Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-14-2018, 12:01 AM
Speaker

Default Most versatile class combos? (# of builds)

I'm planning to raise a new toon to 100 with all masteries/nemesis maxed, but want it to be something that can be respecced into several diverse builds. I already have a Witchblade, which currently has the most options in the Reasonably Powerful Builds thread (bleed/internal trauma/DEE etc.)

What are some other class combos with 4+ viable endgame options? Nemesis, secret bosses and Gladiator up to 150, I don't care about 170. Warder? Conjurer?

*Preferably with different playstyles, not like Cadence/Savagery

Last edited by yper23; 02-14-2018 at 12:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:25 AM
Banned User

Conjurer for sure, I think. I must admit I had never really thought about having a single character that can do lots of different things, I'm usually content to roll new ones for new build types. But I would definitely say Conjurer is one of the more versatile ones.

Warder is going to boil down to bleed, lightning/electrocute or phys/IT I think, and pretty LMB-smashy all the way with not much real variety in how you do the smashing. Might be a ranged warder build out there somewhere, but I don't think I've ever seen a caster warder. Hybrid pet warder maybe? Probably not a great idea, but who knows.

Last edited by Tycho; 02-14-2018 at 12:27 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:21 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
Conjurer for sure, I think. I must admit I had never really thought about having a single character that can do lots of different things, I'm usually content to roll new ones for new build types.
I'm asking because, for example, I started the Witchblade as a DEE caster...and found out at around level 50 that I didn't really enjoy it, at least not with the gear available. Respeccing to Blade Arc/CoF created one of my favorite characters so far, and it's still possible to experiment with other builds when that gets boring or all the items drop. The game doesn't really start til lvl 50 and farming Nemesis rep takes ages so it's nice to have a template available

jajaja's electrocute warder is closest to what I like and it's kinda casty...uses totems & wind devils along with 2h smashing.

Oh and another question: can a vitality conjurer actually deal decent damage now?

Last I checked there was barely any item support for vit storm totem, too

Last edited by yper23; 02-14-2018 at 02:14 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:18 AM
Lord Advocate

all dual class combo's are versatile in what you can play. As all classes have plenty of skills that you can combine in different ways. The more gear you have the more versatile the class combos become.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:20 AM
Speaker

I can't keep away from Pyromancer. Occultist has CoF and BoD which is good enough to pair it with anything. Demo has Flame Touched, Flashbang, and Blast shield...good enough to pair with anything once again in my experience.

The two classes together can make lots of pretty children...probably mostly with chaos and fire but not limited to those. It does multiple varieties of melee, ranged, casters and pets...and that's without accounting for any damage type conversions. I even did a DEE build as a pyromancer back before AoM cuz and it was more than fine.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:36 AM
Supporter

I also vote Conjurer. I have 3 going at the moment. In general I think the most versatile class is going to include Occultist as CoF is so good for so many builds. Besides that you have some strong spells, pets with auras, an aura, Blood of Dreeg, and so forth. Then Shaman has pet stuff, two different melee or ranged attacks, lightning, vitality, bleed possibilities, and some strong utility with the Mogdrogen line. Both classes also have very strong skills for activating devotions and item abilities.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:17 AM
Champion

Mage Hunters and Purifiers seem to be able to do anything and excel in everything. Conjurers are versatile, but they are not the best summoners, they are not the best Ultos builds, they are not the best vitality casters or totem casters. They are decent in a lot of stuff tho.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:26 AM
Ascendant

This might interest you

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67769

The main weapon needs to be farmed in Ugdenbog (if not then stick to Raka'Jax), you can do 150 with this (tested by someone else), Nemeses are definitely doable

The only things I can't guarantee are 170, Ravager and Mogdrogen

EDIT: (sorry didn't read your post )

Vindicator can be respec'd into various Gladiator viable playstyles. Caster, Ranged and DoT builds all are possible

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 02-14-2018 at 12:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:14 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
EDIT: (sorry didn't read your post )

Vindicator can be respec'd into various Gladiator viable playstyles. Caster, Ranged and DoT builds all are possible
You jerk I was going to say! That build looks fun, haven't used Inquisitor at all really...but yeah build variety is my main concern here. Maybe this should've been a poll.
Old 02-14-2018, 06:23 PM
Champion

Soldier can be played with a shield, and 2hed. With the primary abilities of Forcewave, cadence of blade arc. When I think versatile, I think about primary attacks and what you wield and Soldier is what popped into my head for a primary class. As far as the 2nd class choice, maybe inquisitor. You can build for a rune build, flames of ignaffar, dw ranged, 2h ranged and I've seen a Storm box of Elgoloth build.

Tactician will be good for:
1h/shield melee with cadence
2h melee with cadence
2h caster with forcewave
2h ranged using cadence and WPS's
dw ranged using cadence and WPS's
Runemaster builds (might not be the best with soldier)
Flames of Ignaffar with or without shield (the without isn't the most ideal)
Storm Box of Elgoloth, but again, soldier probably isn't the best 2nd class

To me, that seems to have the most real variety of play style.