Old 01-11-2017, 02:36 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Well, as it currently stands I believe Bull Rush does 15% WDPS, PLUS physical damage, PLUS IT damage.

Define "incredibly tiny". Like, what kind of numbers are you getting from a Bull Rush proc?
like 1800 average on screen.
Mordos - 85 Chaos Conjurer - Sigil tank pwnage
Mauth - 85 1h Warder - Immortal
Khurr - 85 Chaos Witchblade - Terror Tank
Ong - 3 years old! 85 Sorc finally awesome
Old 01-11-2017, 06:40 AM
Acolyte

Dying god is the worst in all constellation skills.
Regrettably, it seems that developers did not learn from previous mistakes that sacrificing survival is the worst idea.

Last edited by xOMOCHIx; 01-11-2017 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:15 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xOMOCHIx View Post
Dying god is the worst in all constellation skills.
Regrettably, it seems that developers did not learn from previous mistakes that sacrificing survival is the worst idea.
Dying God isn't half bad. Plenty of masteries have skills and abilities that add hp regen - Overguard, Veterancy, Menhir's Bulwark, Pneumatic Burst, Blood of Dreeg, Vindictive Flame etc.. For any build, the crit damage and total speed bonuses are pretty good and with some CDR, you can have them almost up 100% of the time as i believe the cooldown starts as soon as it procs.

I haven't seen anyone mention Affliction, i don't know if it's good or bad but it's underused/ignored. I only realised recently that it's granted ability is an aura instead of a chance on attack or anything like it .
Old 01-11-2017, 07:27 PM
Praetorian

If you can stack up high aumonts of regen (which is not really difficult), Hungering Void is actually pretty solid. Just the Total Speed and Crit damage makes it worth and it's even better if you are focusing on either Chaos or Vitality or both. Plus the nodes to get there are pretty great.

I'll still stand by my opinion that Spear of the Heavens proc is terrible. Doing a 15k Crit, because if it doesn't it deals terrible damage, is not something i expect out of a T3 skill. It's even worse when it procs on a faraway trash mob (like a ranged Groble) and against Nemesis and Mad Queen the damage is hardly noticeable. The nodes to get to the proc are actually pretty good though.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:30 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
I'll still stand by my opinion that Spear of the Heavens proc is terrible. Doing a 15k Crit, because if it doesn't it deals terrible damage, is not something i expect out of a T3 skill. It's even worse when it procs on a faraway trash mob (like a ranged Groble) and against Nemesis and Mad Queen the damage is hardly noticeable. The nodes to get to the proc are actually pretty good though.
Why do people hate that? Its procs go off like clockwork. Seems pretty useful to me.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
A Mod that allows players to use any item's proc regardless of their build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Reign of Terror Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 01-11-2017, 10:44 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stupid Dragon View Post
It really feels like Mogdrogen and Blind Sage had switched their requirements, since any build going Mogrogen can afford 18 green, while too much purple would be a waste, but yet Mogdrogen is 12 green 15 purple.
This is a great idea.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Tempest is the only tier-2 devotion i like and even with i take issue with it only effective one target.
At 15/15 it is effective against up to 3 targets, which nicely complements Savagery's great single target ability but poor AoE.
Old 01-11-2017, 10:46 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dioarchet View Post
At 15/15 it is effective against up to 3 targets, which nicely complements Savagery's great single target ability but poor AoE.
Oh, i stopped paying attention to it. I like the skill and the limited targets was my only complaint. Thanks for pointing it out.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
A Mod that allows players to use any item's proc regardless of their build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Reign of Terror Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 01-11-2017, 10:56 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Why do people hate that? Its procs go off like clockwork. Seems pretty useful to me.
Because the damage is too small to be even noticeable. It's worse on Ultimate because a big chunk of enemies just laugh it off due to most of them have much more health than 15k. Not to mention the terrible AOE.

It's even worse when compared to Whirlpool and Tainted Eruption, two T3 devotion procs that are far better. Heck, it's worse than some T2 Devotion procs. And the really bad part is the high aumont aumont of devotion points needed to unlock it.

Last edited by Norzan; 01-11-2017 at 10:59 PM.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:14 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Because the damage is too small to be even noticeable. It's worse on Ultimate because a big chunk of enemies just laugh it off due to most of them have much more health than 15k. Not to mention the terrible AOE.

It's even worse when compared to Whirlpool and Tainted Eruption, two T3 devotion procs that are far better. Heck, it's worse than some T2 Devotion procs. And the really bad part is the high aumont aumont of devotion points needed to unlock it.
Actually the really really bad part is that it requires getting hit to activate; if the character uses dodge/deflect/fumble/impaired aim a lot it's even more useless.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:38 PM
Counsel

Quote:
It's even worse when compared to Whirlpool and Tainted Eruption, two T3 devotion procs that are far better. Heck, it's worse than some T2 Devotion procs.
Agree

Here is my list of worst devotion and way to improve it:

1) Crab.

It's look like crab are crawled in wrong place in night sky. Strange bonuses (trauma & elemental damage), almost useless prok.

Posible improvements

Change bonuses to physical, (+ maybe cold ?), trauma and resistance to elemental damage. Change prock to "crab shell" ("in the moment of danger your skin has become more like to crab carapace", + armor absorbation, + DA, + flat armor, maybe + % to retaliation damage)

2) Bysmiel's bound (BB in short)

Don't get me wrong, stars in BB are nice and good suited for any pet buld, but prock is awful. Heck, even a shepherd's crook prock look much useful then this small grean hound from BB.

Posible improvements

Change prock to "loosen the collar" ("unleashing the dormant fury of your pets", X triggering chance then hit in melee, X % taunt target, + % to all damage to pets).

3)Revenant

Stars are not good but suited, it can be more useful but now i wish to talk about prock, "raise the dead". If we look on description of this skeletons we can see that this pet shared all bonuses from pet, and it get us to idea that this devotion are made to pet build, right? Nah, this prock work only on enemy death that's immediately make them useless in any boss fights and useless for any self-respecting pet build (except some exotic pet build there summoner can kill enemy by himself). Even if a miracle happens and you call these skeletons then you very quickly disappointed in them - they do not cause any decent damage and will fit only to not let the enemy to your own body.

Posible improvements

Change bonuses from pet damage to player damage, change triggering conditions from enemy death to chanse on attack (on hit in melee, also posible). Change this 3 useles skeleton to proggresive scale (1 common skeleton at low lewel progression, 1 skeleton knight on middle and 1 elemental skeleton knight in the end levels of progression).