Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 11-29-2017, 01:04 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
Devotion wise, i would bind ""Assassins Mark" on Cadence. It would be more effective against bosses. If you want you can leave out the points in "Scales of Ulcama" and use a Arcane Spark and use those points somewhere else.

For the skill tree, i would try to get ""Fighting Form" to 12 points for that extra +1 target. If your having trouble you need some better poison resist and you could add some more points to "War Cry" so that it reduced enemies damage even more.

For the rest you just need some better gear especially set items for those bonuses (Markovian or Warborn).
Thanks for the reply, any feedback is helpful.

I read from Drizzto's guide that Olreon's Rage on cadence was the only way it's worth it. So far Olreon's Rage procs and the anvil have been my main AoE. With some coming from blitz spam.

My posion is capped and actually over by some amount when Blood of Dreeg is up, due to the guardian passive behind it. Gives like 80 or some high posion res and it's always up. I try to save it as a heal but if the buff is close to running out I just hit it.

As for devotions, I did take out scales when I tried out bard's harp, but then my life felt very spikey. I thought maybe the life leech from it is what went wrong. I'll see about removing them and what I can take in it's place.

I will get some points into warcry, but as to fighting form, I had thought that many point investment wouldn't be worth it without a decent amount of +all skills in soldier.

would 10 points just to get 1 extra target be that strong?

What devotions do you think I should consider if I drop scales? or possibly Olreon too, if I rebind Assassin's Mark to cadence.

I guess a lot of my issue is not having any Warborm or Markovian set pieces drop for me
Old 11-29-2017, 06:02 AM
Herald

Ooh yeah i forgot about Blood of Dreeg.

About Blind Fury i have it bound to Blitz. If you favor more AoE than i suppose having it on Cadence is fine. But as i said putting Assassins Mark on Cadence is better against bosses. So u would suggest to keep the constellation and it's up to you if you want to keep that point into Blind Fury.

For putting your remaining devotion points, i would suggest using them in Targo the Builder and use Shield Wall on War Cry. At max rank it gives 35% more armor and 150% more shield damage blocked for 5 seconds.

About Fighting Form it just depends if you are having trouble getting swarmed by enemies. Having that extra + 1 target means doing about 33% more dps.

Last edited by Mauricius; 11-29-2017 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-29-2017, 09:55 AM
Initiate

I am thinking of maybe doing a complete overhaul of the devotions to something more defensive.

Like this: /r2BoXabV

I also redid my skill tree to max break moral for the flat -phys resist because Olreon's Rage will be gone and no longer providing any.

I was concerned about the low OA, so I picked up hawk and traded stag for panther. I first did not grab hawk and used the 3 points elsewhere. 1 in Obelisk for the armor/DA and 2 in Tree of Life for the % health and % regen.

I really liked the DA and dmg given by Rhoawn's Scepter so I made sure to factor that in. The mace of Warborn would benefit greatly from it.

I initially wanted to get Vire, The Stone Matron along with everything else but fitting that much purple was a little too hard and looking at the build up stats, it was lackluster with Obelisk and other defensive stuff already.

I did want a lot of AoE and was unsure where to get it so I grabbed Targo's Hammer. I figure I will block a lot with the new passives and it will be going off a lot.

Haven't respeced just yet, devotion or skill wise, wanted to get some thoughts before I do so.

Is having a loss of ~200 OA for ~200 DA a bad choice?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:33 PM
Supporter

The build's performance without the full Warborn set is just very underwhelming, that's all, you are probably doing nothing wrong. And maybe even with it, it is kinda far from the very top builds. I've played a lot my Cadence Witchblade, I had no complete Warborn or Markovian set, and I had struggles completing even Challenger Crucible, and both the clear speed and the survivabilty at the end game was a bit lackluster. So because no Mythical Warborn or Markovian set pieces dropped after weeks of farming, I've decided to respec this char into somehing else (Thanks to MortalKombat!), which I had a lot more items to support. I have a lot more fun with it, and no issues completing any current game content, including Gladiator Crucible. A lot faster clear speed and a lot better survivability = a lot more fun. This is my current build:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/Q2zKWnLV
Old 11-30-2017, 02:30 AM
Initiate

I just realize the last link was a old link..

