Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 04-11-2018, 08:49 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Thanks, I will test Night's Chill versus Night's Fall. Why should we pump NJE? Is it because we convert some of this Poison damage to Frostburn?
Per point invested even w/o CD decrease coupled with acid to cold conversion damage output vise you get more from NJE than from nightfal. Ofc you can use those points elsewhere, but nightfall is bad idea imho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
1) Quick question about SS and Night's chill interaction (and this is rather off tangent): But if I converted SS cold damage to acid damage, will that affect night's chill as well? I.e. will night's chill deal acid damage?
If you have global conversion than yes if you have skill conversion than no.

Tho nightchill dmg is almost negligent and its mostly there for rr, though it comes in handy for triggering procs also.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoV View Post
Per point invested even w/o CD decrease coupled with acid to cold conversion damage output vise you get more from NJE than from nightfal. Ofc you can use those points elsewhere, but nightfall is bad idea imho.

If you have global conversion than yes if you have skill conversion than no.

Tho nightchill dmg is almost negligent and its mostly there for rr, though it comes in handy for triggering procs also.
Crap. I meant nightfall.

I keep confusing the 2.
Old 06-15-2018, 01:59 AM
Herald

Now that I think about it, binding aeon's to nidalla's outbreak can potentially help save a very skillpoint starved build the 2 points dumped into callidor's.

Just some food for thought for any interested breaker builders/pilots.

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho
Old 06-15-2018, 02:04 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
Now that I think about it, binding aeon's to nidalla's outbreak can potentially help save a very skillpoint starved build the 2 points dumped into callidor's.

Just some food for thought for any interested breaker builders/pilots.
what % chance to trigger are we looking at here, per projectile? I don't find the thought of compounding odds leaving a small gap where "oops it didn't proc" happens along. It's going to be absolutely minuscule to the point of a rounding error assuming the projectiles don't get eaten up in a wall, but it's still something to cause worry (probably the obsessive sort).
Old 06-15-2018, 02:10 AM
Herald

68% chance IIRC. With 5 projectiles, there's a 99.7% chance of success.
And that's on just one enemy. Bear in mind that the projectiles do penetrate multiple enemies as well.

Quote:
Can I talk to you about our lord and savior Jesus - Tycho

Tags
spellbreaker