Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 06-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabarto View Post
My childhood memories of Starcraft are faint at this point, but I distinctly remember my dad and older brother watching me play and saying, "dude you've got an SCV not doing anything" and me arguing with them and saying I need to keep it idle in case I needed to build something.
Lol, that's why the memories are faint, if you did get him to work, you would be playing the game at more competitive level and most likely still consider it the best game ever made
Old 07-13-2017, 02:55 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrafaglarWal View Post
Lol, that's why the memories are faint, if you did get him to work, you would be playing the game at more competitive level and most likely still consider it the best game ever made
I sucked at competitive play and still consider it the best game ever made.
Old 07-14-2017, 01:39 PM
Praetorian

you can now pre order the RM version on blizzard website

cost is USD 14.99

From what I seen of the new graphics, they look fairly good, but in some cases, a bit too much influence from Sc2 has been taken, but still, not too bad at all.

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 07-15-2017, 09:01 PM
Herald

I just watched the trailer on the website and I couldn't help but squeal like a little girl. Brood Wars is still my favorite RTS of all time.

They did say it's the same classic gameplay, so I'm wondering if they truly left everything alone and just updated the graphics, or if they made some subtle changes. Either way, I'm also interested in knowing if we can import our custom maps into the new engine.
Old 07-16-2017, 12:07 PM
Praetorian

The gameplay is left well alone, one thing they not said, is if the unable to create more units bug will be fixed or not. (3V3 and 4V4) as the engine would unable to create more units beyond a certain point, and some units wouldn't fire) as this is a engine limitation, (which is fixed in some mods)

I think some types of custom maps will be fine, (none ladder maps) but as the remastered version will support ladder, then I think as long as the custom maps aren't a security risk, then hopefully they will play.

But I can't really find much, as I don't think blizzard has said anything.

I guess we have to wait and see.

Edit

From what I read, the standard map editor will be enhanced, but then again, there are third party editors which are available, and these uses tweaks to get certain scripts running, (which leads back to my earlier point)

So I don't know, and again, its wait and see.

Last edited by matthewfarmery; 07-16-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 07-16-2017, 03:17 PM
Apostle

Is this the remake/remaster they have been talking about or is this something else?
Sorry too lazy to read the entire thread

If the original fans feel that they've done a good job I hope they consider Warcraft III: RoC and FT

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 07-17-2017, 12:36 PM
Praetorian

Basically, its an upgraded visual upgrade, so a remaster. Blizzard has also said you can switch between the enhanced graphics and the original, (but only the remaster version will support ladders) because there will be an increase in screensize.

this will install over the free edition of SC1, (you need the free version to play) while the remastered graphics is a paid upgrade.

Hope that answers your question?

Old 07-31-2017, 11:28 PM
Herald

Didn't think this required its own thread, but Blizzard are remastering Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 after Starcraft. New job postings have hinted toward a D2 remaster and a few higher ups from Blizzard openly spoke about an upcoming Warcraft 3 remaster.

Nothing official has been stated from Blizzard, so just Google around and you'll find plenty of information.
Old 08-01-2017, 03:06 AM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
Didn't think this required its own thread, but Blizzard are remastering Diablo 2 and Warcraft 3 after Starcraft. New job postings have hinted toward a D2 remaster and a few higher ups from Blizzard openly spoke about an upcoming Warcraft 3 remaster.

Nothing official has been stated from Blizzard, so just Google around and you'll find plenty of information.
sexcellent.
Old 08-01-2017, 02:22 PM
Speaker

Warcraft 3 would actually be a remaster I'd be interested in (Played SC1 in SC2 via the mass recall mod, so I already had that one covered). Warcraft 3 in something like the SC2 engine...nice! (If they decide to upgrade the engine itself that is...)
-------
~~ "Many Kings. Many Empires. Many Gods. Many Gods. All Gone. All Things Go." ~~
- Anghammarad, "Going Postal" by Terry Pratchett