Here is the actual "new" build I am thinking of going. Has new devotion and new skill point allocation, let me know what you think.

Grim tools (yay I can post links) : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23nYzYN

Only issue with my current gear is the Low OA, but I guess it'll only affect how often assassin's mark is up since I no longer have Olreon's Rage.
Old 11-30-2017, 03:18 AM
Supporter

Low OA means you hit less and you crit less, so you have a lot lower damage overall. It is especially noticable against bosses or any enemy with higher defensive ability and physical resistance. Otherwise your build looks cool as a "budget" version, you'll see how you can progress, as I told, I had a lot better gear, and still had some issues. But that doesn't mean that the build I posted will work better with "budget" gear, all builds need good items to really shine.
Old 12-01-2017, 06:54 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybeirus View Post
I just realize the last link was a old link..

Here is the actual "new" build I am thinking of going. Has new devotion and new skill point allocation, let me know what you think.

Grim tools (yay I can post links) : http://www.grimtools.com/calc/m23nYzYN

Only issue with my current gear is the Low OA, but I guess it'll only affect how often assassin's mark is up since I no longer have Olreon's Rage.

Devotion wise i would recommend a more offensive setup. Something like this: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/YZeYgJXZ

It is a matter of good balance between OA and DA. Having a to low OA would mean it takes longer to kill something. And by that you are taking damage longer.

For the skill tree i personally take some points out of Blitz and put them in War Cry and a few more in Menhir's Will. As i said previously i myself would put Fighting Form at 12/12 for that extra target. As a relic i think Juggernaut is a better choice due the +1 to all skills in Soldier.

Last edited by Mauricius; 12-01-2017 at 07:22 AM.
Old 12-19-2017, 03:02 PM
Initiate

Default Devotion Questions

Quote:
basically pop CoF and bladearc away.
start with falconswoop/hawk, then lizard to get kraken. afterwards slowly work ur way up to oleron, getting dryad/assassins blade on the way to level those skill.

Had question about devotions, still a little fuzzy on some of this. Is the Kraken discarded later? It is not in the devotions shown in the Grimtools for the build.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:47 AM
Herald

Any thoughts on making this build better against the new crucible changed? haven't gotten much time to play but i did completed Challenger difficulty on wave 170. I did used 4 blessings and a potion. wasn't to much trouble only Aleksander can be annoying with his meteors while fighting other nemesis's.

So i can imagine that Gladiator would really be insane from around wave 150 and higher.

Theocrafting on some changes and had something like this in mind: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/vNQ9pXEN dropped Oleron for Obelisk.
Maybe switch Stag for Ulo.

My previous build that am trying to make was either on of these:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlM7LbZ
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BoBnkV

So switching rings and belt. Maybe using Mythical Arcane Harmony Leggings for the 100% Skill Disruption Protection[/url]. And swithing some skills points in either "Overguard" or "Menhir's Will".

Will change the medal for a good rolled Ikrix Scale or Rylok Crest.

Any thoughts ?

Last edited by Mauricius; 12-22-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:10 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauricius View Post
Any thoughts on making this build better against the new crucible changed? haven't gotten much time to play but i did completed Challenger difficulty on wave 170. I did used 4 blessings and a potion. wasn't to much trouble only Aleksander can be annoying with his meteors while fighting other nemesis's.

So i can imagine that Gladiator would really be insane from around wave 150 and higher.

Theocrafting on some changes and had something like this in mind: http://www.grimtools.com/calc/pZrl8OG2 dropped Oleron for Obelisk.

My previous build that am trying to make was either on of these:
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVlM7LbZ
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/r2BoBnkV

So switching rings and belt. Maybe using Mythical Arcane Harmony Leggings for the 100% Skill Disruption Protection[/url]. And swithing some skills points in either "Overguard" or "Menhir's Will".

Will change the medal for a good rolled Ikrix Scale or Rylok Crest.

Any thoughts ?
You can use Possession instead of Menhir's Bulwark, to get skill disruption resist.

My build/guide:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64706

Tags
blitz, cadence, facetank, unkillable, witchblade