Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 04:04 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyPotter View Post
Thanks for all the ideas guys, now it makes more sense to build cadence with ranged builds, I'm thinking into 3 types of dual pistols, an elemental battlemage, a physical commando and a physical/littlechaos witchblade
I have a mid-20s ranged DW Cadence going. It feels okay. Brings a new meaning to "lining up the perfect shot." Still not sure when I want to go with it; Battlemage with Discord could be nice, but a part of me really wants physical. Best for that would probably be Commando, but I would feel silly not going Fire Strike instead. Not having many ranged physical Devotion options doesn't help.

Good luck!
Old 03-13-2016, 06:06 PM
Initiate

Fortunately there's abundant sources of Physical damage in gear. Death Dealer's Side Arm is ideal. Carrying two would give +2 to Cadence and +2 to all soldier skills (so Cadence would be at 20). Havoc I think looks interesting too, but I'd actually want to get my hands on one to toy with it before praising its laurels.

On the two handed side of things, Silverbolt is a nice weapon if you want to extend Physical damage into Piercing damage. Gutripper for Bleeding (+3 to fighting form and deadly momentum).

Really for a ranged Commando using Cadence there's the entire Valdun gear set, which is catered towards using Cadence rather than Firestrike and the bonus' are nice.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:49 PM
Acolyte

yeah, its strange to see that fire strike is good for both physical and elemental damage, I made some calculations and 3 fire strikes with explosive strike has a little over the same physical damage as 2 normal hits and 1 cadence, but factoring the weapon damage fire strike gets the edge with 450% wep dmg instead of 435% of cadence, but I think that cadence hits everybody with the same dmg and fire strike just hits 30% to nearby enemies, maybe thats the balancing factor
Old 03-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Acolyte

I just thought a little more, maybe cadence is stronger towards dual wield and fire strike with searing strike towards two handed
Old 03-15-2016, 05:24 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyPotter View Post
but I think that cadence hits everybody with the same dmg and fire strike just hits 30% to nearby enemies
While Fire Strike (Explosive Strike) deals the AoE damage only when wielding a ranged weapon.

German GD Tutorial Videos:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34137
Closed Thread

Tags
bleed, cadence, savagery