Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Old 07-09-2017, 01:30 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroChris View Post
Got it! It was a tense fight!
I was euipped to the teeth with addons and used the Honey for health, still got pretty low though...
I also died once during the dungeon then i changed my equipment/addons a bit more towards health... worked out fine!
Got awesome loot too ! Such a great game.

PS: but actually, like you can with areas, you cant out level Salazar... he just levels with you, or was that clear for everybody from the beginnging
Grats

And yeah, I often find that I am more likely to die in the dungeon proper, usually as a result of accidentally pulling in a vicious Hero mob spawn. Some combos that can spawn in there on Vet can be scary (especially at low level). It's always damn nice to pop those loot bubbles after tho. Surprisingly, I got no hero spawns in both my vids which made for slightly boring runs until Salazar. Sometimes DS will be packed with them tho from beginning to end which is always awesome, to say the least.

Last edited by powbam; 07-09-2017 at 01:34 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 01:43 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by retroChris View Post
PS: but actually, like you can with areas, you cant out level Salazar... he just levels with you, or was that clear for everybody from the beginnging
I can't remember the exact level but you start to outpace him between 35-40 or so, if memory serves. Unless they changed something I am unaware of.

Sent from my SM-J727P using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2017, 08:57 PM
Praetorian

Alright did one more DS vid with my Demo@30. I switched him from 2H to DW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XjqL9UdZbs

Here is the build I had at the time
http://www.grimtools.com/calc/eZP7wBV0
GrimToolsCalc Keybinds: [C] Character Screen, [S] Skill Screen, [D] Devotion Screen

The game becomes drastically easier around 30ish as your build is starting to gain some meat to it. In this instance I have taken the mastery to max and gained access to Ulzuin's Chosen including I have gained a lot of good gear drops.

I am now actually at 35

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/mN4YPQ2g
GrimToolsCalc Keybinds: [C] Character Screen, [S] Skill Screen, [D] Devotion Screen

and have gained access to the Magi Devotion and its Fissure proc (placed on Firestrike), started making inroads into the Arcanist tree, and have found even better gear 3 out of 4 items in the Marauder's Justice Set, Grenadier Shoulderguard (lol) and the Quickening Gem (lolol). I mean, I wouldn't blame you guys for thinking that maybe I might be in RNGesus' backpocket or something (yeah, that's a triple lol there).

In a 5 level difference from 30-35, "35 me" annihilates "30 me" and "30 me" wasn't exactly begging for scraps either.

This, my friends, is how you hand Sally her apron and show her to the kitchen (come at me feminazis).

/apologies,wasfeelingindabragginmoodthereloveitwhen agoodsoupcomestogether
Special Delivery
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

Last edited by powbam; 07-09-2017 at 09:18 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:11 AM
Speaker

I still remember clearly wandering into the Depraved Sanctuary on my first character.

Clearing the dungeon was easy enough, but at Salazar I kept getting 2-shotted by the Doom Bolt. Stood in the Sigil too long (low movespeed) and he'd heal. Frustrating! Went to grind XP to level a few times and went back, beat him in a long and close fight.

Now on my new characters, I look out for items with Chaos and Vitality resist e.g. Resistant prefix items. Salazar became WAY easier. The resistances make a huge difference.
Old 07-12-2017, 07:15 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
I still remember clearly wandering into the Depraved Sanctuary on my first character.

Clearing the dungeon was easy enough, but at Salazar I kept getting 2-shotted by the Doom Bolt. Stood in the Sigil too long (low movespeed) and he'd heal. Frustrating! Went to grind XP to level a few times and went back, beat him in a long and close fight.

Now on my new characters, I look out for items with Chaos and Vitality resist e.g. Resistant prefix items. Salazar became WAY easier. The resistances make a huge difference.
its still a bit tough for me to figure out which damage is the best against which enemies and which resistancies i should add.. but thats half of the games fun amirite ?