Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-20-2017, 07:12 PM
Counsel

Default Expansion is Bull *&^%

Seeing how life in general is really pissing me off, I figured I'd rant about the non important things in life and that is video games.

Video games are supposed to be a fun escape from reality but this expansion has ruined the game for me. There is too much horse shit moments that make me not want to bother with other characters that haven't reached the new acts.

I complained before about reflect damage is utter bs. Harkin the days of chaos sanctuary in diablo 2 and the iron maiden mages that would insta kill melee fighters. So what did Bliz north due... removed it!! good on them. Now others out there claim that they do 100k damage and reflect isn't an issue? I call bs on that. For my character in question I use the full warborn set (copy and paste build from the internet) doesn't matter if I have lifegiver signet on or not if I'm fighting a reflect hero and suddenly he pops his shit, I'm dead in an instant. 10.5k life, 54k damage when full on attack mode ( about 21k when not fighting) all resist max, level 100. This is beyond annoying please introduce a new character called the horse shit over powered monster reflect damage class. Why is it games do not get this thorns thing right, monsters are WAY to OP when it comes to this skill. Yet a player could reflect a monster one hit wonder of 100k damage and it never insta kills them. Fix it.

That out of the way the new areas are so far beyond OP it's not fun. Take character above who face rolls everything prior to expansion place him in new areas and suddenly he sucks?? Not just him another copy paste build I have from "wolfoverclockedgames" plagemancer who while is still by far better than my warborn guy, gets swarmed and dies all to often. This by itself does not have me wanting to continue with a level 63 necro/shaman build cause I know come ultimate expansion areas, his damage will be crap and minions won't stand a chance.

Any now what set me off, GRAVA!!!!! who the fuck is this guy? nemesis boss from hell and unbeatable. granted I could never touch ultimate mogdrogen with my two mentioned builds and I was fine with that cause you have to choose that battle, one it which I don't bother with anymore. but the nemesis guy yeah you can avoid him altogether and really that's the only option cause he is such bull shit. My melee guy can't touch him cause insta kill one shot mode (again waiting for new hero class that has this skill) and my kiter can't kite him cause he is on my ass faster than Usain Bolt. Turn try to Dreeg's evil eye.... boom dead run from him boom he is humping my ass and dead. And again I look at my upcoming necro build and know it doesn't stand a chance against shit like this.

The other BS nemesis is the beast guy who replicates. while he is killable it's not fun and is a matter of lots of hit hit hit die..... hit hit hit die.... till you win. Also not fun.

So bottom line the expansion took what was really good character and made them poo, has too many are you f'ing kidding me moments that I don't even want to bother with new classes cause they don't stand a chance.

Now for those who say it's not that bad please for the love of god link a cheesy cookie cutter build that can tank everything, EVERYTHING, they game has to offer and only if you have done so in hardcore or it doesn't work. I want attribute points set up, items, augments, components, skills, devotion the whole 9 yards for a copy paste build to farm with and can take on ultimate everything with no issue and gladiator crucible solo no issues.

Don't say that isn't fun cause it is and has been for decades. Smiter in uber trist, hammerdin's everyone plays them cause they are gods and are fun. Grim Dawn is losing me with xpac.

grrr rant over sorry but feel a tad better
Old 11-20-2017, 07:36 PM
Apostle

Default Comment About Expansion is Bull *&^%

<half_hearted_rant_silliness>
Your post would've better fit under Rants forum, if it really is a rant. Another option would have been the Ideas and Feedback.
</half_hearted_rant_silliness>

Glad you feel better.

#forGoodMeasure
Old 11-20-2017, 07:46 PM
Campaigner

I actually enjoyed reading this, and feel he makes a number of great points.

It's ok to be aggravated, and even show it in your posts to an extent, as long as you lay out your reasons and be respectful. Which I feel OP was.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4  
Old 11-20-2017, 07:58 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Ya, that Grava guy... total asshole.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:03 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grava View Post
Ya, that Grava guy... total asshole.
Well you shouldn't nullify people who aren't interested in you. It's bad for relationships

@OP

Cheese builds can tank this content, you'll have to take my word for it since I won't bother linking anything as it's obvious you didn't bother searching for such a build
Non Cheese build can clear the content as well
Damage spike is an issue when going into Act V but it's not hard to get used to
Reflect damage outside a DoT build has yet to kill me

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod

Last edited by Chthon; 11-20-2017 at 08:07 PM.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:24 PM
Acolyte

It's true, the expansion is overtuned compared to the original content. Especially the enemy density is staggering, plus many high health mobs and almost everything dies into some damaging cloud.
It's all doable of course, but it slowly saps the build diversity out of the game if there are builds that can't do it or if you have to use a mythical set (that pre-determines your skills to an extend) to attempt the last areas.
I'm actually a bit afraid of how difficult the new dungeon will be, I almost never do valbury because it is no fun compared to the earlier ones, but this new one will be built on top of the expansion content and probably be balanced around the top min-maxed characters some people have. And crucible after wave 150 will probably be something I'll never see with my own eyes.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:32 PM
Initiate

Old 11-20-2017, 08:49 PM
Campaigner

If you are dying with a soldier based build then shame on you, really. I have completed Ultimate Ashes of Malmouth with my melee 2H-Druid with 0 mythical gear and died once due to playing sloppy.

I almost completed it for a second time with my old Gunslinger sorceress who had like 8k life and 0 mythical items.

If you are copy pasting cookie-cutter builds from the internet, stacking a metric tonn of the strongest type of damage at some point you have to take note of reflect mobs and balance your build so you don't kill yourself versus most ordinary monsters/heroes. Did you invest in physical resistance? Did you invest in reflected damage reduction devotions? Did you try and craft a Titan Plating? Ok, you don't have Titan Plating recepie, how about spending 20 seconds and finding out that actually there is an Augment that helps with reflected damage reduction? Oh wait, here is another one.

This is a counter-rant, it's so annoying seeing all those crappy complaints from players who don't even bother trying just a little bit harder. This is not some kind of Starcraft/DOTA/Counter-Strike type of game, very little skill is involved in actually playing Grim Dawn. All you have to do is to spend little bit extra time and just balance your build a little bit in GrimTools or just google the solution or compare your setup to setups from build guides. Or you can even post a thread in another section of this forum and just ask for help.
Old 11-20-2017, 08:50 PM
Initiate

I wont touch the rant, but adding physical damage to War Cry making it reflect on you including all kind of procs that seem to go off onto urself along with it really killed the warborn set. To me it looks like they were lacking "time" "ideas" what to do with the old sets like warborn and in warborn's case really broke it.
Its like removing the 100 % taunt proc of 5 set beastcallers and adding "increased threat" to the talisman, when Ive never seen a pet take aggro off a single curse of frailty.
@OP there are other more enjoyable ways to release steam !
Old 11-20-2017, 08:54 PM
Acolyte

it was a great read