill points and shrine devotion points for instance)

I assume it's not possible for me to modify this mod without the source? (I'm new at this, so bear with me hehe)
Yes you can modify it, you will have to extract the mods content, but first you have to set up your asset manager(aka extracting game database to your working directory). If you have no idea how it works it will be a bit of a pain, as i had to figure out from the guide and ask around here on what to do. A good starting point is the GD modding pdf guide and the forums. And it depends on what you want to modify, if its only database, then its very easy(everybody can do it), but if you want to add new stuff then its more work and needs advanced knowlege.

Last edited by Nghtwind; Yesterday at 07:57 AM.
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Initiate

Long time listener, first time caller here. Thank you for picking up the mod and continuing it. I never even played Ashes more than a half hour before waiting for Grimarillion to be updated. Asylum101, roughly how long do you guess it will take after launch before you can issue an update, or even just an update on the mob density? I'm not asking for a firm commitment, just a best guess.
Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nghtwind View Post
Yes you can modify it, you will have to extract the mods content, but first you have to set up your asset manager(aka extracting game database to your working directory). If you have no idea how it works it will be a bit of a pain, as i had to figure out from the guide and ask around here on what to do. A good starting point is the GD modding pdf guide and the forums. And it depends on what you want to modify, if its only database, then its very easy(everybody can do it), but if you want to add new stuff then its more work and needs advanced knowlege.
Yea that much I thought I'd figured out, I extracted the game files, extracted the mod database using archivetool
I thought I had to copy the mod files into the working folder/MyMod, then build the mod, but it's missing all the graphics in the UI for the custom classes and such.

Last edited by AdamPD; Yesterday at 07:36 PM.
Old Today, 12:55 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizaq View Post
Long time listener, first time caller here. Thank you for picking up the mod and continuing it. I never even played Ashes more than a half hour before waiting for Grimarillion to be updated. Asylum101, roughly how long do you guess it will take after launch before you can issue an update, or even just an update on the mob density? I'm not asking for a firm commitment, just a best guess.
Ok since this will probably come up a bit, here is my forecast on compatibility with FG release:

*skills and masteries should be fine. Oathkeeper will be locked until I unlock it once I update post-FG. (will try to make a small update asap for that purpose)
*Items from FG *should* spawn just fine. I don't think we edit any of the loottables, we only add to mastertables (which means it should be ok)
*Devotions should work, I'm a playtester so I've been on FG for a while, and unlike AOM release, devotions didn't break this time.
*Density changes for FG should be automatic, meticulous adjustments for bugs/overly difficult encounters will prolly take a long time unless people don't report them - then they will never come. I'm not usually the guy to manage grimmest spawn adjustments so I'm not sure I will really know what I am doing but I'm sure I can manage.

afaik there should be no huge conflicts. But again, we will see and it requires you guys to report bugs. I don't really play the mod so...
Old Today, 01:50 AM
Advocate

Will you give us one last AoM update for those who aren't buying the expansion? There will probably be a few holdouts that wait a few months before buying the new expansion, so if Grimarillion gets updated and any updates require the new expansion for it to work, it'd be nice to have a definitive AoM version still on the front page so people don't ask repeatedly.