Old 05-16-2016, 02:40 AM
Praetorian

Is something down on your end? Seem to be taking an awfully long to load a(ny) mastery combination, but I can get to the main page just fine.

Latest version of Chrome.

Edit: And now can't access grimcalc at all. :/

Last edited by Ceno; 05-16-2016 at 02:57 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:58 AM
Counsel

Site should be back up now
Old 05-16-2016, 04:04 AM
Initiate

Default na

na bro aint up ay... works on my phone but not chrome/edge/explorer on 2 dif pc at dif locations...
Old 05-16-2016, 04:29 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Is something down on your end? Seem to be taking an awfully long to load a(ny) mastery combination, but I can get to the main page just fine.

yep, somethings bad. checking it out.

edit: should be up now, will write about it editing this message in a few mins.
To those that ask, yes I still fuck with grim dawn, I enjoy it, especially with grimmalion/diablo 3 mods. and no, grimcalc is obsolote. Use grimtools. Its better. I can update grimcalc right now, but I am not sure if I should, or if I should keep it at v1009 since there is not much reason to create new builds in gc.
The remainder of this page is intentionally left blank ╮(︶︿︶)╭

Last edited by Stormcaller; 05-16-2016 at 04:35 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:38 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcaller View Post
yep, somethings bad. checking it out.

edit: should be up now, will write about it editing this message in a few mins.
Yeah, it's up. Thanks for your efforts!
Old 05-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Emissary

Previously on grimcalc:
  • (the last updated date is still left at 7 may, thats not entirely true -- this update didnt change the static or generated pages so I didn't delete the server-side cache, somewhat becuase of the monster page issue below since I applied a temporary fix to that)
  • Updated the languages, except for a few. Popular and/or updated ones are updated though, japanese, german, chinese and so on.
  • connection defaults to ssl/tls and the site redirects to https now(the logic of this is not much security itself, but rather some server software like nginx even expect ssl when using http2, so its prefable to have it as a standard configuration)
  • fixed some monster pages being in russian even if the english was selected, they all default to english now. will fix this correctly to support all languages later.
Next week in grimcalc:
  • language, devotion missing properties, monsters, maybe some ui

About the site being down issue, seems to be related to "heavy load". I didnt check the access logs, so I am not sure about the root cause at the moment, nor am I at home anyway. Possibly server issue, definely -not- "heavy load" in the sense actual people causing it.
Still, I have some other ideas as well. Did this happen to anyone using firefox? did anyone with firefox as their browser had this issue as well?
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgsack View Post
na bro aint up ay... works on my phone but not chrome/edge/explorer on 2 dif pc at dif locations...
Can you please tell me which browser at which operating system(with version)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primeval View Post
Site should be back up now
What browser were you using? Was it down for you at all then came back up or was it never down for you in the first place?
Quote:

So there was a time it took 10 seconds, but still loaded? Weird. Just as I was writing this, I looked at stats and there is a period of heavy load(100% cpu use and similar). After which it goes down. Could be someone testing his ddos, or some memory leak, hopefully the latter. But it looks random, something that runs for a day stops sending pages afterwards? Weird.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matougi View Post
Thanks a lot!
BTW, there is one more problem.
In the page of the monsters, names of champions and heroes are displayed in Russian and cannot change it. Could you fix it?
Fixed(was a caching issue related to a half baked feature), you may need to ctrl+f5 though. Also updated your language pack. Please verify ^__^
Quote:
Yeah, it's up. Thanks for your efforts!
Thanks for your reports
Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Just been playing around with the GrimCalc looking to build a Druid and it struck me that it would be really useful if those Devotion skills that can be assigned to a player's skill were actually shown on GrimCalc. At the moment I have no idea if the Devotions I'm planning to use can actually be attached to the skills in my build plan. For example I want to use Tempest's Reckless Tempest skill, but have no idea whether it can be attached to Savagery, Primal Strike, Grasping Vines, etc.

I'm sure people who have been playing a lot have all this info in their heads, but I'm still getting to grips with the Devotion side and new players would have no idea which Devotion skill allocations would be possible unless they look in-game to find out.

