Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-04-2017, 06:41 PM
Supporter

Default Best Masteries to combine with Necromancer or Inquisitor?

Hi everyone,

Since the Inquisitor and Necromancer's skills are available (see http://www.grimtools.com/calc/), I was wondering what are the best Masteries combinations with those 2 news. I had some ideas but wanted to know if some of you have already made some theorycrafting. From my point of view, the best options are:

With the Inquisitor:
- Demolitionist: seems the best option for a dual wiel pistol build focused on fire (and lightning) damage.
- Shaman: for a melee lightning build it could be OK.

With the Necromancer:
- Nightblade for a melee specialization focused on cold damage. However the Necromancer doesn't have as much cold damage as I hoped so it may be a bit hard.
- Occultist for a full vitality damage build and some pets.
- Shaman for a full pets build.

Do you guys have some good ideas of builds? Especially I want to create a full melee Necromancer with not so much pets, so I thought a combination with Nightblade could be OK, but as explained above I think the Necromancer has not enough cold damage to combine it with the cold damage of the Nightblade.

Waiting for your ideas!
Old 10-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Praetorian

Tactician [Soldier + Inquisitor] is a great support class, especially in coop with his mass AoE heal, damage absorbtions and mitigations. He also has Deadly Aim, which is an absolute monster, combined with Cadence. I can see it as some sort of alternative to your usual Witchblade builds.

Also, how is Shaman a full pet build, but not Occultist too? In fact, for a full pet build Occultist is a better choice, thanks to Bonds. The amount of buffs this build will have is simply out of this world too.

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Champion

Quote:
With the Inquisitor:
- Demolitionist: seems the best option for a dual wiel pistol build focused on fire (and lightning) damage.
- Shaman: for a melee lightning build it could be OK.
Nope, for demo the best build would be burning/electrolute caster purifier. I forsee 320k+ ticks on curent gear. Should be tier 1 crusible clearer too.
Second is SS Infiltrator - absolutely insane flat dmg bonuses with a lot of RR and crit dmg. Can polish it with melee dodge and 4k+DA.
Third is CDR aether mage hunter. Devastation+whathever Should be T1 crusible clearer too =).
Old 10-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Champion

Quote:
With the Necromancer:
- Nightblade for a melee specialization focused on cold damage. However the Necromancer doesn't have as much cold damage as I hoped so it may be a bit hard.
- Occultist for a full vitality damage build and some pets.
- Shaman for a full pets build.
Shaman looks better for vitality caster and Occultist+Necro is, probably, the most broken pet combo in incoming patch.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Praetorian

All of them. No joke
Old 10-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Praetorian

Inquisitor is a crazily synergetic class, might work with any other mastery except maybe Necromancer. For Necromancer Cabalist, Ritualist and Reaper are obviously good while Death Knight's and Defiler's synergy looks very poor to me.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Inquisitor is a crazily synergetic class, might work with any other mastery except maybe Necromancer. For Necromancer Cabalist, Ritualist and Reaper are obviously good while Death Knight's and Defiler's synergy looks very poor to me.
Strange,Aether-focused Apostate on papper looks quite strong =). Lots of RR, sick amount of OA , solid crit dmg, Warder-worth lifepool.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Are there more ways to convert physical to vitality damage? There are so few weapons that do that. Like, three or something as far as I remember.

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Old 10-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Strange,Aether-focused Apostate on papper looks quite strong =). Lots of RR, sick amount of OA , solid crit dmg, Warder-worth lifepool.
That's what Superfluff had been telling me as well. I wasn't claiming that Apostate is bad, it's just the only Inquisitor class I haven't looked into at all
Old 10-04-2017, 07:39 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
Tactician [Soldier + Inquisitor] is a great support class, especially in coop with his mass AoE heal, damage absorbtions and mitigations. He also has Deadly Aim, which is an absolute monster, combined with Cadence. I can see it as some sort of alternative to your usual Witchblade builds.

Also, how is Shaman a full pet build, but not Occultist too? In fact, for a full pet build Occultist is a better choice, thanks to Bonds. The amount of buffs this build will have is simply out of this world too.
Yeah Soldier+Inquisitor would be unkillable, and I never tried a Cadence build is it fun to play?
And for Occultist you're right that could be an OP pet build as well!

Quote:
Nope, for demo the best build would be burning/electrolute caster purifier. I forsee 320k+ ticks on curent gear. Should be tier 1 crusible clearer too.
Second is SS Infiltrator - absolutely insane flat dmg bonuses with a lot of RR and crit dmg. Can polish it with melee dodge and 4k+DA.
Third is CDR aether mage hunter. Devastation+whathever Should be T1 crusible clearer too =).
You don't think that dual wield pistol could be good as well for the purifier? I saw it in the trailer it seems pretty fun to play as well

Quote:
Shaman looks better for vitality caster and Occultist+Necro is, probably, the most broken pet combo in incoming patch.
You don't think about a 2H shaman+necro with the 2H skill of the necro? I don't know if it would work but could be an original one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
All of them. No joke
Aha but I can't try every combination, it would take too much time to level it to 100

Quote:
Yeah Reaper seems pretty cool

Quote:
Ah does the Inquisitor have ways to improve aether damage?

Tags
expansion, inquisitor, necromancer