Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 09-23-2018, 08:56 AM
Counsel

Kregs isn't as easy to get as it is often made to be. Luck plays a big part.

I got lucky and got both drops in the fleshworks quickly. However it took me probably ~200+ runs on Valaxteria to get the shoulders.

She has a 3.5% chance to drop.

It just happened that I was really looking for Alex (has something like 4 or 5 spawn points in that general area)...so I wasn't bothered.

But had it taken 200 runs to get something from Fleshweaver kreig (4%), I would not have been happy to do the much longer fleshworks so often.

TLDR: I think the older crew tend to trivialize this.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:00 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammyhamster1 View Post
Kregs isn't as easy to get as it is often made to be. Luck plays a big part.

I got lucky and got both drops in the fleshworks quickly. However it took me probably ~200+ runs on Valaxteria to get the shoulders.

She has a 3.5% chance to drop.

It just happened that I was really looking for Alex (has something like 4 or 5 spawn points in that general area)...so I wasn't bothered.

But had it taken 200 runs to get something from Fleshweaver kreig (4%), I would not have been happy to do the much longer fleshworks so often.

TLDR: I think the older crew tend to trivialize this.
Of course luck plays a huge role. But I have done a sound simulation for confidence levels obtaining full set, assuming 5 min run and 4 min if you already have Krieg boots from Terrnox. The 95% CL is about 3 hours, meaning that in the limit large number of players do these runs, 95% will have full set in about 3 hours or less (I still have to check once again, before I publish any results). There will always be a few lucky bastards that have it after 10 min and a few that still don't have it even after 20 hours :P

But even so, you might get 6 shoulders and 0 gloves, and another dude might get 0 shoulders and 6 gloves - meaning that trading is a viable and intentional option!

EDIT: yes the reason why I have so many Krieg pieces is due to Aleksander and that I want to try something with one of Terrnox tomes :P
Old 09-23-2018, 09:03 AM
Counsel

I think you should outfit a character with gear appropriate to someone who is looking for kriegs as a first set and see if your time brackets are indeed appropriate for the fleshworks.

Plus...if you have already killed the 3 bosses of the fleshworks, you might as well kill the Fleshweaver for more loot.

Last edited by hammyhamster1; 09-23-2018 at 09:05 AM.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:15 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammyhamster1 View Post
I think you should outfit a character with gear appropriate to someone who is looking for kriegs as a first set and see if your time brackets are indeed appropriate for the fleshworks.

Plus...if you have already killed the 3 bosses of the fleshworks, you might as well kill the Fleshweaver for more loot.
I used a sub-optimal char to get benchmark times, but it is easy to scale the result to whatever run times you might have

But you can do the runs on elite, I think if you are level 93 or higher, then Krieg set can drop in Elite. You will also get loads of negative reputation for the Athereal Vanguards, meaning you have a big chance of bumping into Aleksander doing these runs.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Initiate

Tricky thread. Getting items is attached to RNG. I didn't want to end up talking about % of finding an item.

Well I suppose that items will still favour certain builds just because developers want it. Do you want to play 2H Bone Harvest because there's a skill that in fact buffs it? No worries, we will include 0 item customization for a 2H melee Necromancer. Oh, but if you "farm" Krieg's set you can go all in Aether (just because we want) and somehow manage to fulfill your desires.
Anyway, don't forget that going full tank with that OP item skill will be safer to play and will do more damage.

Good luck. I resign. Pd: I don't use to farm Fleshworks but I've maybe killed Valaxteria and Krieg several times getting the typical Fire/Aether boring pieces. That's why I've started a pair of games based on what items I have and not on what I find funny to play.

Have a good day.

Edit: Just one off-topic doubt... in every forum or site I go in, there's always the same answer: farming for a specific item is useless.
But now, Krieg's set seems to have better drop chances in some specific bosses.
So my question is, does anyone know where could I find Uroboruuk pieces?

Last edited by JKoala; 09-23-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 09-23-2018, 02:31 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKoala View Post
Tricky thread. Getting items is attached to RNG. I didn't want to end up talking about % of finding an item.

