Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2016, 06:35 PM
Campaigner

You could add one point in Markovian's Advantage which in combination with your +skills will provide a reasonable buff to your default attacks in between Cadence and Blade Arc for just one skill point.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:11 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dank Rafft View Post
You could add one point in Markovian's Advantage which in combination with your +skills will provide a reasonable buff to your default attacks in between Cadence and Blade Arc for just one skill point.
markovian is slightly slower animation - i think the main reason I would want it is for the -DA

when using stonefist you already have a source of -DA

I would get markovian if i didn't have -DA elsewhere. as for the attack itself, the %extra dmg is not %modified, so its not that much stronger than a autoattack, but its not bad. its reasonable either way imo.
Old 02-20-2016, 07:36 PM
Counsel

I guess you just avoid any enemies dealing Aether damage with this build then?
Old 02-20-2016, 07:38 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajaja View Post
markovian is slightly slower animation
That's correct but the additional damage could outweight that. At 3/12 (just the bonus from Stonefist Puke) you already get +35% All Damage and +26 Physical Damage. Just the flat damage is ~10% more base damage than a default attack.
Now the questions is: How much slower is the animation of MA compared to the default attack? I think I'll record a video and count it frame by frame.

Quote:
as for the attack itself, the %extra dmg is not %modified
What do you mean by that?
Old 02-20-2016, 11:46 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsboss View Post
I guess you just avoid any enemies dealing Aether damage with this build then?
aether damage is weak u dont need to avoid them... just kill them. this build is so tanky and with lots of regen, even without aether resist, vast majority of aether damage is easily shrugged off.

the only aether enemy i can think of that you actually need aether resist is aetherial amalgamation.
Old 02-21-2016, 01:53 AM
Counsel

well it's great if all u ever want to do is run through BoC, but -25% Aether resist is hardly viable if u ever want to farm Aetherial Nemesis, but then, u may end up running in to Loxmere Nightmage
Old 02-21-2016, 02:44 AM
Emissary

Quote:
well it's great if all u ever want to do is run through BoC, but -25% Aether resist is hardly viable if u ever want to farm Aetherial Nemesis, but then, u may end up running in to Loxmere Nightmage
as i said you simply need to swap aether resist gear if u need to farm aether stuff. the dmg is just so limited in most situations that gearing for it when you aren't farm the limited number of big aether damage areas seems a bit of waste.

this has nothing to do with the build, only gearing. like i said gearing is flexible, adjust for the situation.
if you are going to farm aetherial nemesis then obviously swap in aether resist. i don't see how this is such a big point of contention

are you sure loxmere does aether damage as a big source? he is "aetherial" but he doesn't look like he does aether damage.

Last edited by jajaja; 02-21-2016 at 02:53 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:13 AM
Counsel

Quote:
are you sure loxmere does aether damage as a big source? he is "aetherial" but he doesn't look like he does aether damage.
no...Loxmere doesn't do Aether damage at all, just hangs out in places that you would have to go to find Aether damage...and from what I hear, you don't like Loxmere )))

kudos with the build, great to see viable 2H builds, I just don't like having to carry around different sets of equipment for different occasions!
Old 02-21-2016, 03:19 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
According to the game files he's primarily dealing piercing and cold damage.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:33 AM
Emissary

Quote:
no...Loxmere doesn't do Aether damage at all, just hangs out in places that you would have to go to find Aether damage...and from what I hear, you don't like Loxmere )))

kudos with the build, great to see viable 2H builds, I just don't like having to carry around different sets of equipment for different occasions!
if ur gear is good enough such that you can keep all resist maxed without severely gimping urself, by all means.

my gear isn't at that point yet so i wanted to give up something for higher efficiency and aether resist was the thing that was ok to give up in most of the areas I was farming in.

good to hear loxmere isn't aether dmg. his strong against builds that uses alot of buffs, and random bursty stuff is pretty gay in HC - i have yet to meet him traveling from inner necropolis way point (2nd floor) to BoC though.

Last edited by jajaja; 02-21-2016 at 03:40 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
battlemage, blade arc, cadence, hardcore, ultimate