Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Supporter

Seems fair, true, would be op in some cases, but still, the most powerfull aura should be the one applied no matter if its 1st or last casted...
Old 11-14-2017, 04:19 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
First time I've seen someone call Possession op. So far all the opinions I've seen about it is that is just okay.
It is great if you focus on Chaos, Vitality or Acid/Poison, so it is helpful for some builds. But for example, for a pet summoner build, the other class's exclusive skill (Primal Bond and Master of Death) are better.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Counsel

Nightblade doesn't need an exclusive, but could use a ton of buffs/changes to the passives in the tree. Compared to other classes they're garbage.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:15 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitchachos View Post
but still, the most powerfull aura should be the one applied no matter if its 1st or last casted...
This is the way it works.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:39 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahyangyi View Post
Well, Nightblade, Soldier, Necromancer and Inquisitor also have weapon pool skills while other classes do not. Soldier, Demolitionist and Shaman have default attack replacers while other classes do not. And the list goes on for other types of skills: some masteries receive them and others do not. In the end, the masteries are still versatile, quite balanced and synergistic. And they work all differently.

So I'd argue that you are looking at it from a wrong angle.
i like your friendly reminder that soldier has everything. Grim Dawn is roll soldier + [class of your choice]
The Winter King - 100 ice tactician
Xhanna - 100 cabalist. meh
Oona - 85 poison conjurer
Mordos - 85 sigil conjurer
Old 11-14-2017, 08:53 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blawsonhull View Post
i like your friendly reminder that soldier has everything. Grim Dawn is roll soldier + [class of your choice]
Are you still crying about this?

I have gotten every single soldier build through to lvl 80+, starting with a (dead now) witchblade, along with a few builds that don't have any soldier in them, in Hardcore, and by far my strongest character is my Infiltrator. I am optimistic that my blademaster will eventually become pretty good once he gets all BIS gear, and a couple of my other builds are pretty good for specific situations like farming Fabius or Zantarin, but the Infiltrator is already ridiculous in every scenario with just a bunch of random gear that I threw together when he got to lvl 94.

If anything is "too powerful" in comparison to other classes right now, I'd say that it's the Inquisitor.

Last edited by bryanw1995; 11-14-2017 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:57 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryanw1995 View Post
Are you still crying about this?

I have gotten every single soldier build through to lvl 80+, starting with a (dead now) witchblade, along with a few builds that don't have any soldier in them, in Hardcore, and by far my best character right now is my Infiltrator. I am optimistic that my blademaster will eventually become pretty good once he gets all BIS gear, but the Infiltrator is already ridiculous with just a bunch of random gear that I threw together when he got to lvl 94.
sorry just stating the bloody obvious. soldier is balanced perfectly imo, i love it. but if you look at the builds posted 90% are soldier + [insert class] this happens because soldier has virtually all the defense in Grim Dawn.

soldier is fine just how it is, other classes could use a bit more defense love imo. As for your infiltrator what do you do for defense and where's the video lol
The Winter King - 100 ice tactician
Xhanna - 100 cabalist. meh
Oona - 85 poison conjurer
Mordos - 85 sigil conjurer
Old 11-15-2017, 10:10 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by blawsonhull View Post
sorry just stating the bloody obvious. soldier is balanced perfectly imo, i love it. but if you look at the builds posted 90% are soldier + [insert class] this happens because soldier has virtually all the defense in Grim Dawn.

soldier is fine just how it is, other classes could use a bit more defense love imo. As for your infiltrator what do you do for defense and where's the video lol
I have been farming hardcore level 100 for a while now. Normally I make a new class, get it to 100, then start another, but Infiltrator is just the strongest out there I think, or at least the strongest that I've found for both killing speed and survivability.

I don't post builds because I don't feel like taking the time to do so, and I don't have a whole lot of great gear after 1300 hours playing. Plus, not many out there enjoy hardcore, anyway, so it would be wasted for most people. However, I will tell you the gear I have and constellations I'm using:

helm: Mythical Silver Sentinels Mask, leathery hide, malmouth woundsear powder
chest: Mythical Silver Sentinels Armor, sanctified bone, outcasts wasting powder
lh weapon: Mythical Deathmarked Decapitator, haunted steel,malmouth aegis
mh weapon: Myhical Deathmarked Claw, shard of beronath, malmouths aegis
boots: mythical golemborn greaves, mark of mogdrogen, venomguard powder
belt: Mythical Blade Breaker Sash, antivenom salve, venomguard powder
relic: Vengeance
hands: chilling grip of hagarrad, consecrated wrappings, mankinds vigil
shoulders: Mythical Deathmarked Shoulderguards, ugdenbog leather, venomguard powder
legs: mythical runeward legguards, scaled hide, venomguard powder
rings: mythical sapphire and ruby of elemental balance, corpsedust in both, survivors ingenuity in both
amulet: empowered essence of beronath, dread skull, basilisk's bite
medal: mark of divinity, aether soul

I have 83 elemental resists, 85 bleed, 48 stun, and 80 on all the rest (with word of renewal up). 2314 oa, 2447 da, 13857 hp (with word of renewal and pb up). Sheet Dps with just word of renewal and pb is 45877. armor is 1934 with 84% absorption, sometimes I'll pop a courageous tincture if there are too many titans or behemoths on the screen.

My playstyle is mainly: ss into the middle of everything, ring of steel, inquisitors seal, amarastas, commence killing everything in sight. I do tiptoe a bit around dangerous named monsters in Malmouth though, at least until I can clear out some of the trash or titans lurking around them. I keep meaning to replace Vengeance for faster killing speed, but I think that the skill on it has saved my ass a few times, or at the least it makes things feel smoother, and my dps feels so good compared to my other characters that I don't feel an urgent need for more tbh.

Constellations: Bards harp, Amatok the spirit of winter, Falcon, rhowans crown, huntress, murmur (only 4 slots), behemoth (3 slots), ghoul (4 slots), bat.

The 3 mythical deathmarked pieces are pretty nice, but I don't think that anything I'm using is BIS, and I still have several lvl 75 pieces. So, it's still very much a work in progress, but all I know is that I kill faster with this guy by far than anything else I have at lvl 100. And, it has great survivability, enough so that I farm Valaxteria and Terrnox on this character when I was kind of afraid to farm anything in Malmouth before.

Last edited by bryanw1995; 11-15-2017 at 10:23 PM.