Well I suppose that items will still favour certain builds just because developers want it. Do you want to play 2H Bone Harvest because there's a skill that in fact buffs it? No worries, we will include 0 item customization for a 2H melee Necromancer. Oh, but if you "farm" Krieg's set you can go all in Aether (just because we want) and somehow manage to fulfill your desires.
Anyway, don't forget that going full tank with that OP item skill will be safer to play and will do more damage.

Good luck. I resign. Pd: I don't use to farm Fleshworks but I've maybe killed Valaxteria and Krieg several times getting the typical Fire/Aether boring pieces. That's why I've started a pair of games based on what items I have and not on what I find funny to play.

Have a good day.

Edit: Just one off-topic doubt... in every forum or site I go in, there's always the same answer: farming for a specific item is useless.
But now, Krieg's set seems to have better drop chances in some specific bosses.
So my question is, does anyone know where could I find Uroboruuk pieces?
Well one could say that even though Grim Dawn has an extreme amount of "viable" build variations for end/late game, there is of course always more items ans such that can be added for even more build variation. There will be "loads" of new items in the Forgotten Gods. But keep in mind that by just adding one item, devs need to make sure that "everything" becomes balanced.

There are plenty of 2H Necromancer based end-game "viable" builds btw.

Yes in Grim Dawn, there are Monster Infrequent items (MI) that only drops from certain monsters. Some of those are rare (green), meaning that they can also get up to two affixes (one prefix, one suffix) and also there are blue (epic) and purple (legendaries) MI's aswell. Here you can see them all and from whom they can drop https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/mi (you can sort on rare, epic, legendaries also)

Items in the Uroboruuk set are a random drops though.

RNG based games are not for everyone. My idea is that perhaps the quest rewards that grant legendary item could be drawn from a pool of items that "fits" that particular characters choice of masteries? But then someone will reply "you can always trade", so we are back at square one.
Old 09-23-2018, 03:42 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by malawiglenn View Post
Well one could say that even though Grim Dawn has an extreme amount of "viable" build variations for end/late game, there is of course always more items ans such that can be added for even more build variation. There will be "loads" of new items in the Forgotten Gods. But keep in mind that by just adding one item, devs need to make sure that "everything" becomes balanced.

There are plenty of 2H Necromancer based end-game "viable" builds btw.

Yes in Grim Dawn, there are Monster Infrequent items (MI) that only drops from certain monsters. Some of those are rare (green), meaning that they can also get up to two affixes (one prefix, one suffix) and also there are blue (epic) and purple (legendaries) MI's aswell. Here you can see them all and from whom they can drop https://www.grimtools.com/db/items/mi (you can sort on rare, epic, legendaries also)

Items in the Uroboruuk set are a random drops though.

RNG based games are not for everyone. My idea is that perhaps the quest rewards that grant legendary item could be drawn from a pool of items that "fits" that particular characters choice of masteries? But then someone will reply "you can always trade", so we are back at square one.

Not fair some pieces are completely random and other you can somehow hunt for them. Anyway yeah, trade will always be a solution.
I hope I have some wanted items, will look for it on trade threads. And yes, some quests could provide useful items for your current character.
Don't want to start a comparison but there are plenty of RNG ARPGs that give you choices or drop items based on your main stats.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:07 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKoala View Post
Not fair some pieces are completely random and other you can somehow hunt for them. Anyway yeah, trade will always be a solution.
I hope I have some wanted items, will look for it on trade threads. And yes, some quests could provide useful items for your current character.
Don't want to start a comparison but there are plenty of RNG ARPGs that give you choices or drop items based on your main stats.
Yeah it would be cool if some of the new sets will also be MI. The items you can buy from the faction vendors are also actually pretty good stuff.

Yup, Diablo III for instance. But there you have like no trade (legendary and set items are account-bound).

Let me know if you want that Krieg set btw, or other good pieces for soldier-based builds. You can have them like for free :P