Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 09-03-2018, 06:34 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
It'd be functionalish but pretty dated. Definitely could use a bonespike and basciliks mark to improve it.
That was already the case when Cerulean posted the build. He/she intentionally used faction and craftable gear only, to prove you can beat ultimate with it. You will find better gear for some slots without any farming whatsoever just playing the game.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:16 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trudel View Post
That was already the case when Cerulean posted the build. He/she intentionally used faction and craftable gear only, to prove you can beat ultimate with it. You will find better gear for some slots without any farming whatsoever just playing the game.
yeah, the version in the OP can be seen as the "minimal" build, and is as such still very strong
Old 09-05-2018, 07:36 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
yeah, the version in the OP can be seen as the "minimal" build, and is as such still very strong
Awesome, I basically intend to use this character to farm legendaries which I can then use to create new builds and characters so this sounds perfect.
Old 09-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShieldGuy View Post
Awesome, I basically intend to use this character to farm legendaries which I can then use to create new builds and characters so this sounds perfect.
yeah, you should be able to get this version of it pretty quick:
https://www.grimtools.com/calc/b286v53Z
(my version of the basic build that I used for some time)
Pretty dope build without any legendary item apart from the faction amulet :P
The Bonespike you can use basically any version of it, I was very lucky to get one with Necromancer prefix that gave +1 to Ravenous earth but getting a high level decay suffix is enough, you will get Ravenous Earth to 25/16 then

Last edited by malawiglenn; 09-05-2018 at 07:45 AM.
Old 09-06-2018, 11:00 PM
Herald

So I've been away for long time, but glad to see that you managed to complete Challenger and get pretty far into Gladiator, and you've even killing super bosses on veteran which is awesome!

As an update on my end the build "is capable" of beating Lokaar, I managed to beat him with it, only took nearly 2 hours to do it though so it's not a build for farming him. It is effective at farming Ultimate Mogdrogen though just not the fastest.
Old 09-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Initiate

a completely new player here just got it on a 75% discount on steam and trying this build out but im already lost how am i supposed to put points into necromancer abilities if i have to start as an occultist? guide said
Level 2: 1 point Necromancer Mastery, 2 points Raise Skeletons
Level 3-6: All points in Raise Skeletons
Level 7: Visit Spirit Guide and unlearn all points in Raise Skeletons, then use these extra points to get 15 Necromancer Mastery, the rest in Ravenous Earth

but i dont even see those skills on my tree help pls
Old 09-10-2018, 07:27 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3HEMOTH View Post
a completely new player here just got it on a 75% discount on steam and trying this build out but im already lost how am i supposed to put points into necromancer abilities if i have to start as an occultist? guide said
Level 7: Visit Spirit Guide and unlearn all points in Raise Skeletons, then use these extra points to get 15 Necromancer Mastery, the rest in Ravenous Earth

Welcome to the game and forum!

Where does it say, you have to start with occultist? Start with necromancer. At level 2, put one point into the mastery bar and two in Raise Skeletons and you're good to go.
Old 09-10-2018, 07:45 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by B3HEMOTH View Post

I have already replied to you here http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78305
Old 09-12-2018, 01:27 AM
Initiate

Default Guide

Thx for the builds!

Tags
cabalist, leveling, new player