Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Bug Reporting

Old 02-13-2018, 06:59 PM
Initiate

Default Massiv stuttering, game unplayable 1 FPS

Hello,

since yesterday i experience massiv stuttering, right after starting the game, playing with 1 FPS. Before i played grim dawn for over a year without any problems. I didnīt change anything. Sometimes (really sometimes) itīs working, after starting over and over again. Reinstalling helped just once. Other gpu and cpu intense games work perfectly fine, no problems at all. I tried disabling cloud, changing nvidia settings for vsync and triple buffering, best performance, as well as changing cpu affinity and patching graphics card... nothing helped so far. Looked everywhere for every little hint which might explain the problem... i am totally out of ideas. Hope you can help me.

Best regards,
Chris

My specs are:
Windows 10 Pro
ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1070 AMP! Edition 8GB GDDR5
MSI B350 TOMAHAWK B350
AMD Ryzen 5 1600X 3.60 GHz
3200 16GB Vengeance LPX rd K2 CORSAIR
2x SanDisk Ultra II SSD 480GB
Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 PM
Praetorian

There was no GD update, so this must be something on your end. Is the game maybe using the graphics of the CPU rather than the GPU ?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:06 PM
Praetorian

There hasn't been a GD patch this week so the problem is most likely something that changed on your end unrelated to the game.
Check for stuff like Windows updates, malware or coin miners running in the background.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:07 PM
Super Moderator

Since nothing has changed in the game since yesterday the question is what did you do to your computer that may have changed something? Put on a new programme? Added a piece of hardware? Is the GPU fan working properly?
Old 02-13-2018, 07:27 PM
Initiate

I didnīt change anything since yesterday evening. No windows updates, no malware, no coin mining, no new programs, no added new hardware, gpu is working just fine, checked every gpu related game on my pc, no problems. To sum it up, i didnīt do anything, except for playing grim dawn and bf1 like usual.
The only thing i would like to check is, if grim dawn is using cpu graphics. how can i check and change this? i also have the feeling, since the gpu load is almost to 1% when grim dawn is running. Oh and i donīt have a laptop.

Last edited by Raigoun; 02-13-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:40 PM
Praetorian

Definitely odd that it just started out of nowhere after a year. I'd advise opening Task Manager while the game is running and start taking a long hard look at your running processes and start closing any that you know aren't system related. Web browsers with lots of tabs open would be a good culprit to ensure is closed when experiencing issues. Other than that just begin closing anything you can verify is safe to close. If in doubt about a certain process just do a Google search to determine what a process may or may not be.
Old 02-13-2018, 07:57 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
Definitely odd that it just started out of nowhere after a year. I'd advise opening Task Manager while the game is running and start taking a long hard look at your running processes and start closing any that you know aren't system related. Web browsers with lots of tabs open would be a good culprit to ensure is closed when experiencing issues. Other than that just begin closing anything you can verify is safe to close. If in doubt about a certain process just do a Google search to determine what a process may or may not be.
Thanks, such a simple idea, i didnīt think of it. Looks like it was Voice Meter Banana... which i installed 4 days ago. Still very strange, that the problem occured right now and only when i start my pc with VMB. I was even using both programs together a few days ago and recorded some video footage, which makes it even more odd. When i start VBM while the game is runing, no problem at all... so wierd.
Thank you for you help/ tip .

Tags
stuttering