Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-18-2018, 06:52 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaah971 View Post
Thank you very much.

And what do you mean by "Order note" for Devotion ? It s the white on the central Crossroads ? Or one of the constellations (that i dont find hehe) ?
Take Assassin's Blade first, then Assassin and Blades of Nadaan, then everything else
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:44 PM
Initiate

ok thank you, i saw the thing !
Old 10-20-2018, 03:03 AM
Initiate

Hey love this build too!

I tried to incorporate the cadence interaction with WPSes found in this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78770 with your build since I like how tanky your version is. Came up with something like this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAWPe4N

Overall dropped a little damage on ring of steel (like 40% Weapon damage) but I feel like I increased my auto attack damage A LOT. Have you tried this approach?
Old 10-20-2018, 08:22 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserkjay View Post
Hey love this build too!

I tried to incorporate the cadence interaction with WPSes found in this build: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78770 with your build since I like how tanky your version is. Came up with something like this:

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/bVAWPe4N

Overall dropped a little damage on ring of steel (like 40% Weapon damage) but I feel like I increased my auto attack damage A LOT. Have you tried this approach?
I always thought that if you have Cadence you don't need any WPS except execution probably. Will try it
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Octavius injects a decilitre of horse hormones into untransmuted FW.
Old 10-20-2018, 04:44 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by veretragna View Post
I always thought that if you have Cadence you don't need any WPS except execution probably. Will try it
Def worth trying! I decided to try it with this build because I don't have any full sets yet. Here is the part of the forum guide I linked that I was referring to:

"Why cadence with full WPS? Isn't it DPS lost? Contrary with the popular belief, it will actually quicken the cadence charges and increase the cadence frequency. This is because WPS that deal with both hands (don't know with single hand) can coincide with cadence in the third strike. When this happen, one of the hand damage is replaced by cadence strike while the other do the WPS damage, ALSO it gives you a free single charge, thus you only need one more attack to charge cadence. 100% WPS ensures this to happen 100% of the time. Refer to the thread link above for video proof.
"

Basicly using dual wield WPSes you can trigger cadence every 2nd swing instead of 3rd!
Old 10-20-2018, 05:55 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by beserkjay View Post
Def worth trying! I decided to try it with this build because I don't have any full sets yet. Here is the part of the forum guide I linked that I was referring to:

"Why cadence with full WPS? Isn't it DPS lost? Contrary with the popular belief, it will actually quicken the cadence charges and increase the cadence frequency. This is because WPS that deal with both hands (don't know with single hand) can coincide with cadence in the third strike. When this happen, one of the hand damage is replaced by cadence strike while the other do the WPS damage, ALSO it gives you a free single charge, thus you only need one more attack to charge cadence. 100% WPS ensures this to happen 100% of the time. Refer to the thread link above for video proof.
"

Basicly using dual wield WPSes you can trigger cadence every 2nd swing instead of 3rd!
I couldn't believe it at first so I tested it some time ago. It is true. WPS and Cadence work beautifully and it's time to think of reworking all DW Cadence builds in the light of this revelation.

There's a slight problem that you can only achieve 72 true DW WPS chance on non-Belgothian pierce BM (BS, WB, Exec, Direwolf proc) (EDIT: that plus 1/3 of the remaining 28% = 9.(3)%.) AQC acts weird with Cadence (I don't really know how exactly - some more testing is required) and Markovian Advantage hits with one hand despite the description (same as Cadence).

Last edited by ya_; 10-20-2018 at 05:59 PM.
Old 10-21-2018, 04:57 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
I couldn't believe it at first so I tested it some time ago. It is true. WPS and Cadence work beautifully and it's time to think of reworking all DW Cadence builds in the light of this revelation.

There's a slight problem that you can only achieve 72 true DW WPS chance on non-Belgothian pierce BM (BS, WB, Exec, Direwolf proc) (EDIT: that plus 1/3 of the remaining 28% = 9.(3)%.) AQC acts weird with Cadence (I don't really know how exactly - some more testing is required) and Markovian Advantage hits with one hand despite the description (same as Cadence).
I used to think that this build will be better as tactician, but after knowing how cadence "truly" interact with DW WPS, then blademaster is better (offensively).

All Nightblade wps should hit with both hands and quicken cadence charging. I think x1x2 tested himself with AQC and Execution.
MA should also works with both hands too, only ZT doesnt work with DW melee. For some reason, ZT shows both hands only from DW ranged, but I think it's still not gives free charge.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:34 AM
Counsel

I tested this will all blademasterís WPS maxed (except Zoltan and Whirling Blades) plus Direwolf Crest (97% total chance) and Cadence was being quickened 3-4 times out of 5.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:46 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya_ View Post
I tested this will all blademasterís WPS maxed (except Zoltan and Whirling Blades) plus Direwolf Crest (97% total chance) and Cadence was being quickened 3-4 times out of 5.
There seems to be some factor that makes the results not consistent.
I tested this interaction too in my ranged discord cadence tactician. It supposedly has 100% wps, all both hands, but there is some instance that it doesnt give a free charge. Check the video in my thread:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78939

Maybe you can figure somethings out.
Old 10-21-2018, 07:16 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejabrixone View Post
There seems to be some factor that makes the results not consistent.
I tested this interaction too in my ranged discord cadence tactician. It supposedly has 100% wps, all both hands, but there is some instance that it doesnt give a free charge. Check the video in my thread:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78939

Maybe you can figure somethings out.
Yes, good build (for an inquisitor ). I read it before and found the Cadence thing very intriguing (not intriguing enough to drop Belgothian though... ).

Your results might stem from the fact that Chilling Rounds has the same being-wierd-with-Cadence problem as Amarastaís Quick Cut. Or maybe devs thought, hey that dw cadence too op letís rig it! Also, Iím mostly sure that MA isnít auto-DW unless used over Belgothian Strikes.

Anyways, IMO 80% quickened Cadence is still worth investing in WPS at least to the point of their max proc chance. BTW, have you tested how Cadence quickening looks like with all naked DW attacks? 33%?

Tags
blademaster, cadence, dual wield, melee, pierce