Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 01-05-2018, 08:20 PM
Champion

Spellbinder is probably the most versatile class combo because of how much cdr/circuit-breakers and damage absorption (plus cc res) it can muster.

Since it's Chton's build I am pretty sure it's working well, but I would love to see some videos of it in action (like one video against AoM nemesis and maybe one video of Crucible).
Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Since it's Chton's build I am pretty sure it's working well, but I would love to see some videos of it in action (like one video against AoM nemesis and maybe one video of Crucible).
IIRC it's an experimental build and Chthon said that Cold DE is actually the worst kind of DE and Spellbinder was indeed taken for tankiness and energy management. On the other hand he's left without any kind of serious RR.

I'm at loss though why Chthon said that DE's DPS is abysmally low, 100k sheet DPS is a lot.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 PM
Champion

Sheet dps does not mean that much
Old 01-05-2018, 09:09 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
IIRC it's an experimental build and Chthon said that Cold DE is actually the worst kind of DE and Spellbinder was indeed taken for tankiness and energy management. On the other hand he's left without any kind of serious RR.

I'm at loss though why Chthon said that DE's DPS is abysmally low, 100k sheet DPS is a lot.
Channeling skills have high dps sheet numbers but that's not an actual representation of its actual dps. My DE Vitality Ritualist has around 150k DPS sheet and it has actually less dps than some of my characters with like 70k sheet dps.
Old 01-05-2018, 09:18 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Sheet dps does not mean that much
People keep telling me that
The discussion on that topic usually ends up with me saying that RR can be approximated as multiplier on top of it and OA's effect isn't that big of a deal if %crit isn't stacked high enough, so unless you have an evidence that something is inherently wrong with how it's calculated sheet DPS is still a useful metric. Actually I suspect that it's the case for DE and FoI - their DPS seems to be inflated by DoTs.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
How's the updated Deathbound Amethyst to you?
Nope
Still sucks. I can see why they made the change to it, as they wanted something half decent item for this transmuter till they come up with more items for it.
I've already pointed out that the best part of Drain Essence is the ADCtH and Gravechill guts it so any item designed for Gravechill should return some of that lost ADCtH back for this to work well.
Vitality and Aether are already strong damage types as one has ridiculous ADCtH through devotions and the other one has Devastation so them retaining ADCtH while poor old Cold damage type having it gutted doesn't make much sense imo.
Conversion on Deathbound is good but Ravager's Amulet is still BiS

Quote:
Spellbinder is probably the most versatile class combo because of how much cdr/circuit-breakers and damage absorption (plus cc res) it can muster.

Call me old fashioned but I still prefer Sorcerer over Spellbinder. Maybe I'm too used to Blast Shield

I don't do videos but Kuba is doable (i move around to keep the divided forms off the pools), Aleks is tankable if you can Mirror at his Meteor and lastly Grava straight up murders me for a single mistake.

Quote:

Not exactly an experimental build.
Cold DE is the best one for the animation but it INDEED is the worst one for damage potential
RR is an issue against Cold resistant enemies, fortunately no one too strong is resistant to this damage type.

Sheet DPS below 150-170k DPS for DE builds is very low imo. Especially considering Gravechill is supposed to increase damage by 20% our sheet DPS is very low as non Gravechill builds have 150k-200k sheet DPS

Quote:
Actually I suspect that it's the case for DE and FoI - their DPS seems to be inflated by DoTs.
Pretty sure AAR isn't any different as you have Electrocution in the mix now (or was I high when reading the patch notes)
All lasers now poses some sort of DoT component

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
cold, cold caster, drain essence, necromancer, spellbinder