Old 01-14-2017, 09:06 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom View Post
Quick question: is there a reason why in Grimcalc doesn't say Olexra's Flash Freeze also reduces fire resistance by a %?
generally tooltips are missing a bit at the current version. I will fix em this week. I meant to do this the previous week but other stuff got in.
edit: this is now fixed.

In the meantime, I just did a very small update. some stuff may break, if so pm/email me or post as usual. The "last updated" date will not be changed, since this update doesn't do any meaningful changes.

The site will be down for near(but not quite) ~30 minutes, starting from ~now.

the builds you save during this unstable period will be kept, so you can keep sharing your links.

edit: actually, starting from ~10 minutes from now on. it is 21:10 UTC at the moment.
21:38 UTC, everything back up and running.

Last edited by Stormcaller; 01-21-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:22 PM
Initiate

How exactly do you read the monster stat page?
Using a Training Dummy as an example, it says it has a Value of 100 and (lv*5)+25 for the formula when looking at Defensive Ability.

Does the "lv" stand for the level of the monster? What does "Value" mean, if it is calculated with a formula?

Cheers
Old 01-16-2017, 06:58 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amon_GD View Post
Does the "lv" stand for the level of the monster? What does "Value" mean, if it is calculated with a formula?
"lv" is the level of the enemy. You can edit this at the top right of the window, just under the {Grim Calc} header.

Value is the result of the calculation for a given level.
Old 01-16-2017, 08:25 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
"lv" is the level of the enemy. You can edit this at the top right of the window, just under the {Grim Calc} header.

Ah I see, thank you!

Is the calculation for OA and DA on http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics still correct?

Since it according to Grim Calc Ultimate Log would only have 622 DA, which would make him really easy to crit after all?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:18 AM
Initiate

Default Small issue but it has been bugging me.

Why does grimcalc not instantly increase the character level to 2 after spending a point? It increases to level 2 after spending 3 points but in game you don't get any points to spend until you are already level 2.
Old 01-17-2017, 05:49 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Ah I see, thank you!

Is the calculation for OA and DA on http://grimdawn.wikia.com/wiki/Game_Mechanics still correct?

Since it according to Grim Calc Ultimate Log would only have 622 DA, which would make him really easy to crit after all?
about the wiki link, I don't know. It might have been changed, I know that the OA/DA gain per level was changed from 10 to 12.5, so even the official game guide is wrong. http://www.grimdawn.com/guide/character/basics.php

I haven't read the wiki but Ceno posted a list of formulas here, http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showt...t=47297&page=2 some time ago, but I don't know if they are changed again. I recall 2 different buffs to monster OA, but I dont know how they were made, by modifying the formula, or changing every monster etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post

yep, this is it.
Quote:
How exactly do you read the monster stat page?
Using a Training Dummy as an example, it says it has a Value of 100 and (lv*5)+25 for the formula when looking at Defensive Ability.

Cheers
in addition to lv. being the monster level and "value" being the result of those equations, the stats are base values.

For example, defensive ability of training dummy is "(lv*5)+25", which is "30" for lv 1. In addition to this, for example physique there will be 12.5 DA

since training dummy at lv 1 has 56 PHY, that is 700(56*12.5) extra DA, there will be also health and other bonuses from that PHY.

(clicking the skill tooltip will close it, btw)
also, skills will add/remove some stats from the monster. those are in the skills tab, and the skill levels will adjust based on the monster level as well(so make sure the level is correct)
armorbase seems to have the level "lv*1", but for example some monsters will have "lv*4" with some max skill level, so the level in skills panel is NOT the monster level, it is the skill level.

if a skill adds some phy, add DA and HP for that, again

looking at the log, https://grimcalc.com/monster/loghorrean_03 (hope this is the right one)

lets set the level to 88,

(666PHY*12.5DA + 622DA) = 8947 DA

I think this is it. can ceno confirm?

In addition, there will be hidden modifiers for the difficulty and such, modifying the resistances etc. I don't recall what exactly they were, though

I will be adding the OA(total) values to there in my next update, so that will make things easier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyran View Post
Why does grimcalc not instantly increase the character level to 2 after spending a point? It increases to level 2 after spending 3 points but in game you don't get any points to spend until you are already level 2.
It actually works that way! except... bonus points are considered free. so it was "you are level 1, with all the quests done"

If it worked like in your suggestion, lets say you complete a skill point quest at level 3, that is 6 skill points from levels and 1 point from the quest. It would say level 4, which would be above your actual level.

I agree this is slightly weird, but without hardcoding the quest levels(or adding UI elements to mark quests completed), this was a reasonable compromise.
Code:
if (__GD.usedSkillPoints > (50 * 3)) {
        charLvSkill = 50 + Math.ceil((__GD.usedSkillPoints - __SC.bonusSkillPoints - 49 * 3) / 2);
    } else {
        charLvSkill = 1 + Math.max(Math.ceil((__GD.usedSkillPoints - __SC.bonusSkillPoints) / 3), 0);
    }
so you are below 150 skill points spent, plug in 1 as the points you spent and 0 bonus points
> charLvSkill = 1 + Math.max(Math.ceil((1 - 0) / 3), 0);
> charLvSkill = 2
except because of the bonus points, you are still at level 1.

