Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 11-21-2017, 09:24 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfeta View Post
Why make the centerpiece of the 5 set an increase in AoE power? Spammable eye build will need a boss killing boost far more than better trash clear.
I think they wanted to make it synergize with Conduit of Eldritch Whispers for Vitality DEE Or maybe with Blood Orb for Vitality DEE/Vitality Decay DEE. Anyways the set doing a complete 180 isn't something I appreciate. Base set supports Focused Gaze casters nicely and now suddenly the mythical version is supporting spam DEE and is actually weaker than the base set for Focused Gaze build

I still stand by what I said. I am all for build diversity but shoehorning mismatched bonuses/skill mods to encourage it isn't a healthy way to do so. If they want spam DEE builds to shine then do so with other Dreeg Related items and make Deception of Dreeg a Focused Gaze set

The main problem is pretty much every Mythical Set feels like an upgrade then we see this one and the first thought that comes to mind is "Well, fuck.."
It doesn't make any sense that no other Mythical Set is doing this but Dreeg Set is. Does Ultos suddenly shift focus from Lightning to Electrocution? Nope. Did Ulzuin suddenly become a Static Strike/Lightning based set? Nope. They all are basically stronger variants of their base versions and support their respective builds nicely. Dreeg isn't exactly doing that, Dreeg builds only work because of how good the skill and the damage type is the set deserves no credit for it

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 11-22-2017, 03:32 AM
Advocate

Man I just finished swapping all my gear to AoM item including the Set without even thinking about the fact that they did remove the Eyes.

I also changed Devotions, added nearly 20 points in skill (level 100 didn't use much of the XPac point) to make it more effective. It was feeling stronger but the gap between "before and after" didn't feel as intense as moving 10 Devotions points and adding 20 Skills point + going from level 65-75 item to level 94 item should have actually felt...

I now understand I lost those Eyes in the process.

The removing of the Procs on bunch of item is really starting to piss me off in some case LD Gauntlet just losing the Chain Lightning will make it that most build will never upgrade from Regular to Mythical which make absolutely no sense...It suck
Old 12-27-2017, 01:30 PM
Counsel

well as i dont play DEE i didnt noticed at all the changes made between base and mythical versions of set, i wont go into details like you guys did, but talking about DEE build transmutted or not, the mythical version of the set clearly looks like a downgrade, maybe im wrong, and i didnt tested anything but loosing that completion set would have annoy me big time for sure, the 33%chance to pass through seems weak considering AOE aint an issue in poison casters at all like Chthon said :/

anyway thanks for pointing that out Chthon, now i know i wont try DEE casters for now
Old 12-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by somnium View Post
This is true, I too would have wanted another relic to even just for variety sake(as Dreeg's Affliction is still quite good for DEE builds). The relic damage type could use some reshuffling as some damage types are under represented.

With 36 myth relics you have these damage types
Physical: 7
Internal Trauma: 1
Pierce: 5
Bleeding: 3
Lightning: 3
Electrocute: 1
Cold: 5
Frostburn: 0
Fire: 5
Burn: 2
Elemental: 3
Acid: 2
Poison: 3
Vitality: 5
Vitality Decay: 1
Aether: 4
Chaos: 5

Lightning and acid are clearly under represented as non DoT damage types and frostburn is only damage type lacking a relic.

Also annoying is the lack of a poison/acid belt for Occultist.

Edit: Pierce is also a bit under represented as in most relics pierce is only minor part of the damage so the actual useful relics are far less.
OK. There goes an idea for a 3 parts legendary set, that has a dagger, an off-hand and a belt, bonuses are mostly acid and poison damage, and +1 to occultist skills when all 3 parts are equipped. The off-hand bring bonuses to all pets, the dagger is a melee weapon, and the belt bring bonus defense and more acid and poison resistances. Those items come at level 40.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:01 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasheur View Post
Chthon, now i know i wont try DEE casters for now
DEE Conjurers stronk

Seriously though, I don't see any reason for the mythical version of the set being this crappy.
JoV made DEE Conjurer work in base game, that global buff on final set granted skill benefited his build as well. His build worked well even though the original Dreeg's Set was meant for Focused Gaze casters and now the mythical variant is suddenly making us go spam DEE route

I'm all for spam DEE but they shouldn't penalize one play-style to let another one flourish.
We have items like Voice of Dreeg, Conduits, Wretched Tome of Nar'adin. Those items should be used to supporting non-Focused Gaze casters and the set's granted skill should be restored

Considering they decided to do restore Wyrm Breath proc on Mythical Wyrmbone Gloves I am hoping they consider this as well.

Also I am fine if the granted skill's buff has same values as base Dreeg Set. I just want that buff back

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-02-2018, 05:42 AM
Counsel

Prior to AoM, I was using mainly Drizzto's DEE Witchblade to farm Crucible. And it did so wonderfully. I finally landed 4 pieces of the mythical pieces of the set and I ended up abandoning the build completely.

Instead of a more flexible build choices, we are instead shoehorned into using non-transmuted DEE??? I cannot understand the logic behind this at all. This starts to feel like D3 all over again where the gears/sets you have completely determine which skills you use...

A few mythical items appear to have their proc removed too for some reason. Like Havoc or Grasp of Unchained Might or Mark of the Forbidden...

I hope they change this soon. Or at least, DO NOT do this to any other sets/items.

EDIT: Just double checked and it seems Mythical Mark of the Forbidden now has the proc like the base version. The rest should follow suit too....
Old 01-02-2018, 07:33 AM
Campaigner

The full set sucks, I gave up at wave 120 because of how slow its clear speed is . Funnily other poison legendary items are solid enough so mixing is the way to go now.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:10 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by actuanpanda View Post
The full set sucks, I gave up at wave 120 because of how slow its clear speed is . Funnily other poison legendary items are solid enough so mixing is the way to go now.
Umm
Just so we are clear. You can still beat 170 using DEE witchblade. But you will most likely loose the multiplier (cause I did )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udomsa33 View Post
Or at least, DO NOT do this to any other sets/items.
I would take both.

1. Do not do this to any other sets
2. Revert Dreeg Set to support Focused Gaze and give other items skill mods to support spam DEE

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 01-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Praetorian

Why this new aversion to this spam DEE. Before AOM people were complaining that DEE spam is silly, now it'a a real possibility.

Edit: What I find weird is that the Voice of dreeg helm has that % weapon dmg mod, forcing you to use MI for similar mod and then this:

+20% Casting Speed
100% Skill Disruption Protection<<<Why? Since you are very likely to use Possession any way
-100% Skill Energy Cost

Last edited by Superfluff; 01-05-2018 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2018, 10:45 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Why this new aversion to this spam DEE. Before AOM people were complaining that DEE spam is silly, now it'a a real possibility.

Edit: What I find weird is that the Voice of dreeg helm has that % weapon dmg mod, forcing you to use MI for similar mod and then this:

+20% Casting Speed
100% Skill Disruption Protection<<<Why? Since you are very likely to use Possession any way
-100% Skill Energy Cost

Quoting myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am all for build diversity but shoehorning mismatched bonuses/skill mods to encourage it isn't a healthy way to do so.

If they want spam DEE builds to shine then do so with other Dreeg Related items and make Deception of Dreeg a Focused Gaze set

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!