#1181  
Old Yesterday, 10:30 PM
Aldebaran's Avatar
Aldebaran Aldebaran is online now
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
True, I just copied your devotions since they looked kinda nice

I also think that the shield component skill I went with can be useful too (3 targets, 18% retal dmg, 3sec cooldown)

Energy MIGHT become a problem though, so some form of energy absorb or arcane spark or something might be needed

Otherwise it might be possible to grab Bards harp and sacrificing the builder...
It's crazy how these components we've overlooked so far become more and more useful with the new mechanic. Even Vengeful wraith can be used, in a retal build that needs more OA. 124 flat cold retal can mean a lot, with all the multipliers. This component too, can easily compete with Myrmidon. Sure, that give a flat retal bonus for 8 seconds, but with a long cooldown.
On the energy issue... if that happens, i think it would be better to get prismatic diamond or arcane spark than lose Targo, it's too good for retal builds.
Reply With Quote
  #1182  
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
malawiglenn's Avatar
malawiglenn malawiglenn is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
It's crazy how these components we've overlooked so far become more and more useful with the new mechanic. Even Vengeful wraith can be used, in a retal build that needs more OA. 124 flat cold retal can mean a lot, with all the multipliers. This component too, can easily compete with Myrmidon. Sure, that give a flat retal bonus for 8 seconds, but with a long cooldown.
On the energy issue... if that happens, i think it would be better to get prismatic diamond or arcane spark than lose Targo, it's too good for retal builds.
yeah I totally forgot about veng wrath! And attuded loadstone too (light retal)

True, some energy absorb and leech + drinking mana pots is better
__________________
I don't play crucible either

YouTube: malawiglenn
Reply With Quote
  #1183  
Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM
Aldebaran's Avatar
Aldebaran Aldebaran is online now
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
yeah I totally forgot about veng wrath! And attuded loadstone too (light retal)

True, some energy absorb and leech + drinking mana pots is better
Holy smokes, totally overlooked attuned loadstone. For retal, it's superior to tainted heart, gives same % crit and better OA. If aether/vit resist isn't an issue, that is
Reply With Quote
  #1184  
Old Yesterday, 10:53 PM
malawiglenn's Avatar
malawiglenn malawiglenn is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 2,858
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldebaran View Post
Holy smokes, totally overlooked attuned loadstone. For retal, it's superior to tainted heart, gives same % crit and better OA. If aether/vit resist isn't an issue, that is
I changed armor component and one ring component
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqyDB4Z
got two attuned loadstones ^^

OA took a pretty big hit though...

Now I included Fightning Spirit, I forgot that earlier...
__________________
I don't play crucible either

YouTube: malawiglenn

Last edited by malawiglenn; Yesterday at 10:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1185  
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM
Aldebaran's Avatar
Aldebaran Aldebaran is online now
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
I changed armor component and one ring component
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/aZqyDB4Z
got two attuned loadstones ^^

OA took a pretty big hit though...

Now I included Fightning Spirit, I forgot that earlier...
Well, even before including Fighting Spirit, you had a 10k maximum retal gain from the loadstones. Too bad about this being sooo starved for points, to put more into Fighting spirit, for OA. Maybe a mod for shorter cooldown on it on one of the sets... Oh well, we already get 200% retal. Maybe use a rylok crest that has some retal bonuses on it.
Reply With Quote
  #1186  
Old Yesterday, 11:19 PM
Khaop Khaop is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 55
Default

Thought i'd post my version of retal Warlord. The GG version.

If you feel like adding it you can call it:

"100% Block Retaliation Warlord"

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/D2p4qkL2

Cheers

Pretty much done theorycrafting it, but feel free to attack it from any angle should you see weakness.

Last edited by Khaop; Yesterday at 11:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #1187  
Old Today, 01:35 AM
Belzzzz's Avatar
Belzzzz Belzzzz is online now
Advocate
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 520
Default

I'm a lot skeptical about this Baldir Set. Anyway, here is the build:

S&B Bleeding Archon
Reply With Quote
  #1188  
Old Today, 01:50 AM
Aldebaran's Avatar
Aldebaran Aldebaran is online now
Counsel
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 260
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belzzzz View Post
I'm a lot skeptical about this Baldir Set. Anyway, here is the build:

S&B Bleeding Archon
Not bad, though the set seems to be meant for a Warlord, with lots of focus on Blade Arc. Ofc, a Warder could probably make even better use of it
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2019 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.