Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 05-15-2018, 02:31 AM
Initiate

Hey all! Thanks so much for your words of encouragement. We've surpassed our Kickstarter goal and now have ~55 hours to go

Clarifying a few things:
- We will have offline play - these characters will not be able to interact with online characters to prevent cheating
- The odd funding in the graphics is due to some of our amazing family and friends donating. We're very fortunate to have loved ones who have been so supportive the entire way through.
- Powbam - we would never expect Crate, the company, to back us on KS haha . Maybe someone in their team has personally I'd love for us to grow and do some cross promotional stuff with them in the future. Though, right now, it would just be a handout on their part. We're still small <')))><

Thanks again everyone. See you guys in Eterra and in Cairn!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:13 AM
Supporter

The game looks really promising and you guys seem very passionate about this project. I made my little contribution (I'd like to contribute with more but the dollar price in my country has been rising like crazy recently). Hope you reach the highest goal!
Old 05-15-2018, 03:15 AM
Praetorian

Hm, having just tried your guys' demo from the kickstarter page, I think with some polish and fleshing out I think your team will be able to carve out a market for this game. I'll be honest though I was incredibly skeptical about this game when you first made this topic.

the skill specialization system reminds me a ton of Sacred 1 and 2's skill modification system, though your's has a bit more depth of customization.

having stored charges of health potions is a bit like Path of Exile, but after playing Grim Dawn and having characters who end up with hundreds of potions on them, this system is starting to appeal to me.

the passive skill axis I feel is a better take on a passive skill tree, there's less clutter and it's fairly straightforward.

Void Knight being able to pull a Tracer is a neat concept and one that I don't recall any other ARPG doing, at least the ones that I played. the tactical uses that skill has is incredible.

I'll probably try the other classes at some point as well but so far the game has made a good impression on me.
Old 05-15-2018, 05:57 PM
Supporter

I'm so happy for them that they got their kickstarter funded. Let's hope they can flesh it out to a nice ARPG.
Infernal Sorcerer - Level 85
Satanic Witchblade - Level 80
Old 05-16-2018, 09:43 PM
Praetorian

Played the demo for a bit today after advertising the game around, and gotta say, quite impressive for a pre-alpha. Very addictive and fun. It's neat how much time-manipulation has an effect on gameplay, and not just setting/lore. Some of the unique items leave a bit to be desired, though.

The combat system doesn't especially bring anything new to the table, but the skill, passive, and crafting systems are quite refreshing.

Also has a built-in Crucible-like mode, but I haven't found it to be too rewarding for loot. Good way to get a lot of XP, though.

Very happy the Kickstarter succeeded and to have backed it early. Looking forward to some more grinding and to the finished product!
Old 05-17-2018, 02:51 AM
Counsel

I managed to only learn about this game via a ZiggyD tweet today. Gave the demo a try, and like some others here, was pleasantly surprised. Grabbing the Alpha tier last minute. Congratulations and best of luck moving forward!
Old 10-16-2018, 02:15 AM
Counsel

Please, release a DRM-free version of it. I would buy one.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:22 AM
Initiate

looks great!!

does the demo has controller support yet?
Old 10-17-2018, 08:39 AM
Supporter

The demo doesn't have the controller support and won't have it.
They stopped updating the pre-alpha demo once they started working on the alpha version of the game.

Alpha version doesn't have controller support yet.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:52 AM
Counsel

Does anyone know if this will be a POE style game where you have to trade and interact with the community?