Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 09-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Campaigner

Oh fluff that O_O

That sounds pretty damn bad, heck it sounds worse than having to deal with full blown, unmedicated depression symptoms.

Anyhow, back on topic - what the fuck was Sony thinking not allowing the PS Classic to download other games? It's not like wi-fi and microSD card support aren't both cheap tech these days and so would allow Sony to make moar money selling old PS1 games.

Then again, Sony's been pretty damn stupid this gen, so their continued stupidity shouldn't come as a surprise.
Old 09-22-2018, 06:21 PM
Champion

No doubt they plan to sell that as an "upgrade" in a few months time. Wouldn't surprise me at all and is actually a working marketing strategy. I hate capitalism sometimes.
Old 09-22-2018, 09:50 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mess View Post
Then again, Sony's been pretty damn stupid this gen, so their continued stupidity shouldn't come as a surprise.
Sony has always been monumentally stupid with their business decisions over the years despite making some amazingly good hardware, the common sense seems always to elude them. It's as if there's 2 companies, one that makes stunning hardware and one that ruins everything possible via business decisions. (I've got Sony wireless headphones from late 90's that still work perfectly and sound as good if not better than today's offerings)

Classic case in point, just as digital music was starting there was the choice of cd or md. Cd was basically write once at release, while the md was completely re-recordable, amazing editing abilities, way more solid and less prone to external damage (personally much better sound quality) higher capacity from the start. So unlike Philips who let anyone use the cd technology royalty free, Sony decided that charging anyone that wanted to use md technology vast amounts in royalties would be a wonderful idea....hmmm

Hence cd's became the industry std while the far, far superior md's ended up dying off due Sony's stupid "head up their arse" business concept.
Old Today, 03:38 AM
Campaigner

Fuck yes! Got the NZ$27.70 refund for the counterfeit microSD card and used it to pay off the new one.

Now I've only got the new pedals eating my budget, but that's only $14.75/fortnight. With only 2 payments remaining.

Replaced the old pedals today too, which involved a lot of hammering, since the old ones were really fucking tightly screwed in. And the way the threads go on pedals is a pain to work out when you're not fully awake as well. But once I got the direction right, fumbling with the adjustable spanner and opposite pedal to brace it and a couple of hefty swings of the hammer soon got the old bastards off.

Test ride resulted in no pain and they're even comfortable to use clip side up for a bit. Though they're not the ones with pins on the flat side, let alone holes for pins, so I guess I'll just have to get them drilled and threaded for some pins then. If I can find some help for doing so, since I don't have a press drill handy :P

Right, now for a cup o' life (aka builders tea) and to try and summon the energy to do a much needed 11Km bike ride. And not nap, for that way lies not getting to sleep until 3am again.

Last edited by The_Mess; Today at 08:44 AM.
Old Today, 08:54 AM
Campaigner

And on the latest subject of Last Week Tonight:

Seriously, fuck Facebook. I've sub'd to the pages of news sites like Vox, Buzzfeed News and Vice and some science stuff, but now they never really appear in my fucking feed. Despite the fucking fact I've liked shit from those places multiple fucking times. Shit, I don't even get the update notifications at times for certain webcomics I follow.

Oh and of course, now the newsfeed stops and tells me I need moar friends. Instead of just loading the next set of stuff. Because that's totes not a stupid annoyance in the fucking slightest.

It's like facebook thinks that they can solve the fake news issue by removing news, when that shit is usually always spread by personal accounts sharting fake shit with their friends. Instead of doing the right thing and hiring people to deal with bullshit and zap it as it starts going viral.

So fuck you facebook, looks like I'm going to have to sign up to twitter and have an account solely for news stuff. May the Elder Gods thus eat Mark Zuckerberg and his fellow cockwombles last.

At least though I'm not being spammed with fucking new-age bullshit groups, again. But I'm sure I'll be nagged to follow them at some future point in time.