Old 07-01-2018, 10:17 PM
Advocate

Arcane Sanctuary looks so cool and this Zakk guy made map modding look like an easy task.
Old 07-01-2018, 11:46 PM
Advocate

That's because he has the best mentor out there

Naah, but really... I would say we both have similar views on how it should be done and that's very important when we are working together.

There's still alot of knowledge that I need to pass to Zakk but he is slowly getting there.
Old 07-08-2018, 06:04 AM
Counsel

Cool

Wanted to give me feedback for all content up to RoT 1.4.

TL;DR: Amazing.

More specifically:

* I got the D2 feeling from this and surprisingly few compromises converting D2 content to GD. Anything that couldn't quite convert appears to be handled in something intuitive to your typical GD player.

* Very clever use of some assets. As I was going through A2, I kept saying to myself "I wonder what they are doing for the maggot lair". I was pleasantly surprised to see a model that made perfect sense. I loved hearing sound clips from D2. Sucker for nostalgia.

* The maps are better than those that Crate made. (I love you, Crate, but I gotta tell the truth) The Black Marsh LOOKS like a marsh. The side area "The Pit" has a sweet looking pit in it. The Countess room looked amazing. The Lut Gholein Sewers felt like sewers. FANTASTIC!

* The only negative I saw was really minor. I noticed a few items that seemed to be the incorrect item rarity. (Example: Warlord's Spaulders, normally an epic item, were marked as a set item with no visible set bonuses, so I assume it's an error).

* Not a positive or negative, but I was thrown off by the skill point changes. I was actually really worried that normally classes wouldn't be as viable with 50% less skill points, but at a certain point (I think level 30) I started getting more than 2 a level. Just threw me off a little.

Thank you for your effort and I look forward to every update!

(No idea how you people are going to recreate Chaos Sanctuary but if anyone can do it...)
Old 07-08-2018, 12:49 PM
Praetorian

IIRC item rarity colors are based on d2 colors if that's what you mean. Blue will be for magic, gold for rares (or unique, I forget) , green for sets, etc
Old 07-08-2018, 02:56 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
IIRC item rarity colors are based on d2 colors if that's what you mean. Blue will be for magic, gold for rares (or unique, I forget) , green for sets, etc
I was referring to items that fell outside the standard Diablo 2 item scheme. Some items were dropping as yellow (even ones with a single affix), Warlord's Spaulders were dropping as green in the game, but they are not a set item.

Pretty minor issue. Looks like Ram fixed the Warlord's Spaulders, according to the Discord chat!
Old Today, 03:16 AM
Supporter

Default Texture bug found

I really like this Diablo 2 mod so far. By far the most best of the best diablo 2 modern experiences I had. But idk whether u guys found out that grphic glitch or not though. One mini boss at act 2 dessert somehow with computerized graphic textures, not real crature texture.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot (156).jpg
Views:	39
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	19106  
Old Today, 04:52 AM
Advocate

Thx for the report, fixed.
Old Today, 07:06 AM
Herald

Quote:
That's not all, I was also busy with modding (obviously) and started preparations for the next quest by making quest items. I also implemented Horadric Cube in a similar way to how it functioned in D2. Well... it's not 100% accurate but I tried to keep it simple and efficient.
Wow! Horadric Cube in GD that is amazing , guys! Thanks a lot

Is it already in mod or just in a testing phase?
Old Today, 08:45 AM
Advocate

Horadric Cube will be introduced in update 0.1.5 including 5 new locations (Lost City, Ancient Tunnels, Valley of Snakes, Claw Viper Temple Level 1, 2), new monsters and 1 quest.

ETA 3 weeks but it might be sooner than that because I have 2 weeks off work starting next week.

Tags
diablo 2, map, mod