Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-06-2018, 04:00 AM
Supporter

Default [1.0.5.0] The Blade of the Luminari - 2h Melee Elemental Mage Hunter

The Blade of the Luminari
2h Melee Elemental Mage Hunter

GrimTools

Campaign: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NK0M7W2
Crucible: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/lNkgxEqN (WIP)

With the buff Aura of Censure received it has become a must use for many Inquisitor builds. This build is no exception. The campaign Grim Tools use Aura of Conviction for the OA boost to make itemization a bit easier. You can swap Aura of Conviction for Aura of Censure once you feel you have enough +OA items to crit boss monsters and trigger Deadly Aim consistently.

Status

I really struggle getting the loot I need in GD. I still haven't managed to get Mythical Iskandra's Focusing Prism or Vestments. My current build.

Spoiler!

I've done some experimenting on another character using items crafted with GDStash to complete the build per the GrimTools linked above. I have cleared Gladiator Crucible successfully with this test character. I did waves 1-150 with no buff/no banner, and waves 151-170 with 4 buffs. I have also soloed Lokarr and Grava'Thul successfully with this test character.

Offense

Spoiler!

Defense

Spoiler!

Devotions

- Bind Elemental Storm to Word of Pain
- Bind Fissure to Inquisitor Seal
- Bind Arcane Currents to Arcane Devastation

Gearing

Spoiler!

Videos

[v1.0.7.0] Gladiator Crucible Waves 151-170

Last edited by Mator; 03-18-2018 at 06:21 PM.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:13 AM
Supporter

Gladiator Crucible Update

I created a test character with GDStash with this build, and successfully cleared Gladiator Crucible. I did waves 1-150 with no buff no banner and waves 151-170 with 4 buffs no banner. My clear time was 14 minutes 37 seconds. The only part which is particularly challenging is wave 154, which has a lot of stacked slows, making it difficult to kite away when things get dicey (I used Nullification on myself to remove them).

Overall, the build probably isn't as reliable a 150-170 crucible farmer as other builds, but it can clear it.

[v1.0.7.0] Gladiator Crucible Waves 151-170
Old 03-18-2018, 08:17 AM
Supporter

I've been looking into some alternate class combinations for this build. I have a pretty strong elemental forcewave tactician which I'm testing out, appears to be really reliable clearing gladiator crucible 151-170. I'm also testing a vindicator. I'll be updating my posts once I have a good idea of how these builds perform. (they both look considerably better than my main build in the OP though)

Until I have a full writeup, here are some grimtools links:

Vindicator

No Greens/MIs: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/gZwKMqbZ
MIs: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQeKMRN

This build is very spongy. Lots of health regen/life steal sources from Shaman mastery. I haven't tested it in gladiator crucible yet. I'm pretty sure it has better DPS than my Mage Hunter build due to increased resist reduction via Raging Tempest and improved weapon damage/attack speed via Savagery.

Tactician

No Greens/ MIs: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/4VxdgypV (updated to have more DA 3/21/2018)
DA-love variant: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZPoLLPV

I cleared crucible 1-170 with the DA-love variant of the tactician build. It was super safe, I can see why the chinese community really likes stacking lots of DA. The build has close to 5K DA combined with >3K armor, 17/12 seal, ~15K health, and overmaxed resists. It's super tanky. I did crucible 150-170 with might of amatok and ulzuin's pact in ~14 minutes, but I'm pretty sure I could do it with no blessings in similar time.

Last edited by Mator; 03-21-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 AM
Supporter

Hi, can you please tell me how too see soldier's skills in Tactician build? I can only see one class on one grimcalc... And I don't understand why.
Old 03-18-2018, 05:57 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelion View Post
Hi, can you please tell me how too see soldier's skills in Tactician build? I can only see one class on one grimcalc... And I don't understand why.
Not sure. It might be an issue with your browser or a browser plugin. If you're having trouble using the grimtools build calculator you should direct your questions to this topic.

EDIT: Here's a screenshot of soldier skills with +skill bonuses, and here's a screenshot without bonuses. This is for the DA-love variant.

Last edited by Mator; 03-18-2018 at 06:44 PM.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:04 AM
Acolyte

Trying out this build, a surprisingly fun one to level and play I must say. Gonna add to the topic that the Arbiter relic is GREAT for leveling along the campaign, since it's physical/elemental damage and the granted skill will mow through large groups of enemies like a knife through butter
Old 04-30-2018, 05:52 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themis View Post
Trying out this build, a surprisingly fun one to level and play I must say. Gonna add to the topic that the Arbiter relic is GREAT for leveling along the campaign, since it's physical/elemental damage and the granted skill will mow through large groups of enemies like a knife through butter
Yes, Arbiter is an incredibly awesome relic for leveling. I'd go as far to say that any 2h build should use it when leveling. It deals big %WD, is a source of %DR, has some stun duration for dealing with fodder, and heals you a bunch if you have reasonable %ADCTH.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the build!

Tags
elemental damage, mage hunter, melee, twohanded