Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 11-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
Why make the centerpiece of the 5 set an increase in AoE power? Spammable eye build will need a boss killing boost far more than better trash clear.
I think they wanted to make it synergize with Conduit of Eldritch Whispers for Vitality DEE Or maybe with Blood Orb for Vitality DEE/Vitality Decay DEE. Anyways the set doing a complete 180 isn't something I appreciate. Base set supports Focused Gaze casters nicely and now suddenly the mythical version is supporting spam DEE and is actually weaker than the base set for Focused Gaze build

I still stand by what I said. I am all for build diversity but shoehorning mismatched bonuses/skill mods to encourage it isn't a healthy way to do so. If they want spam DEE builds to shine then do so with other Dreeg Related items and make Deception of Dreeg a Focused Gaze set

The main problem is pretty much every Mythical Set feels like an upgrade then we see this one and the first thought that comes to mind is "Well, fuck.."
It doesn't make any sense that no other Mythical Set is doing this but Dreeg Set is. Does Ultos suddenly shift focus from Lightning to Electrocution? Nope. Did Ulzuin suddenly become a Static Strike/Lightning based set? Nope. They all are basically stronger variants of their base versions and support their respective builds nicely. Dreeg isn't exactly doing that, Dreeg builds only work because of how good the skill and the damage type is the set deserves no credit for it

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 11-22-2017, 03:32 AM
Advocate

Man I just finished swapping all my gear to AoM item including the Set without even thinking about the fact that they did remove the Eyes.

I also changed Devotions, added nearly 20 points in skill (level 100 didn't use much of the XPac point) to make it more effective. It was feeling stronger but the gap between "before and after" didn't feel as intense as moving 10 Devotions points and adding 20 Skills point + going from level 65-75 item to level 94 item should have actually felt...

I now understand I lost those Eyes in the process.

The removing of the Procs on bunch of item is really starting to piss me off in some case LD Gauntlet just losing the Chain Lightning will make it that most build will never upgrade from Regular to Mythical which make absolutely no sense...It suck