Old 07-13-2013, 08:31 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymer Morgrym View Post
The guy asked for it, imo, by waving his Godgiven self entitlement banner around:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godgiven View Post
I don't really want to give 50/85$ for a game I've never played and have no idea how it will feel to me

I think you guys should go BETA asap. Get more feedback from more people faster.
you don't know what "self entitlement" means do you ?

wanting to try something out before paying for it is not self entitlement

let's say you wanted to buy a car,
so you talk to friends, do some research, look at Consumer Reports and decide on the car you want

now you go to the dealer and say "I'm interested in buying this car. I'd like to take it for a test drive."

then the dealer says, "Test drive ? You actually want to try the car out before buying it ? That's quite a sense of self entitlement you have there."

Now at this point, do you walk out ?

or do you say, "You're right, what was I thinking ? I'm sorry. Here, take my money."
Old 07-13-2013, 08:56 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesL View Post

so you talk to friends, do some research, look at Consumer Reports and decide on the car you want

now you go to the dealer and say "I'm interested in buying this car. I'd like to take it for a test drive."

then the dealer says, "Test drive ? You actually want to try the car out before buying it ? That's quite a sense of self entitlement you have there."

or do you say, "You're right, what was I thinking ? I'm sorry. Here, take my money."
There's quite a large difference in a several thousand dollar purchase versus this, which is chump change in comparison.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:07 PM
Counsel

Ya know, I'd like the chance to play Grim Dawn in it's Beta form as much as anyone...BUT, I know how I am. I'm impatient when it comes to fixes, updates and additional content. I want to play, and I could have bought into Alpha, but I knew that I would develop a negative image of the game if allowed in too soon.

I'm content to wait for the time being, and I'm quite confident that, with the help of those currently playing alpha, that Grim Dawn in Beta will be awesome, not to mention when it goes full blown release.

Keep up the good work guys. I look forward to getting into the game when the time comes.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:43 PM
Icefire

Quote:

Yeah. buying a car and buying a video game are the exact same thing right? I own several thousand video games. I own ONE car. Great analogy there. And there IS a way to see what the game is like. It's called "Titan Quest." Which is what ten bucks now? Try it out. If you don't like that game you wont like Grim Dawn. Simple.
Old 07-13-2013, 10:48 PM
Initiate

Quote:

Following your lead.... if Godgiven went to the car dealer with the attitude he displayed in this thread, then he would say something like, " I'm interested in buying this car. I think you should let me take it to the coast for the weekend with a bunch of my deadshit friends and some scanky bitches who will no doubt leave all sorts of bodily fluid stains around the interior..... when i finish test driving it then i might think about buying it..... but i'll probably want that one over there instead, because this one is a filthy mess now....."
Old 07-13-2013, 11:33 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icefire View Post
Yeah. buying a car and buying a video game are the exact same thing right? I own several thousand video games. I own ONE car. Great analogy there. And there IS a way to see what the game is like. It's called "Titan Quest." Which is what ten bucks now? Try it out. If you don't like that game you wont like Grim Dawn. Simple.
Not to mention, TQ goes on sale like every month for 5 bucks...

And even then. No game lets try a demo of an alpha. None. Not even for beta. You don't get the privilege to test a test version for free, that only applies on MMOs for stress tests. GD doesn't need a stress test, it needs fixes and balance. Completely different situation.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #27  
Old 07-14-2013, 02:19 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Ok, common, really... did we have to bring bodily fluids into this?!

I'm closing this thread since it doesn't seem like it can go anywhere good from here.
Closed Thread

Tags
beta, development