Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-14-2018, 09:50 PM
Super Moderator

That's good news then.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 11-15-2018, 02:00 AM
Campaigner

Lawl - turns out my feet are now too damn deep, got a second hand pair of closed toe sandals to replace the ones that I lost a sole of, but they weren't able to accommodate my freakishly thick feet. i.e. my left foot is about 7cm deep at it's widest point, going up to +9cm towards the shin.

So I'm stuck with open toe sandals until I can discover ones that fit my stupidly deep feet. Though shoes/boots are less of an issue due to the fact there's usually enough give thanks to lace system or in the case of tramping boots - lots of river bed traversal.
Old 11-24-2018, 05:52 AM
Campaigner

The Good - Work out I'm probably not close to the onset of diabetes via unintended fasting where my blood sugar didn't do anything stupid. Instead I was just slightly thirsty and not really hungry.

The Bad - Went on a very, very long Civ IV bender from 1pm yesterday to 7:30am-ish NZ time today. Stupid "one-more-term" struck again and with great force, and I'm not even leading the pack score wise.

Mainly because in the Realism Invictus mod you're heavily reliant on open borders to give you a bonus to research others civs have done. So starting off in the America's is pretty harsh unless you get play smart science wise. And guess who didn't build enough science wonders this time? Ugh, should have gone with the Pyramids again, the Great Engineers are brilliant for rushing wonders and so granting your more great people.

But hey, at least I've proven the Civ Diet plan works - Play Civ and you'll loose weight simply from forgetting to eat!

Right, now to try and make some dinner and then get onto the campaign to make the America's all MINE as the Aztec's.
Old 12-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Campaigner

Derp - damn this current episode of shit sleep, caused me to not be able to save up soon enough to get a sale on a new jacket to fit my fat self. Not sleeping enough = unable to summon energy to cook = expensive takeaways. Oh well, budget wise it still works at the higher price, I just have to save for a couple of months so I have enough of a cushion to pay it off. So hello saving up $250 just to get started ;-;

At least it helps to get me used to saving like this and serves as a good test run for saving up later on. Since I plan to rebuild my old mountain bike (easily $600 in parts/tools new) this year and then get started on the computer upgrade. But first, after the jacket, it's "fix the fucking boots" followed by the usual fluff. And here's hoping nothing else expensive fucking breaks (again) next year and that my case manager comes through and gets me shifted to the Support Living benefit. Which would be a massive $51/week, sure it sounds small if you can work fulltime, but for me it's stupidly big change. Means I can actually afford to do stuff like swimming (by buying s council gym/pool membership) or semi-regular tramping.

Bonus to the jacket fuck up though is I can actually afford to get some small stuff this steam sale :3
Old 01-03-2019, 02:02 AM
Campaigner

Fuck, should have taken 1/2 a sleeping pill last night, since my brain decided once again it was super-happy-fun-insomnia-time. And of course, today's another hot day with the mercury hitting 30°C again so no way I can nap.

So more super strong tea it is then. Oh and fuck my stomach at the moment, I'm getting constant gastric reflux for seemingly no fucking reason.

Did manage to get back on the bike though and raked up 2 25Km rides 4 days apart out to the Waimakariri for a swim and blob session. Fine out, but totally exhausted on the way back and barely able to cycle consistently. Though more lawn mowing and more time on the bike will fix that :P

Also, lucked out and managed to get the jacket I was after for 40% off, bringing it down to a very affordable NZ$260 and it fucking fits. No squeezing in, no restricted chest movement, it just easily zips up and hood's excellent and possibly big enough to fit a bike helmet under it. And I can fit my beard in easily as well, since the neck's not as stupidly small as it is on my Macpac Traverse jacket.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:55 PM
Champion

So it's been unseasonably warm over here lately, it's something like 10 degrees C above average this week. Feels like spring, in mid February which makes me feel like the world is going to end rather soon. And everyone is going about their business as usual. Deeply unsettling.