Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-21-2017, 09:45 PM
Initiate

Just found stormbearers and was wondering why use mythical stormtitan treads instead of it? It gives 3+ to maelstorm because none of the +skill on the stormtitan are used anyway.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8020
Old 11-21-2017, 10:05 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu_jm View Post
Just found stormbearers and was wondering why use mythical stormtitan treads instead of it? It gives 3+ to maelstorm because none of the +skill on the stormtitan are used anyway.

http://www.grimtools.com/db/items/8020

hp and stun resist. we dont use maelstrom either
Old 11-22-2017, 03:01 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
With that poison resist? No way, Sentinel will melt you. Without capped stun res, Iron Maiden and other will be painful, and without capped freeze resist Moosilake will shit on you.
just Challenger not Gladiator? I have hundreds of anti freeze potions to use up, Already taken out Moosilake easy. And already killed Sentinel in Ultimate with worse gear in hidden quest. Resists are fine in challenger.

My problem was purely Iron Maiden/Fabius combo, To squishy for that and probably had unfortunate mutagens... I somehow need to be more tanky but simply don't have the gear to support it yet, which is a shame as I'm trying to farm challenger comfortably as its faster for blueprints/gear than ultimate dungeon runs. I have 3 characters who can easily clear ultimate without death, in basic gear, but all struggle in challenger crucible. Its those damn mutagens I tell ya...
Old 11-22-2017, 04:00 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortalKombat View Post
Just looked at your build, was the gear meant to be all mythical or are you using non mythical stuff at the moment? Also what would be bis weapon for it?
Old 11-22-2017, 04:53 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by spfun View Post
My problem was purely Iron Maiden/Fabius combo, To squishy for that and probably had unfortunate mutagens... I somehow need to be more tanky but simply don't have the gear to support it yet, which is a shame as I'm trying to farm challenger comfortably as its faster for blueprints/gear than ultimate dungeon runs. I have 3 characters who can easily clear ultimate without death, in basic gear, but all struggle in challenger crucible. Its those damn mutagens I tell ya...
Yeah, this build is particulary vulnerable to Iron Mained and Fabius. VS Fabius, you need overcapped pierce resist, and VS Iron maiden you need physical resist and armour. Sadly, gear for this build dont have any significant amount of any of those.

Quote:
Just looked at your build, was the gear meant to be all mythical or are you using non mythical stuff at the moment? Also what would be bis weapon for it?
I use non-mythicals because i dont have mythicals (and mythical Justice set doesnt work for my build - because gloves convert damage to fire).
Now i switched to Octavius set and Leviathan.
BiS weapon is Mythical Stonefist Rebuke, probably (with GOOD rolls). Well-rolled Leviathan is nice too, but it doesnt have so important cast speed on it...

Last edited by MortalKombat; 11-22-2017 at 05:49 PM.
Old 11-22-2017, 07:54 PM
Initiate

Jajaja, I must say that you have made a believer out of me. I very much enjoyed reading about this build, and I've actually made a melee character for once instead of a pure caster or one with an army of pets. I am having a blast clearing rooms in just a few swings of my greataxe. Admittedly, I've not yet reached the height of the build--I'm still enjoying primal strike for the moment--but goodness, this feels like a keeper.

Thanks for the fun!
Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
hp and stun resist. we dont use maelstrom either
According to the grim tools you have 7 points in maelstorm...it is the last skill in wind devil tree?
Old 11-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Initiate

Quote:
According to the grim tools you have 7 points in maelstorm...it is the last skill in wind devil tree?
Hold Ctrl+Shift in grimtools and you'll see that he only put a single point in it. I assume it's only for the electrocute which can proc the devotion as well as the hit.
Old 11-23-2017, 02:44 PM
Initiate

I found Solael-Sect pants while doing the hidden quest and was wondering which I should use: https://imgur.com/6psoCpJ

Another question on the pants I found: according to grimtools they should either have a 674/94 phys/lvl requirement with 1501 armor or a 606/84 requirement with 1246 armor, why are my pants different?
Old 11-23-2017, 02:51 PM
Advocate

Look at the trousers:
One are Legguards, the other Leggings. Different kind of Armor.

And you should take the Lvl 94 Solael-Sect Variant.

Tags
caster, electrocute, melee, savagery, warder