Old Today, 12:31 AM
Praetorian

Why do you say there are evil factions ? There are factions that are always your enemy, that is not the same thing...

As to blessed items, there are enough cults that can do so
Old Today, 01:14 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
Why do you say there are evil factions ? There are factions that are always your enemy, that is not the same thing...

As to blessed items, there are enough cults that can do so
That's the kind of language the game uses. Purity vs. Corruption. Sanctified vs. Desecrated. Holy vs. Unholy. Good vs. Evil. The lore and flavor texts for items are brimming with this kind of language. And the Corruption/Desecration/Unholy/Evil language is associated with Chthonics, Aetherials, and sometimes Undead. The Purity/Sanctified/Holy/Good language is associated with... well, being anti-Chthonics/Aetherials etc.. Sometimes its Menhir, sometimes Ishtak, sometimes something vague like "faith" or "light."

I'm not here to debate whether all the enemy factions are really good or evil. I'm just saying that the aforementioned "something vague" could be developed in a way that's interesting and that fits in to the lore.
Old Today, 02:00 AM
Supporter

And for the witch gods the three (this is just an 'aside') I would like it if the lore were more ambiguous on how 'corrupt' they are. I get a 'Carlos Castanada Don Juan' vibe from them moreso than I am interested in that human sacrifice or power at any cost or what have you. But that's just me.

Last edited by claudius; Today at 02:08 AM.
Old Today, 02:37 AM
Initiate

Eh. It's a little boring of a choice, especially since a lot of things you'd expect a necromancer to do are already covered by other masteries. That said, I do realize that it's mostly my personal preference speaking.

Hopefully necro can make everyone who was excited for it happy, while also actually having skills that are interesting compared to everything else.
Old Today, 06:54 AM
Speaker

Why are the summoned skeletons temporary? Is there a reason for it? I saw the developer stream where the summoned skeletons only lasted for 20 seconds. 20 seconds? That makes me not want to play a summoner necro.

Tags
grim misadventure