Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 01-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Tried it before AoM and posted a guide here. That playstyle wasn't my thing
But if you like that then go for it
Thanks for comments. I will try it once I finish experimenting with 2h aether strikes SB build.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 01-15-2018, 10:47 AM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Thanks for comments. I will try it once I finish experimenting with 2h aether strikes SB build.
Isn't Aether Strikes restricted to Heart of Theodin Marcell? Did we get a 2h version of it?
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 01-15-2018, 12:21 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Isn't Aether Strikes restricted to Heart of Theodin Marcell? Did we get a 2h version of it?
Yes, there are no 2h version for it. By aether strikes I mean SS and CS with maximum damage types conversion to aether.

I was upset not having epic rings set and blueprint on helm with convertion of elemental damage to aether for my fun build of SB: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRymBVD. But once looked at your nice guide, I realized that I have much better option due to the amulet. I need to think about changes in gear, skills and devotions setup the build to be capable to complete AoM campaign on Absolute.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 01-15-2018, 12:40 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Yes, there are no 2h version for it. By aether strikes I mean SS and CS with maximum damage types conversion to aether.

I was upset not having epic rings set and blueprint on helm with convertion of elemental damage to aether for my fun build of SB: https://www.grimtools.com/calc/RZRymBVD. But once looked at your nice guide, I realized that I have much better option due to the amulet. I need to think about changes in gear, skills and devotions setup the build to be capable to complete AoM campaign on Absolute.
Hmm

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZor7YzV

Just make sure you get Acid Resist and Shadow Strike skill mod on the amulet. That skill mod is crucial to Aether based Shadow Strike

Since you're an arcanist with a CDR weapon. TD is recommended
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 01-15-2018, 01:06 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Hmm

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/nZor7YzV

Just make sure you get Acid Resist and Shadow Strike skill mod on the amulet. That skill mod is crucial to Aether based Shadow Strike

Since you're an arcanist with a CDR weapon. TD is recommended
Hmm, looks interestring. Thank you!

P.S: It's sad cold damage from Nightfall won't be converted to aether - we have to use items with universal elemental damage conversion to aether for 2h build.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 01-16-2018, 12:15 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Hmm, looks interestring. Thank you!

P.S: It's sad cold damage from Nightfall won't be converted to aether - we have to use items with universal elemental damage conversion to aether for 2h build.
I am still not clear on how conversion on skill mods is.
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 01-16-2018, 12:35 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 499
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am still not clear on how conversion on skill mods is.
I see. I have blueprint for amulet, so will try to check how it works today.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 01-16-2018, 02:07 PM
Strannik's Avatar
Strannik Strannik is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 499
Default

Chthon,

I crafted the amulet and tested the skill modifier on SS. I can confirm that conversion on skill modifier does not affect Nighfall. It works only for the SS itself but not for skill mods. Sad, but true.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 01-16-2018, 02:36 PM
korsar's Avatar
korsar korsar is offline
Herald
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,040
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
I am still not clear on how conversion on skill mods is.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61656
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 01-16-2018, 02:37 PM
Chthon's Avatar
Chthon Chthon is offline
Ascendant
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 8,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Chthon,

I crafted the amulet and tested the skill modifier on SS. I can confirm that conversion on skill modifier does not affect Nighfall. It works only for the SS itself but not for skill mods. Sad, but true.
Ah fuck
Thanks for testing it mate.

And thank your korsar. Your last comment on your own thread sums everyone's feelings accurately
__________________
All my builds can be found on my profile page

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
aether, reaper, shadow strike, spellbreaker, witch hunter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.