Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #111  
Old 09-03-2018, 06:34 AM
Trudel Trudel is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
It'd be functionalish but pretty dated. Definitely could use a bonespike and basciliks mark to improve it.
That was already the case when Cerulean posted the build. He/she intentionally used faction and craftable gear only, to prove you can beat ultimate with it. You will find better gear for some slots without any farming whatsoever just playing the game.
__________________
My wife says I only have two faults: I don't listen and something else.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 AM
malawiglenn malawiglenn is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel View Post
That was already the case when Cerulean posted the build. He/she intentionally used faction and craftable gear only, to prove you can beat ultimate with it. You will find better gear for some slots without any farming whatsoever just playing the game.
yeah, the version in the OP can be seen as the "minimal" build, and is as such still very strong
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old 09-05-2018, 07:36 AM
ShieldGuy ShieldGuy is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
yeah, the version in the OP can be seen as the "minimal" build, and is as such still very strong
Awesome, I basically intend to use this character to farm legendaries which I can then use to create new builds and characters so this sounds perfect.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old 09-05-2018, 07:40 AM
malawiglenn malawiglenn is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldGuy View Post
Awesome, I basically intend to use this character to farm legendaries which I can then use to create new builds and characters so this sounds perfect.
yeah, you should be able to get this version of it pretty quick:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b286v53Z
(my version of the basic build that I used for some time)
Pretty dope build without any legendary item apart from the faction amulet :P
The Bonespike you can use basically any version of it, I was very lucky to get one with Necromancer prefix that gave +1 to Ravenous earth but getting a high level decay suffix is enough, you will get Ravenous Earth to 25/16 then

Last edited by malawiglenn; 09-05-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old 09-06-2018, 11:00 PM
Nightmare Nightmare is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,041
Default

So I've been away for long time, but glad to see that you managed to complete Challenger and get pretty far into Gladiator, and you've even killing super bosses on veteran which is awesome!

As an update on my end the build "is capable" of beating Lokaar, I managed to beat him with it, only took nearly 2 hours to do it though so it's not a build for farming him. It is effective at farming Ultimate Mogdrogen though just not the fastest.
__________________
_"bless your face, if you sneezed while reading this bless you, peace off"_
Listen to my story, it may be my last chance to tell it.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old 09-08-2018, 10:10 PM
B3HEMOTH B3HEMOTH is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 7
Default

a completely new player here just got it on a 75% discount on steam and trying this build out but im already lost how am i supposed to put points into necromancer abilities if i have to start as an occultist? guide said
Level 2: 1 point Necromancer Mastery, 2 points Raise Skeletons
Level 3-6: All points in Raise Skeletons
Level 7: Visit Spirit Guide and unlearn all points in Raise Skeletons, then use these extra points to get 15 Necromancer Mastery, the rest in Ravenous Earth

but i dont even see those skills on my tree help pls
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Trudel Trudel is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 104
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3HEMOTH View Post
a completely new player here just got it on a 75% discount on steam and trying this build out but im already lost how am i supposed to put points into necromancer abilities if i have to start as an occultist? guide said
Level 2: 1 point Necromancer Mastery, 2 points Raise Skeletons
Level 3-6: All points in Raise Skeletons
Level 7: Visit Spirit Guide and unlearn all points in Raise Skeletons, then use these extra points to get 15 Necromancer Mastery, the rest in Ravenous Earth

but i dont even see those skills on my tree help pls
Welcome to the game and forum!

Where does it say, you have to start with occultist? Start with necromancer. At level 2, put one point into the mastery bar and two in Raise Skeletons and you're good to go.
__________________
My wife says I only have two faults: I don't listen and something else.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old 09-10-2018, 07:45 AM
malawiglenn malawiglenn is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3HEMOTH View Post
a completely new player here just got it on a 75% discount on steam and trying this build out but im already lost how am i supposed to put points into necromancer abilities if i have to start as an occultist? guide said
Level 2: 1 point Necromancer Mastery, 2 points Raise Skeletons
Level 3-6: All points in Raise Skeletons
Level 7: Visit Spirit Guide and unlearn all points in Raise Skeletons, then use these extra points to get 15 Necromancer Mastery, the rest in Ravenous Earth

but i dont even see those skills on my tree help pls
I have already replied to you here http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78305
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old 09-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Mrrlyn Mrrlyn is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2
Default Guide

Thx for the builds!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cabalist, leveling, new player

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.