Old 02-23-2016, 10:09 PM
Supporter

Default Balanced Game?

Hi Guys,

1) One-Handed ranged commando is no match for one-handed blunt commando, its not well balanced
2) Mogdrogen killed me in one hit on hardcore normal difficulty, my build had all resiste 80%+, Menhir's Will, Guardian's Will, some auras, lvl 75 HP 9600+. Considering this a joke.

Please balance it, thanks...

P.S: Stoped to play by now, I think 2 and half a year are good enough Its funny I stop with full release date though....still 20 times better than D3!! Measured by played time.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:03 PM
Supporter

Are You going to fix the Mogrogen's issue? Thanks.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:12 PM
Counsel

To be fair, they over-buffed so many enemies and grossly nerfed so many builds that he's the least of the game's concerns. I was fine on elite 2 days ago, and now I question veteran survival chances with a warder without like 75% resists across the board. That's just not fun. I feel like the main goal of the game now is to build superhuman resistances instead of having fun with cool gear and components. I can see that for ultimate, but not the mid-range difficulty.

Last edited by lokiju; 02-24-2016 at 06:19 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:25 PM
Speaker

Mogdrogen is supposed to be that hard across the board.

Lore-wise, he is a god. Mechanics/Stat-wise, he is a god.

That said, pre-B30, he was just a pushover and the devs obviously didn't envision a god to be "Just a pushover". Alot of builds can kill him, provided with the appropriate spec.

Now in B30/B31, you shouldn't even attempt Mogdrogen without 90+% resist in Lightning and without any good sustains. He WILL reduce your lightning resist, he WILL absorb most of your damage at ~10% HP (I don't know how much by B31 though), and he WILL nuke you since the lower his HP, the higher his damage.

I had 25% Absorb, 90% lightning res, and, guess what, he nuked 11k HP to 900 HP in one go in Normal. I'm fine with that.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:26 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lokiju View Post
To be fair, they over-buffed so many enemies and grossly nerfed so many builds that he's the least of the game's concerns. I was fine on elite 2 days ago, and now I question veteran survival chances with a warder without like 75% resists across the board. That's just not fun. I feel like the main goal of the game now is to build superhuman resistances instead of having fun with cool gear and components. I can see that for ultimate, but not the mid-range difficulty.
What kind of build, man? My vitality/bleed, sword and board warder is cruising through Elite and my resists are pretty bad—nothing above 25 except vitality. (I mean prior to the hot fix, I do have several legendaries that work fairly well for the build, though, which probably helps a great deal). I don't even use wendigo on most mob groups because most everything is dying to swarm & vines.
Old 02-24-2016, 06:29 PM
Counsel

Im pretty sure you are not suposed to face avatar of mogdrogen unless you are able to clear ultimate wihout problem. He always spawn as a LVL 75 uberboss dont matter the difficulty

Enviado de meu XT1033 usando Tapatalk
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7  
Old 02-24-2016, 06:35 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Mogdrogen is a god and you should expect to die if you're foolhardy enough to challenge him... unless you have a godly character and the skills to match.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:19 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
What kind of build, man? My vitality/bleed, sword and board warder is cruising through Elite and my resists are pretty bad—nothing above 25 except vitality. (I mean prior to the hot fix, I do have several legendaries that work fairly well for the build, though, which probably helps a great deal). I don't even use wendigo on most mob groups because most everything is dying to swarm & vines.
I was wrecking act 1 elite with a 2H Primal Strike build and 35% poison resist was fine. Now 2 days later I almost die instantly with normal mob groups in the same area. Upsetting.

Last edited by lokiju; 02-24-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 06:47 PM
Supporter

It's not about what build. Simply: 80%+ all resistances, 10k health, multiple auras. Instant Kill. So did he at least 50k hit? Like really? Bastion of Chaos - not problem on Elite. I was DOWNGRADING from Elite to Normal non-veteran - so on Elite he will do what dmg, like 400k? Guys sorry but this is nonsense....trap and kill, OK. No resists, OK. No 10k life, OK. Spawning the party and kill? OK. Otherwise, instant kill its nonsense. What is the purpose having a Mogdrogen on all 3 diffs if he will do 1M instant kill on ultimate? I at least could run away with my much weaker ranged commando than this killing machine died in a second....oh sorry, in a 0,1 second...

Tags
difficulty, npcs