Old 08-30-2018, 09:55 AM
Campaigner

Default Difference between summoned Skeletons?

I could not find any thread or info about this, so I am asking here...
The Raise Skeletons skill summons 4 kinds of skellies - as per the skill description, "the higher the skill the likely more powerful types" are summoned. My question is, are they indeed more powerful, and what type of damage they do?
I know "officially" they do Physical+Vitality damage, but I wonder whether that is only true about the basic, sword-wielding unarmored skeletons. Graphically, the mage skeletons use either a fire nova (shooting fire bolts around them) or fire version of Trozan's Sky Shard. And the Revenants have a damaging (vitality?) aura, plus can shoot what looks like the Chaos Bolt skill. So do these also just do physical/vitality damage? Or other types?
I am interested as sadly, there is no weapon/off-hand augment that would give a vitality aura to pets, so for now I am using one of fire and acid/poison to help my Hellhound and Blight Beast.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:40 AM
Counsel

Go to Grimtools, put a point in Raise Skeletons, and as you're hovering over the Raise Skeletons skill, press the Tab button (along with the option on the left side of Grimtools that says to give all information about pets). It provides you with information about each skeleton, including their spawn weight and auxiliary attacks like the Mages' Fire Shards.

As for Vitality Auras, Deathchill provides a Cold + Vitality aura as you're leveling, and the chest armor Mythical Azragor provides a nice Vitality aura as well.
NOTE: All builds that I post are directly created with GDStash (all valid prefix/suffix combos) for the purpose of testing and demonstrating what is possible. I used to have a legit character used for trading before the expansion, but I have not used him since AoM was released.

Open to any PMs from those interested in playing pet builds.

Currently playing: Grimarillion (first legit, then TAS)
Old 08-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepowerofmediocrity View Post
Go to Grimtools, put a point in Raise Skeletons, and as you're hovering over the Raise Skeletons skill, press the Tab button (along with the option on the left side of Grimtools that says to give all information about pets). It provides you with information about each skeleton, including their spawn weight and auxiliary attacks like the Mages' Fire Shards.

As for Vitality Auras, Deathchill provides a Cold + Vitality aura as you're leveling, and the chest armor Mythical Azragor provides a nice Vitality aura as well.
Thanks, I knew about the pet options setting but never knew pressing TAB does this!
So this means the mages indeed doo fire/burn damage, and the archers piercing, but the revenants missiles are vitality damage. And all of them do % weapon damage, aka physical+vitality.

Last edited by BB_Shockwave; 08-30-2018 at 01:05 PM.

Tags
necromancer, raise_skeletons, revenant