Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-12-2018, 08:10 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bykot View Post
Finishing SoT gives you like 4 chests iirc, so losing 1-2 bonus chests is like 20-33% less spoils. That's a lot, not even talking about those chests is filled with fancier stuffs compared to "usual" drops.
I'm not saying the timer-player shouldn't get their rewards, but it could be something off-loot. A badge. A title. Some special skins, I dunno.
Otoh why I even grumble, let's see how the new mode will do (and then grumble)
The game already rewards speed with more loot, we just don’t see a timer ticking. Clearing SoT faster might not give an extra chest at the end, but fast clear speeds allow a player to run SoT more times per hour than a slow player. This timer addition just makes what was already true more obvious.
Old 07-12-2018, 08:38 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzblaster View Post
The game already rewards speed with more loot, we just don’t see a timer ticking. Clearing SoT faster might not give an extra chest at the end, but fast clear speeds allow a player to run SoT more times per hour than a slow player. This timer addition just makes what was already true more obvious.
Yup, so it'd be a game mode especially rewarding for the already rewarding playstyle.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:07 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Who's to say you are even fighting Korvaak? FG is being made accessible this early because some people are constantly complaining that they have to play the game () to reach Ultimate, so they want ways to skip content to reach it faster.
That's why I put the "if that is the expansion's boss, ofc" in my post.

Still, it's been hinted that FG does conclude some of GD's storyline. Kymon's Chosen and Necromancers are both set to appear, so technically you can mess with them before even meeting them in vanilla. Of course all it takes to make it "work" is to change some of the character's responses to, for example, when Ulgrim introduces the factions you may be able to say "Yes I already know them, good to have faction XXX here" or something like that, and bam, contiunity saved.

Thing is, going literally, we might get a conclusion before we get to the part that introduced those factions to the player in the first place. That's what makes it weird for a long-time player.

I am not going to mention "casuals" here because all it does is create hostility and hate, however this is clearly meant for people that want to skip right to the new content. In the past, we had standalone expansions, so this is neither new, nor bad, what I am "afraid of" here is that the atmosphere of "solve-it-all final expansion pack" will most likely be replaced by a side-story, almost optional, which you can participate in very early, even before you even beat your very first serious Aetherial in the form of Krieg. And in my eyes this may end with a rather... lacking... atmosphere.

Then again, let's just see what the future brings. It's hard to blame Crate for that - a gamer that gets easily bored/impatient IS a typical gamer, as illustrated by percentage of progression achievements acquired. "beat first boss" is usually complteted by like 70% gamers (figurative), "beat the game" is like 30% or something, and the endgame achievements are 1% and below.

I'd rather see Crate streamlining the difficulty, possibly getting rid of Epic? At this point Epic isn't really needed IMO. AoM already pushes the player far (level-wise) and another expansion on normal will just be overkill for Epic level progression.

Last edited by Kaiketsu; 07-12-2018 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Crate have already said they're not removing any difficulties. They are looking at streamlining possibilities, but that's all they are at the moment - possibilities.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:23 AM
Supporter

Wouldn't streamlining technically mean removing at least parts of the current diff system? At least I find it hard to think of a different way?
Old 07-12-2018, 09:35 AM
Supporter

Great idea adding maps guys. Good work. Love it.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:36 AM
Super Moderator

No idea. Until the team present us with what they're going to do, if anything, we're all in the dark.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:28 AM
Speaker

I find it funny how people debated that GD does not need rifts/maps because it's generic and does not add to the game content because it's recycled content, and now they are hyped as well....

Back to topic, ..... FINALLY! My life is complete. Thank you, Crate.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:03 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2716 View Post
I find it funny how people debated that GD does not need rifts/maps because it's generic and does not add to the game content because it's recycled content, and now they are hyped as well....

Back to topic, ..... FINALLY! My life is complete. Thank you, Crate.

I always been for some kind of " procedural roguelike" so i'm happy. I don't understand why randon stuff in form of an arena is ok but in form of a dungeon it's blasphemy.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:37 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo2716 View Post
Because some people likes to go against someone's ideas, just for the sake of creating a pointless argument. They're not against your idea... they're against YOU having that idea, and want to shot your idea down, just for the sake of it, or like I saw in other boards, to simply try to make themselves being "heard more" by the community, like, they use your suggestion topics as a way to show to everybody that what they say is more important and more valuable than what you think/said. (there's at least two Praetorians that to acts like that, btw... you should probably know who I'm talking about)

You know you got yourself a case of "toxic community", when stuff like this starts to happen.

Tags
grim misadventures