Old 03-12-2018, 06:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by el critico View Post
if the first loading screen was an occultist, current one is a necro?, can we safely assume that the new loading screen man is a reference to a new mastery?
I doubt it since this was the screenshot when Necromancer mastery was introduced.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52416

I just realised the real reason for announcing a 2nd expansion. It's because Medierra's still writing the Crate story which was part of the Kickstarter goals and the only one outstanding now I think. He's got writer's block so having a 2nd expansion gives him more time to get over the block - plus adds a new chapter to the story. Sneaky dev.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Initiate

Cool

Awesome news! You guys are sure working fast oO

On topic of loading screen, can we keep the pretty scary lady from Malmouth? (yes I'm weird)

Last edited by Velcharis; 03-12-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 04:30 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velcharis View Post
Awesome news! You guys are sure working fast oO

On topic of loading screen, can we keep the pretty scary lady from Malmouth?
If it's going to be Eldritch themed then a wallpaper of The Three or of Golgoran, The Abomination should be used for the loading screen. Even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's wallpaper on the first page of this thread wouldn't cut it imo.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 03-12-2018, 04:39 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
If it's going to be Eldritch themed then a wallpaper of The Three or of Golgoran, The Abomination should be used for the loading screen. Even Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's wallpaper on the first page of this thread wouldn't cut it imo.
Hah! Alright, to see what the 3 actually look like would be curious indeed... even if the codex entries in-game suggest entirely different things
Old 03-12-2018, 08:32 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
be sure to stay tuned for future Grim Misadventures as we return to our regular bi-weekly update schedule.
you misspelled daily. *harumph*

also HOW MANY NEW MASTERIES will there be or what does "new powers" allude to?!

basically, i need a complete video of what you got right nao. build... i mean build...

Last edited by durruti; 03-12-2018 at 08:41 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 08:19 AM
Initiate

I am so excited, this is becoming one of the best action RPG I played.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:52 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrocMagnum View Post
Woah! That's some news! ^^ Just 2 remarks:

- who did that awesome keyart poster for Forgotten Gods? I dig it,

- I'm one of those who enjoys "desert landscapes" in a hach'n'slash. And I noticed those level had some incredible music:

# Luth Gholein in Diablo 2 had an amazing, haunting, music,

# The Mana Wastes in Torchlight 2 had great music too (same composer for both: Matt Uelmen),

So no pressure on the composer, hey.
That was my favourite act of Torchlight2 too, and I loved the varied enemies, from the mechanically augmented energy mummies to the various undead, desert creatures, manticores...
Old 03-13-2018, 03:04 PM
Herald

I like it a lot!
The desert choice is perfect for the idea of gods! It makes me think about egypt/greece/roman

I wonder if the bounty system will be reworked a bit too. Not change it all, but add something to it to make them interesting to do (nice loot at the end of making many bounties for exemple). Adding bounties like killing a Nemesis could be added too... ect!
Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldrach View Post
Wish "quality of life" would include closed online servers with seasons...but thats just me dreaming i guess :P
This.

In my opinion, as a company, they should invest the money they make in hiring people to make closed servers with seasons. This is (I believe) the moment where the game will be able to expand its playerbase to the moon.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:53 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenixer View Post
This.

In my opinion, as a company, they should invest the money they make in hiring people to make closed servers with seasons. This is (I believe) the moment where the game will be able to expand its playerbase to the moon.
Uh, no. This game is single player focused, not multiplayer. Having to waste resources on something that goes completely against the vision of the game is idiotic. Resources that could go to improving the single player, which is what the game is about.

Also, Crate isn't Blizzard, they don't have huge amounts of money to invest in multiplayer. It takes tons of money and manpower to have closed servers.

Last, this game has mods. Closed servers can't exist in a game with mods, something encouraged by the devs.

Last edited by Norzan; 03-13-2018 at 05:55 PM.

Tags
grim misadventure