Old 05-26-2018, 02:33 PM
Initiate

Hello,

I recently level a character to level 58 in the vanilla version of GD.
Now , I wanted to try out the Expansion due to more content and new classes. I thus resetted the masteries and such of my level 58 character. However, as soon as I start the game with the expansion , the character is gone. In other words, the character does only show, when the expansion is disabled.

Any way to fix that ?
Old 06-04-2018, 09:48 AM
Super Moderator

Why did you reset your masteries? Not needed to play the expansion.

Soul, a question for someone over on the TQF site. Do you need to own/install GD to be able to use GDDefiler? Because they're having problems getting it to install and they don't own the game. This is what they said the problem is.

"I downloaded GD Defiler about a week ago, and have tried a few times to get it to install. The problem is that after I get the "this installation version is for evaulation purposes only" and try to proceed with the installation of GD Defiler, it tells me there is already an installation that is ongoing and I have to complete that one before this one will install. I click 'Retry' but it doesn't help.

Is this due to me having the old Defiler installed on my computer? If so, will deleting that program allow me to get this version to work? I really would like to be able to socket my Epic and Legendary items with relics and charms again!"
Old 06-06-2018, 11:02 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
"I downloaded GD Defiler about a week ago, and have tried a few times to get it to install. The problem is that after I get the "this installation version is for evaulation purposes only" and try to proceed with the installation of GD Defiler, it tells me there is already an installation that is ongoing and I have to complete that one before this one will install. I click 'Retry' but it doesn't help.

Is this due to me having the old Defiler installed on my computer? If so, will deleting that program allow me to get this version to work? I really would like to be able to socket my Epic and Legendary items with relics and charms again!"

Typically you see messages like that when another install was done and requires a restart.

Even windows updates can cause a hold up like. Try restarting?
Old 06-08-2018, 07:10 PM
Supporter

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if GD Defiler works with the new save format introduced with patch 1.0.6.0? I haven't seen an update from Soul yet about it...

Thanks!
Old 06-08-2018, 08:00 PM
Praetorian

He asked me about a week ago what changes to the format there were. Whether a change is needed depends on the actual implementation, ie whether he hard coded the number of factions or sized it dynamically based on the file data.

Since the change would be easy, if needed at all, and there has not been an update, it seems safe to assume that none was needed, same as for my tool.
Old 06-08-2018, 08:49 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba View Post
He asked me about a week ago what changes to the format there were. Whether a change is needed depends on the actual implementation, ie whether he hard coded the number of factions or sized it dynamically based on the file data.

Since the change would be easy, if needed at all, and there has not been an update, it seems safe to assume that none was needed, same as for my tool.
Great, thanks for the help!
Old 06-11-2018, 06:57 PM
Initiate

Default Will Not Work With Ragnarok Characters

I cannot use the tool with Ragnarok Characters. Whenever I do, I have an error.

The Error is "Rebirth data version is not 1"

Help?
Old 06-11-2018, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, I get the same.

If I don't send a report and close the report window I then get this message.

Old 06-27-2018, 08:10 PM
Initiate

Default Any GD Defiler Updates?

The sticky post notes that there are versions that are more current than the version posted in the sticky. Any updates?

Tags
tools