Not sure how'd you'd implement it as you're already using the right click button for other things, but I think it would be useful if you could find some way to add this info. Maybe it could be part of the initial allocated skill description?
Good point.

Sure I can find a way, though I don't know where is that information is stored at the moment. Maybe its a a logical conclusion of something else(like skills of type A can be used with skills of type B), I dont recall seeing a list in data files. Will look into it.
To those that ask, yes I still fuck with grim dawn, I enjoy it, especially with grimmalion/diablo 3 mods. and no, grimcalc is obsolote. Use grimtools. Its better. I can update grimcalc right now, but I am not sure if I should, or if I should keep it at v1009 since there is not much reason to create new builds in gc.

Last edited by Stormcaller; 05-16-2016 at 10:11 AM.
Old 05-16-2016, 02:47 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Fixed(was a caching issue related to a half baked feature), you may need to ctrl+f5 though. Also updated your language pack. Please verify ^__^
Thank you, the display of the heros and the champions became correct.
It seems that however, a Japanese display is still old. Did you use the newest version? The newest version is 1003_03e_community_japanese.zip.
Old 05-16-2016, 06:13 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Previously on grimcalc:
  • (the last updated date is still left at 7 may, thats not entirely true -- this update didnt change the static or generated pages so I didn't delete the server-side cache, somewhat becuase of the monster page issue below since I applied a temporary fix to that)
  • Updated the languages, except for a few. Popular and/or updated ones are updated though, japanese, german, chinese and so on.
  • connection defaults to ssl/tls and the site redirects to https now(the logic of this is not much security itself, but rather some server software like nginx even expect ssl when using http2, so its prefable to have it as a standard configuration)
  • fixed some monster pages being in russian even if the english was selected, they all default to english now. will fix this correctly to support all languages later.
Next week in grimcalc:
  • language, devotion missing properties, monsters, maybe some ui

About the site being down issue, seems to be related to "heavy load". I didnt check the access logs, so I am not sure about the root cause at the moment, nor am I at home anyway. Possibly server issue, definely -not- "heavy load" in the sense actual people causing it.
Still, I have some other ideas as well. Did this happen to anyone using firefox? did anyone with firefox as their browser had this issue as well?

Can you please tell me which browser at which operating system(with version)?

What browser were you using? Was it down for you at all then came back up or was it never down for you in the first place?

So there was a time it took 10 seconds, but still loaded? Weird. Just as I was writing this, I looked at stats and there is a period of heavy load(100% cpu use and similar). After which it goes down. Could be someone testing his ddos, or some memory leak, hopefully the latter. But it looks random, something that runs for a day stops sending pages afterwards? Weird.

Thanks for your reports

Good point.

Sure I can find a way, though I don't know where is that information is stored at the moment. Maybe its a a logical conclusion of something else(like skills of type A can be used with skills of type B), I dont recall seeing a list in data files. Will look into it.
I'd hold off on this Stormcaller.

"Celestial Powers
When we originally introduced Devotion, certain skills were restricted from assignment for select Celestial Powers. This was primarily done due to balancing concerns at the time. Having observed Devotion in action for many months now, we are comfortable with loosening most of these restrictions, opening up new opportunities for skill/devotion combinations."

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38544

May turn out not to be needed.
Old 06-05-2016, 11:28 AM
Supporter

Hi man!
Pls, fix missing properties like this
http://prntscr.com/bcktgk
http://prntscr.com/bckyo1
http://prntscr.com/bckyhv

Last edited by hotdog666; 06-05-2016 at 11:45 AM.
Old 06-11-2016, 12:51 PM
Emissary

I will respond to posts later, checking out the game update now, will update grimcalc asap.

Also I have to see if I need to change the numbers on the grimcalc.

If someone knows those that would save a lot of time:
- Is the level cap still the same(85) (i think yes)
- Is the skill point amount still the same (I think there is 3 more skill points now?)
- Is the stat amount still the same(84+1x3 = 87), or did they add new quests that reward more stats?

thanks

Tags
builds, grimcalc, skill trees, skills, spell