Old 11-23-2017, 09:41 PM
Supporter

Default TQ Runemaster combination

Hi everyone,

I'm beginning the Ragnarok DLC on TQ and I was wondering which class I will combine with the Runemaster! I hesitate between:

- Dragon Hunter (Runemaster+Hunting) to focus on Thunder Strike for damage and using the runes and walls to keep ennemies at a distance.

- Stonespeaker (Runemaster+Earth) to make a melee dual-wield character focusing on elemental damage thanks to the damage converter of the modifier of the Runed Weapon skill.

Tell me what combination you will try and why
Old 11-23-2017, 11:19 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Stonespeaker (Runemaster+Earth) to make a melee dual-wield character focusing on elemental damage thanks to the damage converter of the modifier of the Runed Weapon skill.
Hi. I went Runemaster + Earth. I'm currently level 32. I am also focused on dual-wielding elemental damage. I have maxed out the Runemaster and I've been using Rune Mines for AOE. I also picked up Earth Enchantment and will probably max out the Earth mastery for the attribute points. I've tried Volcanic Orb for AOE (but only a couple of points), but it just drained my energy and did very little damage compared to Rune Mines. Also, the Rune Mines passive modifier that does frostburn damage is pretty useful.

I just reached Typhon last night in Act 3 and I've been getting my ass decimated over and over. My gear is all pretty under-leveled, and I'm rethinking to add more defense orientated skills into my build.

Typhon has been a pain in the ass with my melee characters. Any suggestions would help me. I've only played archers in the past, and I've always took him down fairly easily at ranged.
Old 11-24-2017, 02:53 AM
Counsel

Rune + Hunt sounds amazing even if only for the name of the class.
I wanna make spear+shield. any proposed tree?
Old 11-24-2017, 06:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucy Snorebush View Post
Typhon has been a pain in the ass with my melee characters. Any suggestions would help me. I've only played archers in the past, and I've always took him down fairly easily at ranged.
And that's your answer. Equip a bow and potshot him from a distance then run down the ramp to get out of his way. Not the quickest method, but certainly safer than trying to melee him.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:32 AM
Praetorian

Killed him with Templar yesterday in coop. He is insane. Log and Theodin have fucking nothing on this guy.

>Some sort of retaliation move in melee
>Lifeleech breath
>Manaleech breath
>Constant meteor spam

Used Phantom Strike with Shield Charge to balance him out. Coloss is almost out of the question due to mana leech. From the old game they 100% pumped him up.

And it's great.

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.
Old 11-24-2017, 12:24 PM
Praetorian

Uh, i always kill Typhon in around 10 to 20 seconds with any build on any difficulty. The biggest reason why is that there's a Battle Marker nearby, i just pick it up, he uses his fire breath, then his meteor rain and then just i kill him extremely quickly. I think my record is 4 seconds on Legendary with my Warden.

He's actually kind of a big joke. Theodin and Log might be easy for the most part, but at least they last more than 10 seconds. The path to reach Typhon is actually much harder than him, which is completely backwards.

Last edited by Norzan; 11-24-2017 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-24-2017, 04:39 PM
Herald

Typhon causes problem for some builds only in Normal, especially pure pet builds and melee auto attackers
Old 11-24-2017, 07:33 PM
Supporter

I think I will go for Rune+Hunt it seems good!
For Typhon I always struggled with ranged characters because I took a long time to make damage and he just healed back with his life leech, but when I encountered him in Epic with my Templar and some decent gear it went well I still have to reach him in Legendary with my Templar though, I will see then
Old 11-24-2017, 09:38 PM
Praetorian

Doing rune + dream/hunting here. The dream combo is ok, focusing on electrical burn damage. The hunting one isn't a high level yet but it should seemingly perform like an old Haruspex albeit with more utility.

Rune seems like a generally good mastery but is filled with lots of 1-pointers and its summons are generally pretty bad.
Old 11-24-2017, 09:44 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
UHe's actually kind of a big joke. Theodin and Log might be easy for the most part, but at least they last more than 10 seconds. The path to reach Typhon is actually much harder than him, which is completely backwards.
As dekaron said, he causes problems only on Normal. And I was in coop, mind this. He is seriously packing some good firepower for unprepared characters, especially melee ones.
And strangely enough, i disagree about the path. I found mobs piss easy on each difficulty. Depends on your class I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekaron View Post
Typhon causes problem for some builds only in Normal, especially pure pet builds and melee auto attackers
This. His constant meteor spam, mana leech and retaliation are a major pain in the ass on Normal.

As for Rune, I'll go with Rune + Defence next time. With throwing axes, as main weapons.

Cadence falls on the skull,
It cracks with a thunderous roar,
A Raging Beast in pain.
It screams, it tears the flesh, it crushes the bones...
With the Force of a thousand Bulls,
Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.