Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-04-2017, 06:41 PM
InSaNe01 InSaNe01 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 100
Default Best Masteries to combine with Necromancer or Inquisitor?

Hi everyone,

Since the Inquisitor and Necromancer's skills are available (see http://www.grimtools.com/calc/), I was wondering what are the best Masteries combinations with those 2 news. I had some ideas but wanted to know if some of you have already made some theorycrafting. From my point of view, the best options are:

With the Inquisitor:
- Demolitionist: seems the best option for a dual wiel pistol build focused on fire (and lightning) damage.
- Shaman: for a melee lightning build it could be OK.

With the Necromancer:
- Nightblade for a melee specialization focused on cold damage. However the Necromancer doesn't have as much cold damage as I hoped so it may be a bit hard.
- Occultist for a full vitality damage build and some pets.
- Shaman for a full pets build.

Do you guys have some good ideas of builds? Especially I want to create a full melee Necromancer with not so much pets, so I thought a combination with Nightblade could be OK, but as explained above I think the Necromancer has not enough cold damage to combine it with the cold damage of the Nightblade.

Waiting for your ideas!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,326
Default

Tactician [Soldier + Inquisitor] is a great support class, especially in coop with his mass AoE heal, damage absorbtions and mitigations. He also has Deadly Aim, which is an absolute monster, combined with Cadence. I can see it as some sort of alternative to your usual Witchblade builds.

Also, how is Shaman a full pet build, but not Occultist too? In fact, for a full pet build Occultist is a better choice, thanks to Bonds. The amount of buffs this build will have is simply out of this world too.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:06 PM
Ptirodaktill's Avatar
Ptirodaktill Ptirodaktill is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
With the Inquisitor:
- Demolitionist: seems the best option for a dual wiel pistol build focused on fire (and lightning) damage.
- Shaman: for a melee lightning build it could be OK.
Nope, for demo the best build would be burning/electrolute caster purifier. I forsee 320k+ ticks on curent gear. Should be tier 1 crusible clearer too.
Second is SS Infiltrator - absolutely insane flat dmg bonuses with a lot of RR and crit dmg. Can polish it with melee dodge and 4k+DA.
Third is CDR aether mage hunter. Devastation+whathever Should be T1 crusible clearer too =).
__________________
#TeamDoubleDemo
#HowDoIRei:frog:
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:08 PM
Ptirodaktill's Avatar
Ptirodaktill Ptirodaktill is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
With the Necromancer:
- Nightblade for a melee specialization focused on cold damage. However the Necromancer doesn't have as much cold damage as I hoped so it may be a bit hard.
- Occultist for a full vitality damage build and some pets.
- Shaman for a full pets build.
Shaman looks better for vitality caster and Occultist+Necro is, probably, the most broken pet combo in incoming patch.
__________________
#TeamDoubleDemo
#HowDoIRei:frog:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:10 PM
Superfluff's Avatar
Superfluff Superfluff is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 6,146
Default

All of them. No joke
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:27 PM
Stupid Dragon's Avatar
Stupid Dragon Stupid Dragon is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,819
Default

Inquisitor is a crazily synergetic class, might work with any other mastery except maybe Necromancer. For Necromancer Cabalist, Ritualist and Reaper are obviously good while Death Knight's and Defiler's synergy looks very poor to me.
__________________
Howdy! Ulgrim, are you there? It's me, your best friend!
It's longer than you think, Creed! Longer that you think!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:31 PM
Ptirodaktill's Avatar
Ptirodaktill Ptirodaktill is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 2,305
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Inquisitor is a crazily synergetic class, might work with any other mastery except maybe Necromancer. For Necromancer Cabalist, Ritualist and Reaper are obviously good while Death Knight's and Defiler's synergy looks very poor to me.
Strange,Aether-focused Apostate on papper looks quite strong =). Lots of RR, sick amount of OA , solid crit dmg, Warder-worth lifepool.
__________________
#TeamDoubleDemo
#HowDoIRei:frog:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:34 PM
Autentist's Avatar
Autentist Autentist is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 1,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Inquisitor is a crazily synergetic class, might work with any other mastery except maybe Necromancer. For Necromancer Cabalist, Ritualist and Reaper are obviously good while Death Knight's and Defiler's synergy looks very poor to me.
Are there more ways to convert physical to vitality damage? There are so few weapons that do that. Like, three or something as far as I remember.
__________________
A Taste of Things to come soon...

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Stupid Dragon's Avatar
Stupid Dragon Stupid Dragon is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 2,819
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Strange,Aether-focused Apostate on papper looks quite strong =). Lots of RR, sick amount of OA , solid crit dmg, Warder-worth lifepool.
That's what Superfluff had been telling me as well. I wasn't claiming that Apostate is bad, it's just the only Inquisitor class I haven't looked into at all
__________________
Howdy! Ulgrim, are you there? It's me, your best friend!
It's longer than you think, Creed! Longer that you think!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-04-2017, 07:39 PM
InSaNe01 InSaNe01 is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autentist View Post
Tactician [Soldier + Inquisitor] is a great support class, especially in coop with his mass AoE heal, damage absorbtions and mitigations. He also has Deadly Aim, which is an absolute monster, combined with Cadence. I can see it as some sort of alternative to your usual Witchblade builds.

Also, how is Shaman a full pet build, but not Occultist too? In fact, for a full pet build Occultist is a better choice, thanks to Bonds. The amount of buffs this build will have is simply out of this world too.
Yeah Soldier+Inquisitor would be unkillable, and I never tried a Cadence build is it fun to play?
And for Occultist you're right that could be an OP pet build as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Nope, for demo the best build would be burning/electrolute caster purifier. I forsee 320k+ ticks on curent gear. Should be tier 1 crusible clearer too.
Second is SS Infiltrator - absolutely insane flat dmg bonuses with a lot of RR and crit dmg. Can polish it with melee dodge and 4k+DA.
Third is CDR aether mage hunter. Devastation+whathever Should be T1 crusible clearer too =).
You don't think that dual wield pistol could be good as well for the purifier? I saw it in the trailer it seems pretty fun to play as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Shaman looks better for vitality caster and Occultist+Necro is, probably, the most broken pet combo in incoming patch.
You don't think about a 2H shaman+necro with the 2H skill of the necro? I don't know if it would work but could be an original one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
All of them. No joke
Aha but I can't try every combination, it would take too much time to level it to 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
Inquisitor is a crazily synergetic class, might work with any other mastery except maybe Necromancer. For Necromancer Cabalist, Ritualist and Reaper are obviously good while Death Knight's and Defiler's synergy looks very poor to me.
Yeah Reaper seems pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
Strange,Aether-focused Apostate on papper looks quite strong =). Lots of RR, sick amount of OA , solid crit dmg, Warder-worth lifepool.
Ah does the Inquisitor have ways to improve aether damage?
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
expansion, inquisitor, necromancer

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.