Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #271  
Old 11-21-2017, 09:45 PM
anu_jm anu_jm is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Default

Just found stormbearers and was wondering why use mythical stormtitan treads instead of it? It gives 3+ to maelstorm because none of the +skill on the stormtitan are used anyway.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8020
Reply With Quote
  #272  
Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 PM
jajaja jajaja is offline
Emissary
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Posts: 861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_jm View Post
Just found stormbearers and was wondering why use mythical stormtitan treads instead of it? It gives 3+ to maelstorm because none of the +skill on the stormtitan are used anyway.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8020

hp and stun resist. we dont use maelstrom either
__________________
Melee lover.
Reply With Quote
  #273  
Old 11-22-2017, 03:01 AM
spfun spfun is offline
Supporter
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 175
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
With that poison resist? No way, Sentinel will melt you. Without capped stun res, Iron Maiden and other will be painful, and without capped freeze resist Moosilake will shit on you.
just Challenger not Gladiator? I have hundreds of anti freeze potions to use up, Already taken out Moosilake easy. And already killed Sentinel in Ultimate with worse gear in hidden quest. Resists are fine in challenger.

My problem was purely Iron Maiden/Fabius combo, To squishy for that and probably had unfortunate mutagens... I somehow need to be more tanky but simply don't have the gear to support it yet, which is a shame as I'm trying to farm challenger comfortably as its faster for blueprints/gear than ultimate dungeon runs. I have 3 characters who can easily clear ultimate without death, in basic gear, but all struggle in challenger crucible. Its those damn mutagens I tell ya...
Reply With Quote
  #274  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:00 PM
anu_jm anu_jm is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Just looked at your build, was the gear meant to be all mythical or are you using non mythical stuff at the moment? Also what would be bis weapon for it?
Reply With Quote
  #275  
Old 11-22-2017, 04:53 PM
MortalKombat's Avatar
MortalKombat MortalKombat is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 1,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfun View Post
My problem was purely Iron Maiden/Fabius combo, To squishy for that and probably had unfortunate mutagens... I somehow need to be more tanky but simply don't have the gear to support it yet, which is a shame as I'm trying to farm challenger comfortably as its faster for blueprints/gear than ultimate dungeon runs. I have 3 characters who can easily clear ultimate without death, in basic gear, but all struggle in challenger crucible. Its those damn mutagens I tell ya...
Yeah, this build is particulary vulnerable to Iron Mained and Fabius. VS Fabius, you need overcapped pierce resist, and VS Iron maiden you need physical resist and armour. Sadly, gear for this build dont have any significant amount of any of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_jm View Post
Just looked at your build, was the gear meant to be all mythical or are you using non mythical stuff at the moment? Also what would be bis weapon for it?
I use non-mythicals because i dont have mythicals (and mythical Justice set doesnt work for my build - because gloves convert damage to fire).
Now i switched to Octavius set and Leviathan.
BiS weapon is Mythical Stonefist Rebuke, probably (with GOOD rolls). Well-rolled Leviathan is nice too, but it doesnt have so important cast speed on it...

Last edited by MortalKombat; 11-22-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #276  
Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 PM
Celissa Celissa is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Default

Jajaja, I must say that you have made a believer out of me. I very much enjoyed reading about this build, and I've actually made a melee character for once instead of a pure caster or one with an army of pets. I am having a blast clearing rooms in just a few swings of my greataxe. Admittedly, I've not yet reached the height of the build--I'm still enjoying primal strike for the moment--but goodness, this feels like a keeper.

Thanks for the fun!
Reply With Quote
  #277  
Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 PM
anu_jm anu_jm is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Perth
Posts: 18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
hp and stun resist. we dont use maelstrom either
According to the grim tools you have 7 points in maelstorm...it is the last skill in wind devil tree?
Reply With Quote
  #278  
Old 11-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Karyoplasma Karyoplasma is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_jm View Post
According to the grim tools you have 7 points in maelstorm...it is the last skill in wind devil tree?
Hold Ctrl+Shift in grimtools and you'll see that he only put a single point in it. I assume it's only for the electrocute which can proc the devotion as well as the hit.
Reply With Quote
  #279  
Old 11-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Karyoplasma Karyoplasma is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 19
Default

I found Solael-Sect pants while doing the hidden quest and was wondering which I should use: https://imgur.com/6psoCpJ

Another question on the pants I found: according to grimtools they should either have a 674/94 phys/lvl requirement with 1501 armor or a 606/84 requirement with 1246 armor, why are my pants different?
Reply With Quote
  #280  
Old 11-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Rhylthar's Avatar
Rhylthar Rhylthar is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 430
Default

Look at the trousers:
One are Legguards, the other Leggings. Different kind of Armor.

And you should take the Lvl 94 Solael-Sect Variant.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
caster, electrocute, melee, savagery, warder

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2017 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.