Old 07-27-2017, 05:33 AM
Speaker

wow I missed this! Congrats!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:58 PM
Supporter

I feel so sorry for the team, and even more for the game and its players.

After years and years of crawling with alpha versions, then beta versions, then finally a final version, the game then finally reaches its first million purchases.
And everybody appear to be celebrating this as a success... Seriously?

It is not like the developers, or at least its core part, has started everything from scratch. They could have learned more from the game on which this one is partially based: Titan quest (which appears to have reached its first million sales within 16-18 months), and more importantly, they could have learned anything from the game that has defined the basics of this genre 15 years ago: Diablo II (which has reached the first million within its first month of release).

But no, there is always the same hopeless feeling with each update and announcement here of disconnection with the reality, of not wanting to learn anything and of keeping moving on regardless of where it goes.

Should the developers have learned the most basic from the Diablo II reference, a game with the potential of Grim Dawn could have reached its first million within the first 4-5 months after its release at latest.
But 14 months later... Seriously?...

To find a comparison within the same timeline and nowadays environment, the most related competitor would probably be Path of Exile, but a comparison of the sales histories would not make much sense since the game is based on different mechanics and on a different business model.

Such celebration unfortunately shows nothing more but how much the team does not want to relate with the reality of its industry and how much its fanbase is completely clueless about what is going on around...

I am so sorry for this game. Such announcement couldn't be a clearer sign of the failure of the choices of its core mechanics, platform setup, community management etc, and everybody here is celebrating this... wow.... This is very weird.

Last edited by Grimdawn_Betatest; 08-22-2017 at 11:02 PM.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #113  
Old 08-22-2017, 11:22 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

I hope our next game is as big a failure as Grim Dawn continues to be.

Are you still hoping we'll repent from our flawed ways and bad decisions, or is coming back here periodically to remind us a form of self-punishment?
Old 08-22-2017, 11:27 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post

Are you still hoping we'll repent from our flawed ways and bad decisions, or is coming back here periodically to remind us a form of self-punishment?

I think he is trying to fill the role of the doomsayer "you are doomed, you are all doomed" that's what you getting for camping at Crystal Lake.

Last edited by They Live; 08-22-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:49 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimdawn_Betatest View Post

*Sigh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
I'll be honest, Betatest.... I can't say as I recall a single post of yours that I didn't disagree with some aspect of it, usually because it's not at all thought out. Your posts are often self-defeating once their logic is actually expanded on and taken to their full conclusions, and you often contradict yourself as you have here.

Perhaps Grim Dawn simply isn't the game for you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Wow, what a way of proving that you're an elitist with his/her head so far moved into your own ass by implying some people here have lower standards than you. That somehow you have the superior standards and we should follow whatever you say.

I stopped taking anything you say seriously a while ago but this just seals it.

I really am surprised as to why you still bother lurking around

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 08-22-2017 at 11:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:15 AM
Praetorian

Anyways...

Congrats on 1 Million Copies Sold...on Steam alone! Pretty solid stat.
Old 08-23-2017, 01:24 AM
Initiate

Awesome! Way to go! I've really enjoyed this game and I hope many others continue to!
Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post

26/16 response from Zantai to the obvious troll

Anyways. Congrats on this milestone Crate! Hard to believe it wasn't that long ago this game was a pipe dream and the company a couple dudes poking away in someone's garage. Quite the "failure" story indeed.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: C R A B C O M M A N D O
Currently leveling: Storm Bolter. http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52296
Old 08-23-2017, 02:17 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
I am so sorry for this game. Such announcement couldn't be a clearer sign of the failure of the choices of its core mechanics, platform setup, community management etc, and everybody here is celebrating this... wow.... This is very weird.
What's weird is your brain and how it processes information in the most convoluted way consistently. But hey, every post you make causes my brain to flatline in awe, soooo, that's something right?

I feel that if Grohuf were here we could get to the bottom of this in no time.

Last edited by powbam; 08-23-2017 at 02:20 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 07:46 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
I feel so sorry for the team, and even more for the game and its players.

After years and years of crawling with alpha versions, then beta versions, then finally a final version, the game then finally reaches its first million purchases.
And everybody appear to be celebrating this as a success... Seriously?

It is not like the developers, or at least its core part, has started everything from scratch. They could have learned more from the game on which this one is partially based: Titan quest (which appears to have reached its first million sales within 16-18 months), and more importantly, they could have learned anything from the game that has defined the basics of this genre 15 years ago: Diablo II (which has reached the first million within its first month of release).

But no, there is always the same hopeless feeling with each update and announcement here of disconnection with the reality, of not wanting to learn anything and of keeping moving on regardless of where it goes.

Should the developers have learned the most basic from the Diablo II reference, a game with the potential of Grim Dawn could have reached its first million within the first 4-5 months after its release at latest.
But 14 months later... Seriously?...

To find a comparison within the same timeline and nowadays environment, the most related competitor would probably be Path of Exile, but a comparison of the sales histories would not make much sense since the game is based on different mechanics and on a different business model.

Such celebration unfortunately shows nothing more but how much the team does not want to relate with the reality of its industry and how much its fanbase is completely clueless about what is going on around...

easy, create yourself a game and sell 1 million copies, let me know when you reach this okay?

god damn it man, selling 1 million of something is always a reason to celebrate
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X