Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-25-2014, 08:25 AM
Initiate

Greetings to all!
Recently I have got a steam version of “Grim down” and I like it!
I want to say that a crafting system is a very important thing for ARPG. IMHO you need more and more components and recipes. Try to shock people after D2 Zy-el mod and MedianXL mod. D3 flow out because there are NO crafting. Don’t suppose it.
D3 for casuals, GD forever.
Respecting your work Ragnar771.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:24 AM
Initiate

Default Sweet future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Blueprints in Grim Dawn will come in the form of loot, and sometimes quest rewards. These recipes will not be used up in crafting. Instead, by right-clicking a Blueprint that drops for you, you will permanently learn it and add it to your collection within the Crafting UI. Any subsequent copies of the same recipe that drop can be sold or traded with other players.
Think this is awesome, and similar to some other games. Great choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
You do not have to worry about transferring recipes to your other characters as any recipe you learn is automatically unlocked across all characters you create.
While I see the appeal of this, (and clearly understand that it is a trend of all games that is here to stay,) I agree that this disrupts "self found" quite a bit. One person's response of "just don't click it." was not a valid solution.

I personally like to play where each character I own is truly at the whim of the Lord of Random. If my barb finds 5 super scrolls but my wiz doesn't then to bad for my wiz. Now, shared stashes are the industry norm and yea, sure, it is great if my wiz finds some uber-armor that he can hand it to my barb. Personally though, I wish my barb would have to pay my wiz for it.

It sounds like: My lvl 40 barb finds the prints for +20 vorpal chopsticks, and as he found it he clicks it... and poof my lvl 15 wiz and my lvl 5 neuromancer can now make vorpal chopsticks as well.
*sigh*
none of my characters even know that the others exist.
*weakened suspension of disbelief*

But, I can see the writing on the wall. Just wanted to stand.
Old 02-01-2014, 02:53 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NolanVoid View Post
*sigh*
none of my characters even know that the others exist.
*weakened suspension of disbelief*
Maybe in your world. In mine we're all one big happy clan. This is why we can trade among each other. Our shared stash is our Armory.

I get what you're saying though. If it's not a feature in game to enable/disable this, I'm sure there will be a way to mod around it after the game's release.

Tags
components, crafting, grim misadventure, npcs, quests, sets, world