Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 02-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Initiate

Sorry I keep posting here, but I don't know where to put this, and can't find anything on this.

In the Build Compendium, you list 3 skills/abilities as "passive," even though they look like skills/abilities that could also be active.

How do you make skills/abilities passive. I see they all have one thing in common, and that's the statement about "toggling."

How do you toggle a skill, and does it have to be toggled every so often, or only once the game starts.

Thanks for the help.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:41 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor22 View Post
Sorry I keep posting here, but I don't know where to put this, and can't find anything on this.

In the Build Compendium, you list 3 skills/abilities as "passive," even though they look like skills/abilities that could also be active.

How do you make skills/abilities passive. I see they all have one thing in common, and that's the statement about "toggling."

How do you toggle a skill, and does it have to be toggled every so often, or only once the game starts.

Thanks for the help.
Hmm, those "passives" are actually auras

Permanent auras that once toggled remain active till you either die or till the next game session

If an Aura "x" is assigned to slot 1 (you click on the slot to pick the skill you want in the slot)
Then to activate aura in slot 1 in press "1" (default key, can be changed in settings)

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 02-25-2017, 03:14 PM
Initiate

Thank you.
Old 02-27-2017, 08:11 PM
Ascendant

Hey PrinceXavier i actually scouted all the location you suggested and turned settings to max in those locations and tried every camera angle. The ones that were helpful have been used in recent guides

But the rest were kinda, meh. Anymore suggestions for cool looking screenshots? (I have a Cool build and the only reason I can't post it cause i can't find a good screenshot location)

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 02-27-2017 at 08:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2017, 11:41 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Hey PrinceXavier i actually scouted all the location you suggested and turned settings to max in those locations and tried every camera angle. The ones that were helpful have been used in recent guides

But the rest were kinda, meh. Anymore suggestions for cool looking screenshots? (I have a Cool build and the only reason I can't post it cause i can't find a good screenshot location)
i dont know about you but I have a fetish for hanging people..

there is a cool spot in the east marsh just north of balegor the swamp king's throne ( you can also try balegor's throne).. the dead bodies are so close to the ground that it's easy to capture them with your SS.

or you can visit the bonehunter kaliska at the end of east marsh where giant bones lay around!
Old 02-28-2017, 11:54 AM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceXavieR View Post
i dont know about you but I have a fetish for hanging people..

there is a cool spot in the east marsh just north of balegor the swamp king's throne ( you can also try balegor's throne).. the dead bodies are so close to the ground that it's easy to capture them with your SS.

or you can visit the bonehunter kaliska at the end of east marsh where giant bones lay around!
Will try those spots, thanks again

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 03-19-2017, 08:37 PM
Ascendant

Important update since it helps Aetherial kill speed which frankly felt a little low to me before this

This build needs more support from the game side as Pistol Aether itself is pretty underdeveloped even though i find Empowered Soulflayer to be pretty awesome pistols

-Skill distribution change
-Lost some OA but improved damage considerably by adding more RR
-Devotion binding change

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Last edited by Chthon; 03-19-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2017, 06:51 PM
Initiate

What do you mean by "Aether Tendril"? Is that a skill? I cannot find it anywhere....
Old 09-27-2017, 07:02 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fetzenbankert View Post
What do you mean by "Aether Tendril"? Is that a skill? I cannot find it anywhere....
Granted by Aethersteel Bolts component.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:35 PM
Ascendant

I have started the process of updating my guides. The Grimtool link for the updated version has been added

Please notify me if any of the links is broken in any way

For now it's only the GrimTool Links. I don't have too much time at the moment but will update the write-up at some point. I have around 20+ other build guides to tend to so I am sure you guys can understand

Update:

Level 100 GT Link for Battlemage added

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!

Tags
aether, battlemage, cadence, dual pistol, ranged aether