Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Development Updates

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 07-10-2017, 04:30 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
I'm more intrigued by how far Time Dilation is going to go. Potentially 10 second cooldown before CDR is factored in .
There's a distinct possibility that earlier levels will be rebalanced to make the new max level less OP for skills which reduce cooldowns or resistances.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:32 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukkaReborn View Post
Only 5 devotion POINTS? not levels right...because 5 seems incredibly low unless they are giving us the other 9 extra shrine points you can't get from shrines above the 50 cap....to total 64....but 55...meh...with 14 constellations added in you'd think at least 10 would be given....
It is 55 total yeah they are adding 14 Constellation but those extra 5 points will translate to either 1 more devotion per build or allow people to re-build their devotion tree to be able to get the perfect devotion to reach the latest they actually want without having to make a way for specific devotion based on the point they give rather than their bonus. (Thinking of those 2 color one that are hard to reach via an optimal devotion route (in term of bonus) TOL need some of those Blue/Yellow Devotion with those extra 5 point it might just be enough to for Pure Blue Pure Yellow but have the exact bonus you want)
Old 07-10-2017, 04:39 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snazzblaster View Post
There's a distinct possibility that earlier levels will be rebalanced to make the new max level less OP for skills which reduce cooldowns or resistances.
Either that or the new 5 levels could be treated like Ultimate levels for skills and will scale up much less than the first 10 levels.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:42 PM
Initiate

New constellations, new powers to play with! Really like how the Fist of Vire looks. Can't wait to try it out
Old 07-10-2017, 04:51 PM
Counsel

Ultos is just another boring chain lightning proc, of the hundreds of chain lightning procs that you can already have with affixes or epic/legendaries and the element resistance reduction is hardly enough to justify it. Vire, on the other hand, is the only new proc so far that looks interesting and unique.

Meh.
Old 07-10-2017, 04:54 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kralw View Post
The Phoenix doesn't sound super exciting to me. He will be up about 40% of the time (5 seconds with 11.5 recharge), I guess it will all depends on what that 15% Damage absorption become at 20/20 and if it can be a good defensive bonus (will it be a total damage for the duration of the 5 seconds or will it be an amount on each attack?) Fire/Aether build usually already have very high atk and would benefit the most with the defensive side of it..
Judging by the tooltip I'm assuming it works like blast shield and overguard, so after all other form of mitigation you have the value is directly reduced from the leftover damage. Note that it's flat damage absorption, which makes it stronger than % based,since it can make you ignore damage.

It's one of the things I'm the most excited about, you have Illidan's immolation aura . The other is the % elemental reduction on Ultos, viper's monopoly is finally over!
Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Speaker

That flaming fist looks AWESOME!

I'm very excited to see another source of elemental resist reduction in the Hand Of Ultos, but am kind of disappointed that it's the weakest sort of RR and won't stack with Viper. Regardless, might be cool for a TSS build and help out with lightning Savagery's woeful AoE damage.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: C R A B C O M M A N D O
Currently leveling: Pistoleer Elemental/Aether Cadence Battlemage
Old 07-10-2017, 05:05 PM
Emissary

It looks great (the Fist and Chain lightning my fav)! But only 5 points for 14 new Constellations ? rly? I mean you make us face a very hard choice. Give us at least 10 more points please.

EDIT: Will there be a non damage proc constellation? Like healing / -cooldown reduction / DA, armour, resistances buffs? I mean a powerful one! ))

Last edited by Garfunkel; 07-10-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 05:06 PM
Lord Advocate

Alladrah's Phoenix is my favorite

The rest look pretty awesome, the Stone Dildo at the end is pretty awesome

Arcane Currents, if i understand correctly will attack multiple enemies in a specific direction right? It's interesting
But does that mean it can only target one direction at a time or is it effectively omnidirectional? Cause it looks unidirectional to me

Hand of Ultos is my least favorite since it looks like a more powerful chain lightning skill.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
A Mod that allows players to use any item's proc regardless of their build.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Reign of Terror Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 07-10-2017, 05:17 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Every Celestial Proc in the game will be receiving 5 more ranks, allowing them to reach even greater limits of power
So, does this mean that the new 5 ranks will have higher scaling akin to the jump from the penultimate level of a celestial proc to the last level? Normally the last rank for a devotion proc yields double (or somewhere around there) the growth compared to all the previous level. If we could sustain that growth from 20 to 25 etc that would be really amazing! Thinking of the experience it will take I think it should do!

Tags
grim misadventure