Old 04-04-2012, 02:34 PM
Initiate

Default Chest and Power-Ups

I've already posted these two questions in other thread but it seems that they were overlooked, so I decided to just cite my questions in a new thread:

I wrote:

Quote:
In TQ:IT, when you copied over the shared stash of another player, all of its content would get deleted.
This was also the case, if you tried to use your saves an another computer and thus very annoying.
Will this be changed in GD?
And concerning the power-up orbs that were once discussed:

Quote:
Are power-up orbs now a feature of the game?

Also, has anyone considered the healing-orbs in diablo III? Somewhat a similar system. If power-up orbs are implemented, one type of the orbs might be designed to work like those healing-orbs from d3.
Old 04-04-2012, 03:48 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
In TQ:IT, when you copied over the shared stash of another player, all of its content would get deleted.
This was also the case, if you tried to use your saves an another computer and thus very annoying.
Will this be changed in GD?
This actually depends on how you did it, there's a way to do it properly so you don't lose your stuff. Copying a file over another file with the same name obviously will overwrite it. They did mention they'd be removing some kind of user-account connection with the files though, I think they did anyway. I don't remember well. haha.

Power-ups/Healing-orbs, are no. Most of us here don't like the idea of orbs and removing our health pots. However that said, pots are going to be less of a required thing (spam pot every 2 secs) and the player will have some sort of healing mechanism within their skillset. (can't remember when med mentioned something like that, pretty sure he did)
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3  
Old 04-04-2012, 03:55 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Hi, sorry I didn't see your questions previously. Must have gotten buried in another thread.

Not sure about the stash issue. That is something we can look at down the road.

We've thought about turning shrine effects into power-up type orbs just so that they can appear more randomly as drops off enemies instead of having to be placed in levels.

I'm not really a fan of the D3 health orb system and I don't think it would be necessary or beneficial given the other changes we've made to health recovery.

I think the methods of health recovery should have limits but be predictable and dependable. I don't think it is fun to have to rely on some amount of luck to recover health.

You can get a good idea of how health recovery works in Grim Dawn by watching the Occultist video. Notice that I start with 5 health potions and never actually use one. They have a 30 second cooldown though if you do use them.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:57 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Hi, sorry I didn't see your questions previously. Must have gotten buried in another thread.
No problem

Quote:
Not sure about the stash issue.
The guy who started the thread under http://www.titanquest.net/tq-forum/t...-caravan-items had the problem that I meant
Old 04-04-2012, 06:10 PM
Minister of Information

I think medierra meant: "Not sure about how we fix/handle the stash issue."
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 AM
Champion

Quote:
We've thought about turning shrine effects into power-up type orbs just so that they can appear more randomly as drops off enemies instead of having to be placed in levels.
Oh noes...power-up orbs are so bad, shrines have the unmistakable mysterious feeling to them, maybe a bit of a Diablo world speaking from me now, but power-up orbs just suck balls, and have this ugly today's fps feel, bleh.

Quote:
I'm not really a fan of the D3 health orb system and I don't think it would be necessary or beneficial given the other changes we've made to health recovery.

I think the methods of health recovery should have limits but be predictable and dependable. I don't think it is fun to have to rely on some amount of luck to recover health.
Exactly, I cannot imagine how this can work on Inferno difficulty in D3 properly, I just can't...there must be so many deaths only because of the orbs, it cannot be fun...

Quote:
You can get a good idea of how health recovery works in Grim Dawn by watching the Occultist video. Notice that I start with 5 health potions and never actually use one. They have a 30 second cooldown though if you do use them.
30sec cooldown? Wow. =D =D

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Closed Thread

Tags
health, inventory, save games