Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Gameplay Discussion

Old 11-21-2017, 09:41 PM
Supporter

Default Same Legendaries Dropping Over and Over

I find this part of the game very frustrating. I have a lot of hours into it now and I see the same leg drops repeatedly. How many Butcher of Burrwitches do I need? (just one example of many) and yet the drop rate on set items is abysmal. There are many sets that I have yet to see even one piece of. It's really starting to kill the buzz when I see purple. I had hoped the expansion might see some change in this but no....now I get Mythical Butcher of Burrwitches.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:46 PM
Acolyte

Same item, but with different numbers. Game can drop you "Butcher" with good stats or with bad stats.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:10 PM
Herald

there are "common" legendaries (of which you will collect dozens) and rare legendaries. imo the rare ones are a bit TOO rare.

jewelry for example- i find 20 legendary weapons for every one item of jewelry. since jewelry goes in 4 slots on your character page i think they should increase the drop rate.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:27 PM
Supporter

Only one Butcher of Burrwitch dropped for me so far. But for example I have 5 Warborn Gavels and 1 Warborn shoulder, and no other pieces of the set. Or 4 Spellscourge Bulwark, 1 shoulder, and thats it, no visor recipe either. I think it is also related to the character somewhat, and it could be a bug(?), because when I farm with a different char, slightly different items drop for them. I hope the devs read this and tell us how the RNG works in this regard, because it is really annoying, I agree with that. But today actually I got very lucky, because 2 much needed items dropped finally after a few weeks of farming. (Mythical Chausses of Barbaross and Mythical Colossal Grasp.) And maybe someone has dozens of these, and no Spellscourge Bulwark, so I don't think mythical legendary items have a "rarity", I think characters or accounts are kinda bound to some drops which doesn't make any sense in any way so it could be a bug or something. And one more thing, the secret blacksmith probably generates the items fully randomly, but the drops aren't generated fully randomly. Oh, and that's the case with mythical epic items as well, some sets I have dozens of (Silver sentinel and Corruptor), some sets are barely completed or have missing pieces (Desecrator set for example).

So the best you can do is to salvage all unneeded epic and legendary items and exchange the rare components at the secret blacksmith.

Last edited by Pappaboy; 11-21-2017 at 11:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:16 AM
Herald

Going through what I've moved to GD Stash, I have several copies of the same legendaries. So many that I've stopped picking up a few of them because they still drop so frequently (looking at you Meatshield).

Honestly, before the update (haven't played much since the update) I didn't really care when I saw purple hit the ground because I figured it was yet another useless piece that I already had 5 copies of.
Old 11-22-2017, 12:53 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
Going through what I've moved to GD Stash, I have several copies of the same legendaries. So many that I've stopped picking up a few of them because they still drop so frequently (looking at you Meatshield).

Honestly, before the update (haven't played much since the update) I didn't really care when I saw purple hit the ground because I figured it was yet another useless piece that I already had 5 copies of.
and that's not how you should feel IMHO
Old 11-22-2017, 01:52 AM
Supporter

Blow them up at the inventor, they give quite a lot of rare materials. Now they can yield AoM rare materials.

Last edited by Pappaboy; 11-22-2017 at 01:55 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:16 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappaboy View Post
Blow them up at the inventor, they give quite a lot of rare materials. Now they can yield AoM rare materials.
I have yet to see evidence of this. Unless something has changed with the latest patch all I get is scrap.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:29 AM
Supporter

It is in the 1.3.1 patch notes. You get scrap every time, and you get some components, and sometimes those are rare materials, that's all. It is random, but for epics, you get one rare material in about 6 or 7 of the cases in my experiences. Probably half of those are AoM materials. I don't know the numbers for legendaries, I haven't salvaged any so far, but it is probably the same or a bit more. But as far as I know, this depends on your level as well, the higher level you are, the more rare material you get. I can't show you any evidence, but you can trust me. I pick up all epics and salvage them. You can craft dinamites at the Malmouth and Black Legion Blacksmith.

Last edited by Pappaboy; 11-22-2017 at 03:31 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 03:35 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
I have yet to see evidence of this. Unless something has changed with the latest patch all I get is scrap.
Gonna confirm Missive, Wendigo Spirit, Mutagen (and a good % actually) also Skeleton seems to have been upped with the patch.