Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 08-03-2018, 04:09 PM
Praetorian

My version of this http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75574
Old 08-04-2018, 09:17 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
Most levelings are made with one particular skill that has enough damage to carry you at least through the first 75 levels. There are mostly no guides on how to level, because most of us know how to level our characters. In this case, the best would be using Word of Pain tree and focusing on elemental damage. You'll eventually see when your damage is kind of weak/solidly weak and you'll know you gotta re-build.
I am quite new to this class (I've never played inquisitor or night blade before) so it would be nice to see what people use at different levels. I mean, what's the priority and choice of devotions, what items are reasonable to get at that lvl, and so on.

Especially on hardcore, as any softcore levelling guide is almost useless.
Old 08-20-2018, 05:02 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
Rune of Hagarrad is also excellent for levelling. Great AoE and great shotgun/damage for Boss killing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by USER_NAME_01 View Post
WoP is way better, imo, because it has no cooldown and, arguably, more AoE. Also Rune of Hagarrad needs to arm if I remember correctly (actually used it only once the second day of AoM release, so I can be wrong here).
Word of Pain isn't bad at all for veteran/elite difficulties, however i started to use Rune of Haggarad on Ultimate and realy liked it. Awesome damage, that can help you to defeat any boss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasubo View Post
I am quite new to this class (I've never played inquisitor or night blade before) so it would be nice to see what people use at different levels. I mean, what's the priority and choice of devotions, what items are reasonable to get at that lvl, and so on.

Especially on hardcore, as any softcore levelling guide is almost useless.
I started with the Nightblade till lvl 20, learned Amarasta (lvl 8) + Night's Chill (lvl 4) + Pneumatic Burst (lvl 5), Ring of Steel (lvl 8 + upgrade for easier lvling) also 1 point to SS and BB. After that go for lvl 50 Inquisitor's to get Aura of Conviction (+ flat pierce dmg). About devotions, try to unlock active constelations asap, especially Giant + Chariott and resist reduction

Last edited by Yuukek; 08-20-2018 at 05:09 PM.

Tags
cold, infiltrator, melee