Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Old 12-05-2017, 10:58 PM
Herald

This topic was discussed a while back at Anandtech and the general consensus was the majority of players who experience crashes constantly lie solely on the user's end. Meaning, either they installed hardware that is bottlenecking their system. They refuse to clean their PC which causes overheating. They run multiple applications in the background which cause conflicts. They try to stream when their PCs aren't capable of handling the load. Overloading their games with mods or using mods that cause conflicts... So on and so fourth.

I can't remember the last game (unmodded) that crashed consistently like you hear from some people about various games. The only exception is Hero Siege right after a major update (like the one that released yesterday) but those developers are lazy and refuse to test their patches before they release them. Give it a month or two and all the major fatal errors are ironed out and I'm back to no crashes.

There's always those games (looking at you Bethesda) which are famous for bugs/glitches/CTDs, but over the years players have found out how to prevent most of these from happening (ie. disable auto-saves). I'd be willing to bet that most of the people who are vocal about constant crashes are responsible for the crashes.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM
Supporter

Grim Dawn has never crashed for me. Not even way back in Early Access.

My computer has frozen maybe twice, ever. (since I bought the cpu/motherboard back in Nov '09)

The only CTD I've had in remotely recent memory was one time when I was changing Dota 2's video option from Direct3D to Vulcan....