Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-31-2018, 08:03 PM
Initiate

Is there an un-updated version of this build? I don't have the expansion and I was very interested in this noob friendly build from Comendium V.

Can I find this build anywhere without the new updates?

Thanks.

I'm not really sure what to do with devotions and what to put my remaining skills into. I'm thinking I need more defensive skills from here on out because the damage is there but surviveability is going down in Elite. Seems like all the best devotions for this build are in the expansion like Quill and Ultos
Old 04-11-2018, 05:04 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benefit View Post
Is there an un-updated version of this build? I don't have the expansion and I was very interested in this noob friendly build from Comendium V.

Can I find this build anywhere without the new updates?

Thanks.

I'm not really sure what to do with devotions and what to put my remaining skills into. I'm thinking I need more defensive skills from here on out because the damage is there but surviveability is going down in Elite. Seems like all the best devotions for this build are in the expansion like Quill and Ultos

Delayed response on my part but I posted a calc link of what I'd do with vanilla-only devotions in the previous page: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4ZDDvXkZ

Skills-wise this would look about the same but you would stop at 32 in Demo mastery just to get blast shield. Gear would be changed up quite a bit, however; If others are interested in it I can knock together a full calc but honestly the AoM expansion is really worth getting if you enjoy this game
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: C R A B C O M M A N D O
Currently leveling: Storm Bolter. http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52296
Old 04-12-2018, 04:03 PM
Initiate

Wow Mournslayer, thanks so much for posting that! I definitely need to fix my devotions, I'm currently level 81 running through Act 2 ultimate, nothing has been too hard so far, if so I mostly just kite and wait for blast shield CD. This is definitely a great beginner build.

As for gear I'm just trying to cap resists for the most part and im trying to have around 500 cunning so I can use that 2h lightning bow if I want to switch away from melee.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:40 PM
Initiate

I had to double reply to be able to post my build, sorry

Here's my build, I just plan on maxing out flashbang with my remaining points. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2z68El2
Old 04-13-2018, 01:53 AM
Initiate

I have grown bored with POE and have decided to give Grim Dawn a chance (again).

I will be following this build guide as it is very well written and it sounds like a fun build. Nice to see the op is still around and active as I'm sure I will have questions!

Wish me luck because I thought this game was really hard the 1st time I played it a year or so ago.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:54 PM
Initiate

I was wondering, are you still working on the leveling guide?
Old 05-23-2018, 01:14 AM
Initiate

Default Enoyable build for a relative newbie

I am enoying this build - much better survivability for a relative newcomer to Grim Dawn than my original Witchhunter. Thanks for all the good pointers.

I have had to change one thing, probably due to an Ashes of Malmouth update. The Devotion screen would not let me assign Arcane Bomb to Thermite Mines, so I went with Flashbang at the attachment. Works pretty well there.

Keep posting great builds!
Old 05-24-2018, 09:08 PM
Initiate

I really wanted to thank you for this detailed guide. I've only came across one other build guide here that was able to hold my hand and help me through Grim Dawn. As I made my way through Ultimate I wanted to have a second build but was frustrated and discouraged with how most guides are here so I quit playing. I guess I've become too spoiled with the detailed guides that poe has, but I've taken a break from PoE due to its latest league. I only play ARPG's but I couldn't make a build or learn the game mechanics to save my life. I do eventually learn enough if there's a good foundation someone has laid out and once I've tried several different builds, but just linking Grim Tools and end game gear like most guides do here just doesn't work for me personally. So thank you very much!
Old 07-28-2018, 10:10 PM
Initiate

I just started playing this game a month ago and found this guide to use as my first character. But I'm curious about something. The guide says to bind Arcane Bomb to Thermite Mines but Thermite Mines doesn't show up as an ability I can bind it to. At this point, I have an artifact granting me Gavel of Justice and I put Arcane Bomb on that and I have Elemental Storm bound to my Primal Strike which I'm using. I'm playing through the DLC and switching between that and Elite difficulty depending on what I feel like and I just hit level 72.
Old 07-29-2018, 12:06 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nic_Cage_Bees View Post
But I'm curious about something. The guide says to bind Arcane Bomb to Thermite Mines but Thermite Mines doesn't show up as an ability I can bind it to.
This is due to a change from a few updates back that means pets or pet-like entities can't have other pets/pet-like devotion skills bound to them.

Tags
2-handers, elementalist, lightning, primal strike, savagery