In the older versions there were a numeric input for the bonus points, but people either didn't bother putting in anything(and every build had -x skill points in the end) or didn't know how much they had from the quests(which was only 1 back then ).

titancalc still has that bonus points thing, http://titancalc.com/TitanCalc.asp?m...r1=4&master2=0 I don't know why it was unused in grimcalc and people went for minus points instead. I removed it eventually and been assuming maximum (non faction) values ever since, that is including the bonus stat and skill points.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:22 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post
snip
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Just where do you get that 1 point of Phys results in 12.5 DA?
According to the Wiki it is 0.5 per point, making Log gaining 333 DA in addition to its 1000 something base at lvl 88. It would be impossible to crit him with almost 9k DA like in your example and due to how hitchance works, your attacks would also deal greatly reduced damage, probably 0 with that much DA.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:44 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Just where do you get that 1 point of Phys results in 12.5 DA?
According to the Wiki it is 0.5 per point, making Log gaining 333 DA in addition to its 1000 something base at lvl 88. It would be impossible to crit him with almost 9k DA like in your example and due to how hitchance works, your attacks would also deal greatly reduced damage, probably 0 with that much DA.
Mistakes were made.

you see, I haven't slept for a while now, sorry about that.
The 12.5 number, was how much DA your character gains per level... but even thats wrong, because thats 12 as well. Its not relevant anyway, my bad. monsters aren't playable characters.

so yes, it should be 0.5. I am off by just about 12, which isn't a very large number. It was almost correct.

Jokes aside,
622+333 = 955 seems like the real number, then. does it fit your results in terms of what your character experiences?

you can calculate this: http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showp...46&postcount=3

If you do, let me know.

so I think thats just it, DA+(PHY*0.5)

we need ceno to tell us if theres something else to it though.

Last edited by Stormcaller; 01-17-2017 at 02:48 PM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:45 PM
Emissary

Ok, updated.
Let me know if there is an issue on the monsters page or if there are more values you'd like to see.
Also, this update is not linked in the frontpage of grimcalc.com(instead I just link to the changelog that is prettier and has better formatting), so don't be surprised if this thread doesn't get any replies. I am still collecting the feedback and responding to this thread when possible.

---------------------
now the changelog:

all class skills should have completely correct tooltips now, excluding the pets.

Devotions are also fixed a bit, but they are not done yet. I was also adding the "dont have required affinities" etc., but these were cut because I didn't want to update the css yet because my dev branch is using a different spritesheet atm.

monsters are updated, they now include updated values and formulas.

see the training dummy here: https://grimcalc.com/monster/trainingdummy

translations are updated.

heres the tooltip changelog:
Code:
Soldier
menhirs bulwark: "x% resistance to life reduction"
counter strike: "x physical damage retaliation"
Rending Force: range added(as a gray text)

Demolitionist:
grenado had "x% chance of knockdown target for y seconds", the correct version is "x% chance of knockdown target for y-z seconds"
blast shield: "x% fire resistance"
static strike: "x lightning damage" -> "y% chance of x lightning damage"
high potency: "x% reduced targets physical damage for y seconds" (was physical resistance previously, which was wrong)

Occultist:
second rite: "x vitality decay for y seconds"
possession: "x% skill disruption protection"
mend flesh: "x% health restored" -> "x% + y health restored"

Nightblade:
some order changes(like belgothians shears stun target chance appearing above chance to be used)
phantasmal armor: pierce resistance

Arcanist:
iskandras elemental exchange: energy leech per second
reckless power: had +x% burn damage, now its +x% burn damage with +y% increased duration
albrechts aether ray: had wrong mana cost. its now "x(a tick every y seconds * z(mana cost per tick))" -- this value is still wrong, but close. will fix later.
nullification: "x% reduced targets elemental damage for y-z seconds"

Shaman:
stormcallers pact: "x% chance of y% lightning damage" -> "x% chance of +y% lightning damage"
blood pact: "+x% bleeding damage with y% increased duration" -> "+x% bleeding damage with +y% increased duration"
heart of the wild: poison and bleeding duration reductions had their "+"s missing, they are now back

Misc:
"x% physical damage" is now "+x% physical damage"
"x% physicallightning damage" is now "+x% lightning damage"
"x% chance of y% physical damage" is now "x% chance of +y% physical damage"
this changelog lists every change only once, so if 2 skills had "+x% fire damage" and both of them had it missing, the change is listed as "fixed" only once, but both instances are fixed.

and these apply to devotions as well of course.

More on Grim Calc, later.

Last edited by Stormcaller; 01-21-2017 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Initiate

Is there a reason why "Ulzuin's Chosen" hasn't had a tooltip since forever? I know that people don't like the skill, but some people actually use it

At least these devotions (possibly more) don't show any values:
"Imp (tier1_19c)",
"Dryad (tier1_26c"),
"Autumn Boar (tier2_08e"),
"Autumn Boar (tier2_08f"),
"Blades of Nadaan (tier2_23f)",
"Shieldmaiden (tier2_27b)",
"Ulo the Keeper of the Waters (tier2_30d",
"Aeon's Hourglass (tier3_01b)",
"Light of Empyrion (tier3_03e)",
"Obelisk of Menhir (tier3_05c)"

Thanks for the great tool and the hard work.

Cheers

Tags
builds, grimcalc, skill trees, skills, spell